Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Russian battleship accuracy pattern

17 comments in this topic

Players
1,121 posts
12,795 battles

In order to make RU BBs work as intended, namely strong close combat brawlers, i suggest that they should get the german battleship accuracy & dispersion as before the ellipse buff. 
With of course the lower sigma for RU BBs that they inherently have. 
This way, the RU BBs will actually lose their sniping capability over 12km, or at least nearly all of it. 

Grtz I_Y

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
12,526 battles

How about NO! And some of the soviet battleship get bad/troll dispersion even at sub 10km ranges(sov.soyuz,vladivostok,kremlin) Just try to adjust them individually.

Also do you thing that kremlin is the OP battleship of the line or the sinop)))??? GAGNGUT is almost impossible to kill if the commander is a unicum and has a 19 points commander slap on it(kuznetzov to make it even worse) in fact only drive-bys or torpedoes can deal with that thing. Cruisers have no hope, HE shatter everywhere, fires can be managed easily thanks to the faster damage control and has also a very very small superstructure( which by they way some of those parts are covered in 120/250mm of armor) And the bow...oh boy even most battleships HE will shatter, some even using IFHE, Dont even thing of overmatch it cause that wont happen.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,260 posts
13,395 battles

I think they are getting close to sorting out the long range sniping of these ships, Kremlin may need one more small nerf but we’re getting there. 

[SKRUB]
Players
560 posts
22,124 battles
2 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

In order to make RU BBs work as intended, namely strong close combat brawlers, i suggest that they should get the german battleship accuracy & dispersion as before the ellipse buff. 

RU BB strong at close combat ?

Yeah maybe first try to understand, why they shouldn't be play at close range...

• Bad 1

Players
1,121 posts
12,795 battles
49 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

RU BB strong at close combat ?

Yeah maybe first try to understand, why they shouldn't be play at close range...

...... Except the whole concept was that they would be strong only at close range.

WGs idea, not mine.

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
560 posts
22,124 battles
15 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

...... Except the whole concept was that they would be strong only at close range.

WGs idea, not mine.

Did you put the word "only" on purpose ? 

Like it's not because you put word in the mouth of someone, that will be true at the end right ? :/

So yeah, it look like for me, it's more your idea...

Should i explain why it's a bad idea ?

• Bad 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,260 posts
13,395 battles
4 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

Did you put the word "only" on purpose ? 

Like it's not because you put word in the mouth of someone, that will be true at the end right ? :/

So yeah, it look like for me, it's more your idea...

Should i explain why it's a bad idea ?

Not his idea

Source:https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-084-soviet-battleships/

• Good firing accuracy at medium range (at long range, however, the shell dispersion ellipse will be noticeably larger compared with other ships of the same type).
  •  
  • Cool 2

Players
1,121 posts
12,795 battles
11 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

How about NO! And some of the soviet battleship get bad/troll dispersion even at sub 10km ranges(sov.soyuz,vladivostok,kremlin) Just try to adjust them individually.

Also do you thing that kremlin is the OP battleship of the line or the sinop)))??? GAGNGUT is almost impossible to kill if the commander is a unicum and has a 19 points commander slap on it(kuznetzov to make it even worse) in fact only drive-bys or torpedoes can deal with that thing. Cruisers have no hope, HE shatter everywhere, fires can be managed easily thanks to the faster damage control and has also a very very small superstructure( which by they way some of those parts are covered in 120/250mm of armor) And the bow...oh boy even most battleships HE will shatter, some even using IFHE, Dont even thing of overmatch it cause that wont happen.

Many of the RU BBs are close to brokenly OP. Not only Kremlin, but Soyuz, Vadivostok, Sinop and Izmail. Thats exactly why im talking about RU bbs in general. I dont know too well about the lower tiers tbh. 

The only proper counter to RU BBs is RU BBs and thats quite shitty imo

• Cool 3

Players
1,121 posts
12,795 battles
11 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

Let me clarify btw, i know they sometimes have wonky dispersion. Imo it should just be consistently poor at long range, and better at low range. Currently thats not the case, RU BBs can snipe far too well for how theyre intended

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
560 posts
22,124 battles
2 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Imo it should just be consistently poor at long range, and better at low range.

So why don't you ask instead to lower gun range ?

Like what will be the purpose to be able to shoot at that range, when you are unable to hit anything ?

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles

Can't speak about T7+ as I am at Izmael (haven't played the ships because of the whole RU BB OP uproar when they were released but playing her in Div as I am almost out of new T6s to play), but Izmael is fokking powerful for it's tier. I don't even have to try for dev strikes anymore. It's just point ant click and the other ship loses 75%-100% of their ship's health if the broadside under 12 km. That shell grouping and spread it just perfect. And that with 12 turrets. The only T6 BB coming close to something like that is Fuso, but even she has to work with way more RNG than Izmael. Even at T7 there is no BB not wearing a Russian flag apart from maybe Lyon that can do what Izmael can do.

If this stays the same across the higher tiers and including the 30 sec turret traverse of the high tiers, I can imagine people asking for nerfs xD Cause RNG is tge name of the game, except for Izmael up till now  :)

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
281 posts
6,940 battles

All the RU BBs are pretty powerful and their dispersion at range is indeed better than it should be.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,188 posts
28 minutes ago, Zieten said:

All the RU BBs are pretty powerful and their dispersion at range is indeed better than it should be.

WHAT!?! You heathen, dont you know WG has ANTI RUSSIAN bias... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[P7S]
Players
194 posts
53 minutes ago, Zieten said:

On RU forum people tested the accuracy of BBs, they were shooting (many times for statistical significance) at a stationary DD from various ranges. This way they obtained the true 'accuracy curve', that means the one that matters - how often you will hit the target. Guess what, at T10 Kremlin was by far the most accurate one AT ALL RANGES up to Kremlin's max range, its accuracy curve was above all others including Yamato. Maybe someone can dig up these results.

It is not even about the accuracy. Ru BBs were designed to be OP from scratch. As we know, BBs have some very strong points (survivability and alpha damage) counter-weighted by some weaknesses - poor accuracy (RNG), vulnerability to HE, fires and CVs. This is needed so that BBs aren't too strong and too 'comfortable to play'. There is a reason why on forums these topics appear repeatedly from BB mains: "HE too strong", "nerf fires", "CV can drop three times on my Kurfurst", etc...

And somehow RU BBs were designed to be better and more comfortable to play, they have the best accuracy, by far the highest resistance to HE (which is simply crazy, HE salvos that inflict 4-6 k damage on high tier German, Japanese, UK, French or US BBs can often do ZERO to RU BBs), they have rapid repair party to put down fires whenever they choose to (is it really counter balanced by finite number of charges?), and many of them have ridiculous AA (Kremlin was the best AA platform in the game, Ismail has AA at tier 6 that would be still OK at T8 and is even comparable with some T9 BBs...*).

RU BB line is designed without the inherent weaknesses of this class. They are like wet dream of BB mains.

________

* I kid you not, compare total DPS of AA (long + medium + short):

Izmail (T6)   63 + 301 + 77 = 441

Tirpitz (T8)  172 + 39 + 189 = 400

Amagi (T8)  105 + 0 + 305 = 410

Izumo (T9)  151 + 0 + 291 = 442

Sure, these examples here are (relative to their tiers) weak AA platforms, but come on...

• Cool 4

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,161 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, Vbeest said:

Maybe someone can dig up these results.

Here you go:

image.thumb.png.7dac989e5b5f5e755c6c404520155e6b.png

Slava is on top, followed by 457 Conqueror (which is unobtainable), Thunderer and then the inaccurate-at-long-range Kremlin.

Note that this is prior to Kremlin's 0,1 sigma nerf which I suppose should bring her more in line with the rest, but you only need to compare her long-range stats to Grosser Kurfürst to realise that she is still a bit too accurate (unless WG altered other stats as well).

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this