Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MarktheMuffin

Naval Battles

14 comments in this topic

Players
57 posts

What are the game modes for navel battles, can they be done in all game modes, Coop, Random, Scenario, so on, or is there limitations, nothing is mentioned in the extended rules section regarding this, also the tier of ship is not mentioned either, I have been doing it with tier 5 and above due to the matchmaker starting at tier 5.

Can someone with more knowledge than I clarify the parameters allowed to do naval battles, thanks and fair sea's.

[J4XP2]
Players
57 posts
13,253 battles

You can use t4 as well - I know clanmates did some in CV at T4. I know it works in Random and ranked - no idea about other modes. Happy hunting.

Players
277 posts
6,062 battles

You can utilise Randon, Ranked and Co-Op battles of any available tier for Naval Battles.

The problem can be that some weeks damage levels are the requirement and some are difficult to achieve in lower tiers, although these last 2 weeks have been ribbons which are, usually, achievable across a wide range of tiers.

Always useful to play them on a Friday before the rest of your clan where you look really good by managing 10 out of 10 scoring performances, mind you most of the were only 30 or 75 ribbons!  :cap_horn:

Beta Tester
129 posts

im actually liking the Current 'for ribbons' Markers as they are do-able in Co-op ( unlike XP where anything but the first is almost impossible ) it does favor dakka ships ( Atlanta ) over harder hitting ones though, so some of the really low teir ships are competitive as they generally have faster firing guns and are good for farming hit ribbons on bots in co-op, and even the 75 isnt too hard to get in a tier 1 ship

A Rare +1 for WG

• Cool 1

Players
220 posts
11,902 battles

Maybe i should try this mode my clan is rather small this can be done with 3-4 players?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,254 posts
2 minutes ago, Onsterfelijke said:

this can be done with 3-4 players?

sure

Players
57 posts

Thanks to all for your info, we have only just started doing the naval battles, before we didn't bother and just played the game, so new to this side game.

2 hours ago, Onsterfelijke said:

Maybe i should try this mode my clan is rather small this can be done with 3-4 players?

We are a small unit as well, the last battle we won 14-13, but only just, went for the draw as we were 12-13 behind, I was on my last try and my buddy had three try's left so both of us went out in German cruisers, Nurnberg's, map 'twin brothers', Coop, we only had to get 75, low I know, but the coop matches this week along with other players just blowing everything up to quickly were not helping, my buddy got the 75 needed and then died, I was already well over the 75 and still playing, racking up the ribbons, at the end of the battle I had almost 200, which is over the 175 needed for the next star, that's what gave us the win :cap_rambo:, two stars in the same category.

Hope it stays as ribbons and not change back to XP, as Lilgoth has already given a rare +1, I will give them the medal for the +1 :Smile_medal:.

[KSNFE]
Players
29 posts

so it is not ribbons but base XP now to be collected?

this changes randomly from week to week or there was an announcement about changes?

[BBMM]
Players
6,110 posts
8,033 battles
12 minutes ago, Voen_Sveta said:

so it is not ribbons but base XP now to be collected?

this changes randomly from week to week or there was an announcement about changes?

This changes randomly. Depending on what it is, they'll be harder or whatever. 

Like, on BBs it is harder to score ribbons. Unless you have a Kürfurst with mega-secondaries.

The problem comes when the other clan has such a ship and your clan does not. 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, Onsterfelijke said:

You will be matched up against clans with a similar score/playerbase. 

Achievements will get you oil for your clan-base. 

If you win you get some extra oil, but even if you lose it's worth it. 

You do not have to do anything extra except look what is "achievable". 

For example, if it is ribbons, I take (RN CV) Ark Royal. Go fort lots of small HE-bomb hits, and rockets on BBs.

And for RN Cruiser you'll also get lots of hits (= ribbons). So take Minotaur. 

Do not take a heavy cruiser - that one you take when the requirement is damage or XP. 

The only thing, sometimes I have the feeling it is a "give me the worst MM" button.

Especially when it is XP - then you'll need a win... and weekends... oh boy... :Smile_hiding:

Players
5,028 posts

The rotating requirements make some weeks easier for some people, easier for some ships and so on. It also helps if you got multiple ships of multiple nations in as many classes as you can. Just remember.. if you take a break, switch the Naval Battles 'off' in case you forget that and accidentally waste a run next time you log in. :Smile_honoring:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,616 posts
42,650 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, Onsterfelijke said:

Absolutely, we are a 26 player clan but usually it is only 3 players that bothers with naval battles. So if you are 1-2 active it is certainly worthwhile but the problem for you might be the qualification, you prep monday to thursday and have to accumulate enough XP and as there is a limit of what you can contribute . You need 5-6 active players so try to make the clan a little larger. in the fight Friday to Sunday there is a MM so you will be pitted against similar clans resultswise.

You win maybe 21-2 in a row then you face a stronger clan and gets wiped down. Our clan are in the 15-25 pointbracket and over the monthgs this is a valuable source for oil, but again it is not the match that is a problem for you it is the qualification. Do not forget to toggle the button on /off when you play if you want the fight to count, you got only 10 attempts/player. So if you grind a certain ship it is advisable to switch it off after 2 battles. It is better to spread out the battles among several ships, the points system awards that.

[TACHA]
Players
1,447 posts
16,073 battles

Our clan started late but it seemed breed some esprit de corps and we have rapidly advanced to the top division. We have now lost a couple of matches but all seem to do their best and I would recommend it. Just need to get some interested in clan battles!

Players
220 posts
11,902 battles

Thank you for your comments! We are doing this and with 3 we make a big dent in the scores seems we are going to win our first battle!

With luck we can have the clan fully equiped soon. Normal we did just by containers but the battles are multiple times more then a year containers.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this