You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kokos78

Fps drop / Lag Spikes

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

Ahoy scurvy dogs,

it seems the new patch it's too heavy for my toaster. Massive fps drops especially while i'm firing and I mean to the point it's not playble (5fps). My setup is Q8400, 6gb Ram, ATI 5770. I also have pretty much lag but I suspect this is normal since many testers must have came back yesterday to check the new patch. Anyone else is having the same issues?

I forgot to mention that before the patch everything was quite smooth (solid 40fps).

I'm not really complaining cause I like the new patch very much. i just hope there will be some optimization for us poor fellas running on toasters.

Edit* 

Problem Solved thnx to this Hotfix

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/14698-official-hotfix-for-freezelag-problem/page__gopid__268426#entry268426

It works like a charm thnx Vulgarny

Edited by Kokos78

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Ahoy scurvy dogs,

it seems the new patch it's too heavy for my toaster. Massive fps drops especially while i'm firing and I mean to the point it's not playble (5fps). My setup is Q8400, 6gb Ram, ATI 5770. I also have pretty much lag but I suspect this is normal since many testers must have came back yesterday to check the new patch. Anyone else is having the same issues?

Did you install the newest drivers for your ATI 5770?

Certain times, when the most people are online, you can experience some high pings/lag spikes.

Wargaming has only 1 server for the EU available, so at busy times, this can cause some problems with stable pings and more....

:honoring:

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

Did you install the newest drivers for your ATI 5770?

Certain times, when the most people are online, you can experience some high pings/lag spikes.

Wargaming has only 1 server for the EU available, so at busy times, this can cause some problems with stable pings and more....

I haven't checked for new drivers yet though I'm sure that I'm doomed anyway at least untill there's some optimization.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I haven't checked for new drivers yet though I'm sure that I'm doomed anyway at least untill there's some optimization.

Before giving up the game, first try to check for new GPU Drivers.

Also changing the graphics settings (ingame) can improve things.

Good luck. :honoring:

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

5770 is a good card but a bit old so drop a few settings down like AA and particles and such. And as said make sure you have the proper drivers for that card.

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

Before giving up the game, first try to check for new GPU Drivers.

Also changing the graphics settings (ingame) can improve things.

Good luck. :honoring:

I'll check for new drivers when I go back home but as I said I'm afraid that's nopt the answer. I changed the settings from medium to low with the same results. I think the problem is the CPU as this is what reaches 100% while I have teh fps drops. Thnx for the help though matey.

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

5770 is a good card but a bit old so drop a few settings down like AA and particles and such. And as said make sure you have the proper drivers for that card.

I tried that already mate, droped everything to rock bottom and still had the same performance. I'm afraid it's the CPU 

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I'll check for new drivers when I go back home but as I said I'm afraid that's nopt the answer. I changed the settings from medium to low with the same results. I think the problem is the CPU as this is what reaches 100% while I have teh fps drops. Thnx for the help though matey.

Do you have more than 1 program running while you are playing World of Warships?

- Try disabling unnessecary services that are running in the background

- Do a virusscan / spywarescan

- Disable virusscanner when gaming (realtime check)

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

I tried that already mate, droped everything to rock bottom and still had the same performance. I'm afraid it's the CPU 

Defrag time. Your rig should be able to play the game on all low settings easily. Make sure the HDD is cleaned and then defrag it thoroughly.

Also do a full virus and trojan sweep. There is a known "bit-coin" trojan doing the rounds that hijacks GPU's to mine bit-coins and knackers graphics card performance when gaming. Which also happens to be prevalent for WG games and "special offers" from 3rd party sites.

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

I formatted my PC now it has only Windows, drivers and WoWs running. But my problems persist. Dropping to 5 fps and entering battle 30 secs or a minute after it started. Before the update I was playing just fine 40fps average and no spikes at medium graphic settings, so it must be something with the update. I hope it will be fixed soon.

[RDD]
Beta Tester
3 posts
3,595 battles

I have the same issues while running somewhat the same system specs.. it came after the update though it was gritty at times before that

Edited by MindZtorm

Beta Tester
2 posts
170 battles

I'm getting the same issues myself. I'm running an A10 770K, with no graphics card atm, I didn't have any problems until the new update. Fps fluctuates ridiculously, and loading into game after about 30-60s after battle has started. Pc is maintained regularly, and all graphics drivers are up to date. 1 second i'll be running at 60fps and the next it will go as low as 15. 

[BWOLF]
Beta Tester
1 post
5,078 battles

I have the same problem as mentioned above and something comun as i can see...an ATI 5770 video card. Soo i think that the problem could be the poor optimization on the series 5  and below ATI video cards. I state that before the last major update i had consistent 40-50 fps without lag spikes.

Beta Tester
87 posts
4,224 battles

At last, more ppl having issues with the latest patch. I was going crazy wondering why I was the only one with fps drop problems. I havent checked todays patch yet I hope it includes some optimization cause the game at the current state is unplayable.

[-TFD-]
Beta Tester
2 posts
3,373 battles

i have little lags like when try turning your schip it jumps certain meters en my pc is a 

Intel.i5 4400 3.20 quadcore and a nividea Geforce GTX 750

Players
1 post
277 battles

Hi,

I have a GTX970 and about every 3 seconds my Frames drop from 75 Capped to 16FPS. I have the latest driver and the Problem started when i installed it. GPU/CPU/RAM/VRAM aren't even near the limit. Do you have any idea why i have these framedrops?

Players
3 posts
751 battles

Hi , i have 760 and i was running 60 fps no problem on 18.08 and the next day it runs on 20-30 fps and droping to 5 fps realy bad and the red dot is clicking ( presence of skipes i think ) , did wg make any changes ?

Thanks.

[PEEDZ]
Players
284 posts
5,366 battles

Hi , i have 760 and i was running 60 fps no problem on 18.08 and the next day it runs on 20-30 fps and droping to 5 fps realy bad and the red dot is clicking ( presence of skipes i think ) , did wg make any changes ?

Thanks.

I get the exact same issues man get steady 60 fps then bam get hit down to 10 fps for spikes of time sooo bad -_-

[BNBS]
Players
371 posts

100s of people are complaining about this.  My own observations are 30-35K people on server it's become unplayable for me, 25-30K people on server, playable but still regular lag spikes, less than 25K people on server, playable and hardly a lag spike.  Draw your own conclusions.

Players
3 posts
751 battles

In my situation maybe is a server issue because this problem is present in wot as well so idk , this is very weird , never happend to me.

Did u guys have any solutions ?

Beta Tester
18 posts
7,331 battles

bump

I am also experiancing serious fps drops, from solid 58 down to 20ish and at some points even to 1-9 fps and then back up again.

Along with the FPS drops comes a stuttering/tearing audio.

My system specs. (gaming laptop from Gigabyte P55W v4)

Intel i7-5700HQ (5:th gen)

8GB DDR 3 of ram

Geforce GTX 970m (3GB VRAM DDR5)

with the game installed on a 128GB SSD

I think i have done almost all in my power to try and get down with this problem.

latest drivers installed on both Realtek and Geforce.

(i have tried different Geforce drivers using DDU ofc)

Updated Bios.

i have fibbled with the ingame GFX and sound settings without success of stablizing the game.

i have bought and installed a new Asus xonar U7 external soundcard with no success of fixing the audio/fps lag

i have bought and installed a new netgear R7000 nighthawk router without success of fixing lag/fps drops/audio stutter

(tried both wired and wireless)

(I am running a 250mbit down and 10 up line)

i have tried different DNS servers (googles public one helps a little)

i have tried fibbling with different power settings (performance/quality etc) without success

i am going to try and install an extra 8gb of ram if that dosnt help i am going to try and update to win 10 and see if DirectX 12 helps after that... i am out of options :/

/M

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
179 battles

If so many people with so different systems have the same problem, my best guess is there's something wrong with the client. I have a rig with six cores around 4ghz, high speed ssds, oc:d 780 etc. plus recently wiped my Windows and reinstalled it from scratch and stable land line and unless the game runs graphics from the server there is no way server traffic affects the fps. My regular rates are around 60-70fps but like last night it drops constantly to 1-4fps and then back to 60-70fps even without lag. It would make sense if it was just some systems like GF vs. Ati or Intel vs. AMD but now I'm afraid there's not much anyone else but devs can do to help :(