You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

How It Works: Spotting and Detectability System 2.0

26 comments in this topic

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts

i hav seen it but do not understand how a DD can be invisible when it is only 2-3 km away from my ship,  i simply cant see it,  my ship is the tier X german kurfurst, please explain?

i have encountered many DDs that is invisible like that,  once one appeard right next to me like 50meters and send 20 torps in my side then dissapeard again.

i do not understand how a ship can fire at me and dissapear after fireing the reappear to fire again and dissapear, and i cant hit him when he is invisible.

i do not understand how you cant hit invisible ships, when visible you can hit it, but when it dissapears you cant, like you just fired at it then its gone  and you hit nothing why is that? is it a error in the game.?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
944 posts
14,495 battles
6 minutes ago, kenalb said:

i hav seen it but do not understand how a DD can be invisible when it is only 2-3 km away from my ship,  i simply cant see it,  my ship is the tier X german kurfurst, please explain?

Any ship that is closer than 2 km is allways visible. No matter what. If it was more than 2 km one of you could've been sitting in smoke.

8 minutes ago, kenalb said:

once one appeard right next to me like 50meters and send 20 torps in my side then dissapeard again.

Impossible. First, there are no DD that can fire 20 torps in one go in the game. Second, 50 m is so close that the torps wouldn't have time to arm.

10 minutes ago, kenalb said:

i do not understand how a ship can fire at me and dissapear after fireing the reappear to fire again and dissapear, and i cant hit him when he is invisible.

A ship that fires is visible for 20 seconds, if it was outside detect range before that. Most BBs reload in more than that, say 30 s. Ship fires, get spotted, after 20 s he goes unspotted and after 10 more s he's reloaded and fires again and gets respotted. The reason its hard to hit an unssen ship is that you get a "aim-bonus" when you have your sights locked on a target, and you can't lock on to something you can't see. Shells that hit an unseen ship will not pass through it.

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

Question,

Why are ships vissible as long i'm not loaded ? It makes me wonder when i have to wait like 20 secs while i'm locking all the time to a ships, and a split second before i'm loaded the target is gone. Ok i'll look for a second target, shoot, aaaaaand, the first target is there again, but i can't shoot, i have to wait again ... same scenario happends again.

Same thing with zoom, I see a ship and i zoom in for targetting and the ship suddenley is gone ? I zoom out again and the ships is there again, so i zoom in again and the ships is gone again, etc ..

I spoke to friends about it, me thinking i had some wrong settings or so, but they have the same problem and the oldest players even told me that WOW was beeing told about it but never fixed it...

I know it' just software but i feel like not spending more money to it like i did in the beginning.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
944 posts
14,495 battles
43 minutes ago, OldDawg said:

Why are ships vissible as long i'm not loaded ? It makes me wonder when i have to wait like 20 secs while i'm locking all the time to a ships, and a split second before i'm loaded the target is gone. Ok i'll look for a second target, shoot, aaaaaand, the first target is there again, but i can't shoot, i have to wait again ... same scenario happends again.

The detect range blooms for 20 seconds after a ship has fired. After that it goes back to normal. If you are at a range that are between those two ranges then you will only see him for 20 seconds. Untill he fires again.

45 minutes ago, OldDawg said:

Same thing with zoom, I see a ship and i zoom in for targetting and the ship suddenley is gone ? I zoom out again and the ships is there again, so i zoom in again and the ships is gone again, etc ..

Unless you have your sights exactly on the target the zoom will "miss" it. Line up the sights exactly before you zoom in.

• Bad 1

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

I think you are missing the point.

Please read again, these ships apear or disapear in split seconds not after 20 seconds, I got that so far.

• Cool 1

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts
20 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Any ship that is closer than 2 km is allways visible. No matter what. If it was more than 2 km one of you could've been sitting in smoke.

Impossible. First, there are no DD that can fire 20 torps in one go in the game. Second, 50 m is so close that the torps wouldn't have time to arm.

A ship that fires is visible for 20 seconds, if it was outside detect range before that. Most BBs reload in more than that, say 30 s. Ship fires, get spotted, after 20 s he goes unspotted and after 10 more s he's reloaded and fires again and gets respotted. The reason its hard to hit an unssen ship is that you get a "aim-bonus" when you have your sights locked on a target, and you can't lock on to something you can't see. Shells that hit an unseen ship will not pass through it.

Ýou are missing the point, the spotting system is faulty,  i know how it works,  but i experince exactly what i stated the first time.   

dds can appear out of the blue right next to you and you are doomed,  and schmikaze has that abillity  or so i have been told.     

i tried to figure out why you cant hit a stationary ship when it dissapear,  but i at a loss,   i can see it then i fire at it then it dissapear and you hit nothing, then it reappear i fire again,  it  dissapears and i hit nothing again and remeber that it is stationary as in not moving a inch.   pleas explain that.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
944 posts
14,495 battles
31 minutes ago, kenalb said:

Ýou are missing the point, the spotting system is faulty,  i know how it works,  but i experince exactly what i stated the first time.   

dds can appear out of the blue right next to you and you are doomed,  and schmikaze has that abillity  or so i have been told.     

i tried to figure out why you cant hit a stationary ship when it dissapear,  but i at a loss,   i can see it then i fire at it then it dissapear and you hit nothing, then it reappear i fire again,  it  dissapears and i hit nothing again and remeber that it is stationary as in not moving a inch.   pleas explain that.

So you understand but you don't like it. Get in line.

If you don't like the game. Don't play. If you play. Learn the system and use it to your advantage. "Knowledge is power." "When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

The ball is in your court, what you gonna do? Are you gonna learn or are you gonna mope?

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts
1 hour ago, Hanse77SWE said:

So you understand but you don't like it. Get in line.

If you don't like the game. Don't play. If you play. Learn the system and use it to your advantage. "Knowledge is power." "When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

The ball is in your court, what you gonna do? Are you gonna learn or are you gonna mope?

yes i understand how it is SUPPOSED to work but the reality is that it DOSENT work.  read every single post, everyone has the same issues not just me. 

[-GNG-]
Players
93 posts
8,169 battles

IF SPREADSHEET SAYS IT WORKS, IT WORKS._

The most awkward is that I can see a BB behind an island and it disappears in open seas. :fish_nerv:

Too bad I have no images to prove it but it happens.

So wg managed to put rng in what we can see in the game!!!!!!

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts

it just happend again this damn dd popped up 3km from me at pumped my ship with 15 torps,   and dissapeared again, stupid game

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts

worst hing is that you cant complain, cause WG is allways right and you are allways wrong, no matter what.  

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,586 posts
9 minutes ago, kenalb said:

it just happend again this damn dd popped up 3km from me at pumped my ship with 15 torps,   and dissapeared again, stupid game

7 minutes ago, kenalb said:

worst hing is that you cant complain, cause WG is allways right and you are allways wrong, no matter what.  

Yes, you are wrong on this one. And - obviously - you don’t have a replay of this battle?

Players
51 posts
4,449 battles
On 3/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, kenalb said:

schmikaze 

Made me laugh, really needed in these trying times, thank you.

Players
51 posts
4,449 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 7:26 PM, Hanse77SWE said:

The detect range blooms for 20 seconds after a ship has fired. After that it goes back to normal. If you are at a range that are between those two ranges then you will only see him for 20 seconds. Untill he fires again.

Unless you have your sights exactly on the target the zoom will "miss" it. Line up the sights exactly before you zoom in.

There are other things that do or did cause detection bloom like firing AA, having a fire. I don't know if the duration in all cases in 20 seconds. 

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
944 posts
14,495 battles
1 hour ago, Nebuched said:

There are other things that do or did cause detection bloom like firing AA, having a fire. I don't know if the duration in all cases in 20 seconds. 

AA has no "bloom". Any plane that is within you AA-range will see you if you AA is shooting. It doesn't need to bloom. You are already spotted by the planes you are shooting at so it won't increase your detect range. Fire is explained in the vid but IIRC it put +2 km on your detect range.

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts

ok lets us for agument sake say that the spotting works,  then please explain how to spot DD from a BB, i simply dont understand how a DD can be invisible at 3-5km in open sea, and my spotting plane cant even spot it, and i need to understand why ships disapear when i shoot at them and i hit nothing and then they reappear in the same spot just to dissapear when i shoot, why is that?  is it a pay to win feature? or what am i missing. 

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
263 posts
16,208 battles
8 hours ago, kenalb said:

or what am i missing. 

You are missing a reply file.

What you describe should be impossible if system works as it should.

Lot of other people have not reported similar problems.

In about 99% in such cases reply file will show the reason for the problem, and it is sitting between chair and keyboard.

In that 1 % reply file will verify that there is a real problem and give some indication what it might be.

So, as I said, you are missing a reply file (or video). 

That is the only way others can give you informed opinion. It might be smoke. It might be that 3km is not 3km, but 5,5km. It might be island blocking spotting points etc. We do not know, unless we see the whole situation.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

Lots of other people may not be reporting, but they do talk about it. It was eveen reported long time a go to WG, but they didnt do anything about it.

Same thing happens here too. When I aim at a ship, it's there  and when my guns are loaded, a split second before that, the ships is gone. If I shoot an other ships, the first ship is there again, etc ...

To me its a simple flaw in programming they want to avoid fixing.

Same thing as turning turrets: as long they are not turned you can see the ship, but as soon they are in place the ship is gone again ...

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
4,449 battles
On 3/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, OldDawg said:

Lots of other people may not be reporting, but they do talk about it. It was eveen reported long time a go to WG, but they didnt do anything about it.

Same thing happens here too. When I aim at a ship, it's there  and when my guns are loaded, a split second before that, the ships is gone. If I shoot an other ships, the first ship is there again, etc ...

To me its a simple flaw in programming they want to avoid fixing.

Same thing as turning turrets: as long they are not turned you can see the ship, but as soon they are in place the ship is gone again ...

Always turn your ship while turning your turrets and get that skill for faster turning asap. Also slow down to turn faster. 

[DDOS]
Players
86 posts
18 hours ago, Nebuched said:

Always turn your ship while turning your turrets and get that skill for faster turning asap. Also slow down to turn faster. 

thank you, but this i am quite good at at least with Bismarck and Tirpitz, still traning with Kurfurst though

• Cool 1

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

21 hours ago, Nebuched said:

You dont get the point do you ?

Players
51 posts
4,449 battles
On 3/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, OldDawg said:

You dont get the point do you ?

Maybe you should be more careful with your assumptions, and less negative...But good to see you starting to contribute on the forum even so.

• Cool 1

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

It's a fact, you don't get the point, what's wrong with that? I started a matter that there is something not working and many players have noticed the same thing, so what is to be care full? Am i not allowed here to share feelings about these issues?

What is there so negative about it ? A forum is for sharing concerns, and i don't use bad language, I dont call any one names, I'm not taunting, I just feel you dont get the point thats all.

At least you could ask what the underlaying problem might be and not give people the feeling we have to be silent, exept for empty chit chatting around, but if this is the way players help each other out here, I'm done.