You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
captainjohnnyrotten

Long time WOWS player through Steam loading to new computer.

2 comments in this topic

Question

[TTP]
Players
9 posts
6,385 battles

I'v been playing Wows through Steam for over a year. I just bought a new computer and loaded Steam then I loaded the newest version of World of Warships as of March 21st and validated files. Problem is when I start wows, I get a select a region screen, NA,EU, and so on. I've played on the EU server the whole time I have played WOWS. I see that my hours and doubloons are correct but I do not want to select a region for I might lose my account. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Stay Healthy

1 answer to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,598 posts
13,973 battles
8 hours ago, captainjohnnyrotten said:

I'v been playing Wows through Steam for over a year. I just bought a new computer and loaded Steam then I loaded the newest version of World of Warships as of March 21st and validated files. Problem is when I start wows, I get a select a region screen, NA,EU, and so on. I've played on the EU server the whole time I have played WOWS. I see that my hours and doubloons are correct but I do not want to select a region for I might lose my account. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Stay Healthy

The different regions require separate logins, if you choose a different region and try to log in it will just fail.

There are a lot of players who have multiple instances of WoWS installed because they play on multiple regions for time zone reasons, you have no risk of losing your account by selecting a different region in the client. The region of your account is already set and cannot be changed (on purpose or accidentally), all that matters now is that you install the game client itself for the region that corresponds to your account, so that you are trying to log in to the correct server (otherwise, as I mentioned above, it will just fail).

Just to be sure, can you show us what screen is asking you to select a region? The only one that comes to my head is the pre-installation one;

image.thumb.png.4a6b4aa7f27a2832940d336d7c50c1b6.png