You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

New in akizuki! Lets discuss.

26 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,260 posts
10,868 battles

aki.thumb.png.4d1aeffdc5ec40b827b0b9946371f813.png

And it's awesome.

a droplet of water in a desert 

And there are several build possibilities in one ship.

• Cool 6

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,008 battles

Congrats and good luck with her. :)
Those cute little monsters are pretty fun.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
27 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

yeap, akizuki.

that's only a dakka dakka ship though :fish_glass:

• Funny 6

Players
2,960 posts
16,868 battles

Congrats with her. 

It's my favorite line to reset in the RB.

Extremely reliable carry potential, very good general purpose guns that can take down any ship.

Tier 8-10 are definitely the most fun little monsters in the game.

Beta Tester
4,920 posts
20,574 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

that's only a dakka dakka ship though :fish_glass:

right.. the real dakka dakka dakka is of course...

wait for it...

the Krispy Kreme!

^v^

[L4GG]
Players
3,260 posts
10,868 battles

This ship it's truly awesome 

I didn't feel this for a IJN ship since Kuma, in fact, Akizuki it's up there with Kuma, they are a love letter to us.

What do you think about this build?

aki2.thumb.png.d363291f04ba2de48e40a982dffc11d8.png

Please note I didn't make my mind about IFHE

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

I didn't feel this for a IJN ship since Kuma, in fact, Akizuki it's up there with Kuma, they are a love letter to us.

What do you think about this build?

aki2.thumb.png.d363291f04ba2de48e40a982dffc11d8.png

Please note I didn't make my mind about IFHE

Get camo instead RPF. While Akizuki and her knockoffs aren't "true" DDs, having camo to semi comfortably cap comes handy more often than it should be. Last points into SI and PM I guess, Akizukis do love smoke when no convenient island is available... which may or may not be their demise from torps.

Personally I'm disappointed with Harugumo, mostly because Daring exists and Kitakaze is a thing at tier lower. Yes, Harugumo can brutalize cruisers, no, she can't gtfo fast enough from smoke when sonar operator starts sweating. Also being limited to 3/4 normal smokes after playing so much with Brits feels like a handicap.

On IFHE, I start leaning towards ignoring it on CLs, as fire penalty is massive and when facing RU/US/Ger BB you don't get much in the way of benefits from it.

• Bad 1

Players
2,960 posts
16,868 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

CE is a must. Aki is slow as F and clunky too. Easy to permaspot for other DDs.

IFHE is also a must imo. Farm BBs and also deck plate of tier VIII-X cruisers for the price of 2% fire chance is very, very worth it. 

Recommend to forget RPF if you are used to playing DDs. Turret travese is fast enough you dont need it.

If you get a taste for farming BBs, AFT can be worth it, but personally i prefer max dakka with BFT + AR

This is what i use

image.thumb.png.b7020fb88a7793859452f5a48cabbcb9.png

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
3,260 posts
10,868 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Get camo instead RPF. While Akizuki and her knockoffs aren't "true" DDs, having camo to semi comfortably cap comes handy more often than it should be. Last points into SI and PM I guess, Akizukis do love smoke when no convenient island is available... which may or may not be their demise from torps.

Personally I'm disappointed with Harugumo, mostly because Daring exists and Kitakaze is a thing at tier lower. Yes, Harugumo can brutalize cruisers, no, she can't gtfo fast enough from smoke when sonar operator starts sweating. Also being limited to 3/4 normal smokes after playing so much with Brits feels like a handicap.

On IFHE, I start leaning towards ignoring it on CLs, as fire penalty is massive and when facing RU/US/Ger BB you don't get much in the way of benefits from it.

My train of thought but I'm inexperient in dds

Well, my actual concealment it's at 6.8 km with the module and camo, pretty much service from what I've seen. A gunships has always a worse concealment than it's prey, so the RPF will give me some feedback to where the closest ship is, if I'm in  a smoke or having some kind of feedback when or if I don't have anything more to use.

and 6.8 it's good enough against other classes.

I have SI in my actual build and I'm thinking of dropping it in favour of AR and BFT for the guns, to have a reload around about 2. something seconds. Focusing on the guns

I happily would have shorter range torps for longer smokes.

Brit smoke...nah, I don't get it.

Maybe, what may feel like a handicap it's not that excuse for smoke but the hydro? which can neutralize that 2.5 km detection from smoke while you don't have that option leaving you in a disadvantage and Daring can be equally nasty in gun power.

But there's a lot of things I can't test, one of them being  against hydro.

So, it's all pretty much in theory

I pump so much shells in a game that I simply don't miss the IFHE, I get 11 fires or about that number. LWM says to get it but she says to not get it if it's a torp boat, but against t9 or t10 the gains are null, so, I don't know. 

@GulvkluderGuld

What is your concealment?

I use RPF in many of my cruisers, I hunt them when and if I can , but  I never stay perma spotted but when a dd, I don't know......

This ship can have several builds, I'm still deciding.

Players
2,960 posts
16,868 battles
21 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

What is your concealment?

I use RPF in many of my cruisers, I hunt them when and if I can , but  I never stay perma spotted but when a dd, I don't know......

This ship can have several builds, I'm still deciding.

6.0-6.2, cant remember.

Sometimes you are the only DD on the team and will have to do the spotting and capping. Having the stealth helps with that.

Having RPF can probably substitute reasonably well.

But if you are force to play DD style, a Lightning, Cossack, Kagero are both faster and around 1-1,5 km stealthier than 6,8 km and can keep you spotted all game long, whatever you try to do to shake them, since they're also faster. Not a problem if top tier, granted, since you can simply kill whatever they're spotting you for. But if it's a Smolensk, or enough ships start throwing shells at Aki...it doesnt dodge very well.

If you decide to stick without CE i'll be curious how you deal with being the only DD.

My experience with Kleber/Khaba is that it isnt fun.

[L4GG]
Players
3,260 posts
10,868 battles
5 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

6.0-6.2, cant remember.

Sometimes you are the only DD on the team and will have to do the spotting and capping. Having the stealth helps with that.

Having RPF can probably substitute reasonably well.

But if you are force to play DD style, a Lightning, Cossack, Kagero are both faster and around 1-1,5 km stealthier than 6,8 km and can keep you spotted all game long, whatever you try to do to shake them, since they're also faster. Not a problem if top tier, granted, since you can simply kill whatever they're spotting you for. But if it's a Smolensk, or enough ships start throwing shells at Aki...it doesnt dodge very well.

If you decide to stick without CE i'll be curious how you deal with being the only DD.

My experience with Kleber/Khaba is that it isnt fun.

I can't answer that, yet. I'm still in testing but I'm aware there are things that will work differently in a real game.

the only time I was against a Smolensk I had to sink the other Akizuki then I was runned over by a teammate out of my own smoke.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,997 posts
10,811 battles

Hello OP,

Good for you, you'll love that line.

BTW, I've edited your title, just to find a reason not to close this announcement thread :P

Jokes aside, aki is a monster. Just don't over extend yourself.

oh and, always remember, it is a floating brick! does not like to turn so much..

but thats a good thing, it will prepare you for the harugumo!

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Brit smoke...nah, I don't get it.

7 quickly recharging smokes means you can spam them at your leisure. CV incoming? Smoke. Opportunity to pew pew? Smoke. Breaking off detection during gtfo? Smoke.

Yes, smoke last 40s, but that can be a positive - by time most torps arrive, smoke is gone so are you. Also you're not "locked" to one location as with normal smokes should enemies sail away of your gun range

And number of CV players aware of how brit smoke works can be counted with fingers on one hand

Beta Tester
1,926 posts
11,802 battles
14 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

yeap, akizuki.

Well, its one of the better ships to put Yamamoto in to trigger his special talents. Gotten both First blood and the Kraken triggers in so many games with her.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,718 posts
13 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

CE is a must. Aki is slow as F and clunky too. Easy to permaspot for other DDs.

IFHE is also a must imo. Farm BBs and also deck plate of tier VIII-X cruisers for the price of 2% fire chance is very, very worth it. 

Recommend to forget RPF if you are used to playing DDs. Turret travese is fast enough you dont need it.

If you get a taste for farming BBs, AFT can be worth it, but personally i prefer max dakka with BFT + AR

This is what i use

image.thumb.png.b7020fb88a7793859452f5a48cabbcb9.png

:cap_like:IMO best build, allows for some cap presence and still can punish BBs hard when in range which is decent, those that want to farm BBs predominantly can swich CE for AFT

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,008 battles

Note that DE is a viable alternative for BFT especially after the IFHE changes. That being said I prefer the extra DPM BFT awards over some more DOT as well.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,122 posts
21,784 battles
15 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Well, my actual concealment it's at 6.8 km with the module and camo, pretty much service from what I've seen.

Until you run into a Harugumo. :fish_boom: CE is highly recommended for Aki and Kitakaze. I play without IFHE and it works quite well for me, remember you have a '2' key. No superintendent, I have BFT + AFT. 15 km of dakka against BigBoats, enough time to dodge their shells.

This build works for me, ymmv. There is a lot of viable builds for this ship.