Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FonikiSayionara

Some info new player here

41 comments in this topic

Players
58 posts
6,692 battles

Hey guys kinda new to the game and i got some questions...

I was kinda lucky since i started playing russian cruisers(right now im on donskoi) with moskva becoming prem ship without knowing at the time i started :P

Anyway i wwanna ask you couple things.

1. im already using premium time+ flags i get but is it worth to spend another 20euros for a T6 prem ship to accelerate the credit farm thing?

2. Should i sell T6 T8 cruisers from the russian line to get some cash back? any general suggestions would appreciate!

Thanks and stay safe home :) 

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
3 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

I was kinda lucky since i started playing russian cruisers(right now im on donskoi) with moskva becoming prem ship without knowing at the time i started :P

1. im already using premium time+ flags i get but is it worth to spend another 20euros for a T6 prem ship to accelerate the credit farm thing?

2. Should i sell T6 T8 cruisers from the russian line to get some cash back? any general suggestions would appreciate!

1. Only when you have serious credit problems and really like the ship, otherwise you will not play it often enough
  2. Sell all ships you do not like, keep all ships you like to play again

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles

You can get a lot of excellent T9 prem ships for coal or free xp, if you are patient, theese freemiums all earn a lot of credits. 

Generally, if you dont play a ship occasionally for fun after grinding through, sell it. 

[SKRUB]
Players
627 posts
24,301 battles
4 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

im already using premium time+ flags i get but is it worth to spend another 20euros for a T6 prem ship to accelerate the credit farm thing?

Wows is more credit friendly than Wot.

Do you struggle right now with credit ? If no, keep playing with silver ship.

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
17 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

T6 prems don't really have good credit printi g, tier 8 and above are considered "good". Though T7 Atlanta seems to print well... On good battles

Russian CLs are great, only instance where I'd sell them would be "cant afford Moskva and patch is tommorow".

Speaking of which, make sure you have tier 5, Kirov as she will turn premium. Also check inventory for old hulls and modules, you can get some easy buck from there.

Players
58 posts
6,692 battles

The thing is i make xp faster than credits :P with the T9 is hard to farm credits and i gotta go back to a T6 or T7 to make 200k+ a game. thats why i asked if is worth to buy t6 would it make difference?

Thanks for the answers!

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
8 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

The thing is i make xp faster than credits :P with the T9 is hard to farm credits and i gotta go back to a T6 or T7 to make 200k+ a game. thats why i asked if is worth to buy t6 would it make difference?

My personal opinion - no. I mean, such premium ship will have better income, but IMO not enough to warrant throwing wallet at the screen to get it. Unless ship in question is your IRL favorite like Warspite or Graf Spee, but then that falls under "collectables" reason and you can't quite argue with that.

And then most likely premium you're looking at, Molotov (to use existing RU captains), while its not bad ship, you will* get free premium sister of hers tier lower. There are two premium ships for coal, tier 6 Aigle and tier 7 Błyskawica, two decent destroyers you could use for farming without spending. Issue is, if Russian is your first and main tech tree, you probably don't have 10lvl French or European captains laying around to get essential skills for those two destroyers. Or any other destroyers for that matter.

Or British Nelson at tier 7 for 375k Free Exp, solid ship, at least not as power crept as Błyskawica is.

*by having Kirov in port when patch hits

• Cool 1

[PN4VY]
Players
359 posts
7,090 battles
36 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

1)I would personally say no, not yet at least. Kirov and Schoors were beasts at their tier and you could easily farm credits on them.
2)As a personal rule of thumb: Keep all TVIII and TX ships for ranked and after that save the best ships of each line on each tier. You might join a clan later, or might wanna do some operations or we might even get some silly t5-6-7 ranked session instead of 8-10. So it is good to have options!
Sell ships only when you are desperate for credits. I dont know about the rest, but Musashi is great for creating credits, especially if you have flags (Think 1m cr for a 100k dmg game).
Also it is recomended to save your special flags (free xp, credits, captain xp and the mixed ones) for premium or resource ships that you play very well. This way you maximize your income.

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
46 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

If you can manage without it, I'd hold off on selling them at least until we know the specifics of how WG will handle the upcoming line split. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles
1 minute ago, FonikiSayionara said:

Your stats are hidden, so I can't tell definitively, but if you're a new player, you may not realise how the economy is set-up i.e. ships get a lot more expensive to play (maintenance costs) as you go up the tiers. There are a couple of knock-on effects to this: first, it (slightly) discourages f2p players from going too high in the tiers for their skill level, and - much more significantly - it encourages people to spend real money on things like permaflage and premium ships.

The key driver of rewards (including silver) is damage, and relative damage in particular i.e. doing 10K to something small like a DD will net greater rewards than doing the same 10K to a fat lad. Your key controllable cost is usually premium consumables; I would suggest taking premium for anything that allows you to do significantly more damage and/or survive longer, and take standard for marginal ones. For example, I always take premium DCP regardless of mode; mostly premium for others in random, and standard others in coop.

That should allow you to maximise income from your silver ships (or at least minimise cost at high tiers).

Once you've done that and assessed the impact it has, then think about premiums. Some areas to consider:

• You want something you can do well with consistently; premiums have the same reward drivers as everything else, just magnified.
  • Generally, higher tier premiums earn more than lower tier ones, but the previous point trumps this - pick a tier you're actively good at (or at least not awful).
  • Think about captain training: get something that works well with your silver ships (and avoid anything weird). For example, Haida is an excellent premium in terms of raw performance, but there is no corresponding silver line, so it's much harder (and/or eats into your elite/free xp reserves) to get the necessary good captain for her, where most of the premium US DDs work well with exactly the same build as the silver ones.

Without knowing how good you are, which classes you favour, and so on, I can't be more specific, but that's a starter for ten.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles

BTW re: selling ships. I would suggest avoiding it as much as possible, at least T5+. This is for a few reasons:

• Snowflakes (and similar) - in the last few years, we've had several events where you get coal/steel/SCs etc. for the first victory in T5+ ships (reward varying with tier and sometimes premium/not premium), so the more ships you have, the better the rewards.
  • Losing silver (and doubloons) - every time you sell something, you lose half its silver value; also, upgrades cost silver to dismount if you want to keep them (so avoiding a similar loss); this becomes more and more significant as you advance up the tiers.
  • Future-proofing, for want of a better expression - you occasionally get new lines or line splits where having an earlier ship in your port gets you useful freebies e.g. when the US cruisers split, or the upcoming RU cruiser split (Kirov becomes premium, for example). Also, there are a number of competitive/event modes which call for weird tiers e.g. the lower tier sprints.

For me the first reason is why I keep almost everything from T5+; that, and the fact I have a *lot* of spare port slots. Most people seem to be a bit more pragmatic and sell anything they don't actively like; I would still advise against this from T8 and up, unless you're absolutely swimming in silver. Until recently, a lack of available port slots for new players was a key driver of selling silver ships, but now you can get plenty of freebies from the daily missions (hopefully, this will continue), so relieving that pressure somewhat.

BTW *never* sell a premium, regardless of tier - you can get the same silver by just playing the thing in relatively few battles, plus, even if you aren't keen on it now, that may well change in the future (although you can re-buy sold premiums if you have the silver and a port slot, but that's a faff).

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles
4 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

Where do i check stats and make it public?

To make your stats public, log into your account (via the drop-down top right on this page) and there's a toggle:

image.thumb.png.6add3bae61d1a7d3a16ee9296eab4e2f.png

(above the mouse pointer on the above screen-grab); you have three options: public, private, and viewable by link (or something like that).

I assume you can see your own stats via this view, even if it's set to private (anyone know, definitively?); if you want to use external sites (this isn't a bad one:https://wows-numbers.com/), you need to be set to 'public'.

Before you do set your stats to public, be mindful that there are some down-sides; whilst people can offer you more informed advice/opinions etc. you get a few sad cases who'll try and make up for being insufficiently priapic by trying to stat-shame.

• Cool 2

Players
58 posts
6,692 battles

Thanks i found it! 

13 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Before you do set your stats to public, be mindful that there are some down-sides; whilst people can offer you more informed advice/opinions etc. you get a few sad cases who'll try and make up for being insufficiently priapic by trying to stat-shame.

I think 8 years of league of legends its enough experience for that :P

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,397 posts
16,935 battles

Personally, I usually sell tech tree ships once I've finished the grind.   I may hang onto some like the Bismark but I've been grinding her part-time and I have the Tirpitz anyway.  I tend to have enough premiums to cover operations but with WGs attitude towards operations that may no longer be required.

If you don't have any premiums you can always hang onto some tech tree ships either as crew trainers or to get some credits.

If you are short of credits check the Inventory (click on your name in the base and select it from the drop down menu.  There may be unused equipment on the silver ships in there - don't sell anything else though as you may want to use them.

[PANEU]
Players
4,583 posts
13,366 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, FonikiSayionara sagte:

Hello. 

It's not worth it to buy a tier 6 premium for credit farming. 

It depends on how you liked those ships. Generally try not to sell them. 

Have fun! 

[DC_DK]
Players
3,167 posts
36,413 battles

If you want to invest real money into a premium ship, then chose one that synergise with the lines you are playing.. In your case Russian cruisers. Like buying Lazo and you can both retrain your commander and earn credits while doing so.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles
11 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

Thanks i found it!

Yay!

Some more specific feedback from a *very quick* glance at your profile:

• You're playing all the key classes; that's good - keep doing it (it'll make you better in all of them, which leads to better earnings).
  • You're focused on just two nations (Russia and the US); this isn't bad, but it doesn't do any harm to diversify a bit (IJN is worth a lash as the 'other' original nation in the game, besides the US), for similar reasons to the whole 'play all classes' thing.
  • You are definitely rushing up the tiers too fast (Donskoi after 400ish battles is way too fast); normally, I would strongly advise you to slow down, but I assume you're chasing the free semi-premium Moskva? In that case, get it, and then return to lower tiers to do the thing a bit more methodically - mainly to get the good enough captains which - unless you throw lots of money at WG - take quite a while to develop.

People with better abilities vis-a-vis stats analysis will be able to provide you with better pointers...

Players
58 posts
6,692 battles
19 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You are definitely rushing up the tiers too fast (Donskoi after 400ish battles is way too fast); normally, I would strongly advise you to slow down, but I assume you're chasing the free semi-premium Moskva? In that case, get it, and then return to lower tiers to do the thing a bit more methodically - mainly to get the good enough captains which - unless you throw lots of money at WG - take quite a while to develop.

yep thats why im trying to get it asap so i can go back...

• Cool 1

Players
3,240 posts
19,504 battles
1 hour ago, FonikiSayionara said:

Thanks for the answers!

Keep in mind the russian cruiser split will also see the tier 5 Kirov turn premium.

Credits are always short from tier 8 onwards. Foue options:

1) if you want moskva, simply sell the tier 9 to buy the tier 10 once you have enough XP. You should have the extra credits from playing it.

2) Do as I did and get a premium ship of a class and style you like. I've since stopped playing Blyscawica since WG removed the very mechanic that made her good.

3) get a premium camo for tier 8 or 9. Sometimes they are available for 50%. Earns about half of what premiums earn, but you will know the ship in advance.

4) wait untill you have enough coal/fxp to buy a free premium in the armory, possibly combined with option 1. The tier 9s have the best credit earning potential.

Players
6 posts
233 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

T6 prems don't really have good credit printi g, tier 8 and above are considered "good". Though T7 Atlanta seems to print well... On good battles

Russian CLs are great, only instance where I'd sell them would be "cant afford Moskva and patch is tommorow".

Speaking of which, make sure you have tier 5, Kirov as she will turn premium. Also check inventory for old hulls and modules, you can get some easy buck from there.

I found a few mill credits in the inventory, just stuff that accumulated over time and forgot that I had.

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
4 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

1) if you want moskva, simply sell the tier 9 to buy the tier 10 once you have enough XP. You should have the extra credits from playing it.

AFAIK there is no decision whether Moskva owners will get replacement ship, Alexander Nevsky for free. So I wouldn't yeet Donskoi just yet, as worst case scenario, you will have to regrind tier 10 with her again.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,554 posts
15,788 battles
2 hours ago, FonikiSayionara said:

Premium time & signal flags / camouflages will be a very solid income source - but especially when grinding up for the first time credits can be a bit of an issue due to the constant ship / upgrade cost you're paying when moving up in Tiers. I would highly recommend to also make sure you make the best use of campaigns, collections & freebie activities where you can (check opt-in portal articles, etc.). Maybe also consider inviting friends via the Recruiting Station to get some additional goodies.

When it comes to premium ships - the income usually scales with the Tier (but you also pay higher servicing costs and usually more for consumables since you get more slots). If you enjoy the game and you would like to have an additional boost to income and gain the option to train a commander on the same nation, a premium ship is a good choice. In general my piece of advice is pick something that looks close to the playstyle you personally enjoy the most - because even the shiniest premium can't do magic, the income depends on your performance. Especially when you're a bit newer in Warships a mid-Tier choice is probably a good pick - not too expensive, familiar playstyle and low servicing costs. Higher premium ships are a great choice for generating income, but you do play on Tiers you might not feel comfortable with yet and face a lot of top Tier ships.

When it comes to selling tech-tree ships, I'd also recommend only selling those you don't like or don't want to play in the future. But you can always buy them back at a later point (for the full cost though).

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

Premium time & signal flags / camouflages will be a very solid income source - but especially when grinding up for the first time credits can be a bit of an issue due to the constant ship / upgrade cost you're paying when moving up in Tiers. I would highly recommend to also make sure you make the best use of campaigns, collections & freebie activities where you can (check opt-in portal articles, etc.). Maybe also consider inviting friends via the Recruiting Station to get some additional goodies.

When it comes to premium ships - the income usually scales with the Tier (but you also pay higher servicing costs and usually more for consumables since you get more slots). If you enjoy the game and you would like to have an additional boost to income and gain the option to train a commander on the same nation, a premium ship is a good choice. In general my piece of advice is pick something that looks close to the playstyle you personally enjoy the most - because even the shiniest premium can't do magic, the income depends on your performance. Especially when you're a bit newer in Warships a mid-Tier choice is probably a good pick - not too expensive, familiar playstyle and low servicing costs. Higher premium ships are a great choice for generating income, but you do play on Tiers you might not feel comfortable with yet and face a lot of top Tier ships.

When it comes to selling tech-tree ships, I'd also recommend only selling those you don't like or don't want to play in the future. But you can always buy them back at a later point (for the full cost though).

Greetings, Crysantos

Speaking of the devil - I guess there is no decision regarding whether Moskva owners will get Nevsky for free?

Players
3,240 posts
19,504 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

AFAIK there is no decision whether Moskva owners will get replacement ship, Alexander Nevsky for free. So I wouldn't yeet Donskoi just yet, as worst case scenario, you will have to regrind tier 10 with her again.

11 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

Since I have Moskva and already sold Donskoi, having to regrind the donskoi (which is NOT being replaced or moved) from stock  would be a rather extreme punishment for not having the researched ship in port. Maybe @Crysantos can shed some light on this, since I cant imagine WG punishing players for sellling elited ships and forcing a regrind from stock condition. Having to buy the thing again, maybe. Not regrinding B hulls and such.

Sign in to follow this