Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Edwards

Bonus Signal Flag Boxes, erm wut?

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

So I have a few of the new achievements and got some signals (nice!). However what I am I supposed to do with the bonus box when I get one? I have had 3, and I opened the first one and it basically did nothing. Didn't get any extra signals, and the box was wasted. But I noticed my signals actually stack when earned.

So whats going on? Is the box only usefull if you have none left? What's the point of that? Plus why don't they stay on the main menu? If I have bonus boxes why do they vanish?

Or have I missed something obvious?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

I don't get it either.  I also don't see how to resupply them with credits.  My guess is that it's not fully implemented yet, but still waiting for an official response.

Beta Tester
19 posts
789 battles

The description says you earn it every 24h. My observation is that the box appears but you dont get any more flags until 24h have passed. Will have to test it today since its not 24h yet from the patch ;)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I don't think you can buy them for credits yet. I think you can only resupply if you got spares.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I guess the new flags addition does not work like it is intended. :(

We cannot test something that does not work... :sceptic:

Weekend Tester
49 posts
6,424 battles

Go to the appearance tab of your ship, you can see your flags there.

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

Jingles gives an explanation here:

at 11:08.

This excuses me from working in the salt mines...................

Go to the appearance tab of your ship, you can see your flags there.

I know what the signal flags are for and how to attach them. That is not what this thread is about. This is about the daily BONUS box attained with an achievement. The box offers a selection of signal flags, but you cannot collect them.
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Whu?

It automatically adds them to your total flags, or it should do at least... As for resupplying with credits? Yeah, that was a bad mis-translation/ understanding as far as i'm aware. The only way to obtain them is through achievements (and they're 1-use only). Yes, the bonuses to stack on top with all your other bonuses (which also all stack).

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

I hope they don't add them for credits, as it will be bad for new players

Weekend Tester
85 posts
6 battles

I hope they don't add them for credits, as it will be bad for new players

Why would it be ? in OBT , you'll get everything wiped anyways, plus credit end exp income will be nerfed to hell. So I don't see why once unlocked, why couldn't they be resupplied for credits. They could be also give extras for free if you get the achievment again.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

Because when the game goes live, only experienced players will have enough silver to buy these things at low tier. New players will not have enough to mount equipment, let alone signal flags. And it's a nice mechanic to have something visual that can only be earned.

EDIT: TO clarify, I'm thinking in general, not just after release

Edited by Vogel

Weekend Tester
85 posts
6 battles

Because when the game goes live, only experienced players will have enough silver to buy these things at low tier. New players will not have enough to mount equipment, let alone signal flags. And it's a nice mechanic to have something visual that can only be earned.

EDIT: TO clarify, I'm thinking in general, not just after release

You'd still have to earn it first, otherwise you can't put them on. And since you took this point of view, how long do you think it'll take for inexperienced players to actually earn these ? about 50% of them will be happy to get one till tier 3-4 , while CAT , CBT people will probably have them right at the "start" ... so I don't think it would make that much difference at all.

Beta Tester
160 posts
1,826 battles

I don't think you have to actually open the box. The contents of the box automatically gets added to your stack of flags, at least that's what I've found so far.

What was weirder, however, is that the boxes don't seem to appear after the battle where you win them, but the ones after that. Also, the limit of one type of reward per 24h is a bit too restrictive imo, especially for those rewards that give ONE flag (like First Blood).

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

I don't get it either.  I also don't see how to resupply them with credits.  My guess is that it's not fully implemented yet, but still waiting for an official response.

if you check the autoresuply help button it will tell u that once there are no signals left they will be bought...if you have the cash...Dunno how expensive they are yet I still have some lft in the depot...

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

if you check the autoresuply help button it will tell u that once there are no signals left they will be bought...if you have the cash...Dunno how expensive they are yet I still have some lft in the depot...

It doesn't.  It tries and gives you a popup saying they couldn't be bought.  I have 9 million credits, so I doubt it was that they're too expensive.

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

It doesn't.  It tries and gives you a popup saying they couldn't be bought.  I have 9 million credits, so I doubt it was that they're too expensive.

then yeah..probably not fully implemented...dunno yet I have to run out on them...

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

You'd still have to earn it first, otherwise you can't put them on. And since you took this point of view, how long do you think it'll take for inexperienced players to actually earn these ? about 50% of them will be happy to get one till tier 3-4 , while CAT , CBT people will probably have them right at the "start" ... so I don't think it would make that much difference at all.

They are achievments, you are supposed to earn them if you are good, not to buy them.

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

They are achievments, you are supposed to earn them if you are good, not to buy them.

read the help by cliking the "?" icon next to autoresuply in the exterior tab

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

read the help by cliking the "?" icon next to autoresuply in the exterior tab

It would be better if you read some previous posts...1 of the skill descriptions says there is anti-torp guns, but they are not even planned :)

Whu?

It automatically adds them to your total flags, or it should do at least... As for resupplying with credits? Yeah, that was a bad mis-translation/ understanding as far as i'm aware. The only way to obtain them is through achievements (and they're 1-use only). Yes, the bonuses to stack on top with all your other bonuses (which also all stack).

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

It would be better if you read some previous posts...1 of the skill descriptions says there is anti-torp guns, but they are not even planned :)

I just meant that things are confusing now...on the other hand they said that they are buyable..atleast some of them...check the profile tab under service record...the second paragraph...

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

Whu?

Nope. It does nothing for me. I get the achievement and get a reward for that automatically. It gives me a bonus box. But opening the box does jack. All it says is "these flags are already available for selection" or similar and when I click it, it takes me to the flag menu and thats it. It wont add to the stack.

For instance I got "first blood" and got a single "Zulu" flag added. I opened the bonus box and selected another "zulu" flag and..........nada. No extra flag, box vanishes, waste of time.

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

Nope. It does nothing for me. I get the achievement and get a reward for that automatically. It gives me a bonus box. But opening the box does jack. All it says is "these flags are already available for selection" or similar and when I click it, it takes me to the flag menu and thats it. It wont add to the stack.

For instance I got "first blood" and got a single "Zulu" flag added. I opened the bonus box and selected another "zulu" flag and..........nada. No extra flag, box vanishes, waste of time.

Aren't they once per day?

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

View PostLance1978, on 15 May 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Aren't they once per day?

Boxes, yes. But as I said I did multiple achievements so I got more than one box to open.

Anyone?

No-one actually checked this to see the issue? Did no-one actually keep track of the signal flags they had?

Yep its borked. Double checked it just now. You get nothing from the boxes whatsoever.

Sign in to follow this