You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arcticstorm123

Team Killing Bots?

22 comments in this topic

Players
267 posts
11,403 battles

Ok so just played a game in Co Op, just 3 humans in my team, then this happened!

Someone needs to have a serious word with these bots about good behaviour!

team-killing bots.png

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,303 posts
5,722 battles

I've seen it happen more times than I'd care to count.

Pretty funny actually, as long as the bots are on the other team and not on the player team.

Players
267 posts
11,403 battles

OK, this is now a problem, sailed past a friendly Podvoisky and it launched full salvo. not funny at all

team-killing bots-2.png

Point is these were ALL friendly (supposedly)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NECRO]
Players
1,946 posts
Vor 9 Stunden, arcticstorm123 sagte:

OK, this is now a problem, sailed past a friendly Podvoisky and it launched full salvo. not funny at all

team-killing bots-2.png

As the amount of players who shoot/torp you with purpose grows, so does the amout of presumed "allied" bots who imitate such grief play.

Players
931 posts
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

As the amount of players who shoot/torp you with purpose grows, so does the amout of presumed "allied" bots who imitate such grief play.

They're adapting.

The moment anyone sees :Skynet: in a game, humanity is doomed...

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
18,430 battles
Vor 12 Stunden, arcticstorm123 sagte:

team-killing bots-2.png

Feel free to create a support ticket and send the replay file to WG.

This is a rather old problem.

Players
95 posts
8,123 battles
13 hours ago, arcticstorm123 said:

team-killing bots-2.png

Welcome to my world,  Need to complete a mission/directive put flags, camo on.  Start battle, and OH ffs

• Funny 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I was in a cv,  working on the mission with torps hits, and a bot bb ( co-op game) sail all the way from 10 km ( I was in a Furios, the bot was a Bismark) and the fraking bot at over 50%hp sail full speed right on my stationary cv ;

He was dead on to ram me, for sure; I do not move an inch in last 5 minutes, he could gun me down easy, but he chose instead to ram.

Seems to me the bots scripts on co-op are bugged more than ever, TK is almost all games in co-op, and now I try to avoid bots near me since I know they will go for ram, even against any logic or common sense.

Players
931 posts
29 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

I was in a cv,  working on the mission with torps hits, and a bot bb ( co-op game) sail all the way from 10 km ( I was in a Furios, the bot was a Bismark) and the fraking bot at over 50%hp sail full speed right on my stationary cv ;

He was dead on to ram me, for sure; I do not move an inch in last 5 minutes, he could gun me down easy, but he chose instead to ram.

Seems to me the bots scripts on co-op are bugged more than ever, TK is almost all games in co-op, and now I try to avoid bots near me since I know they will go for ram, even against any logic or common sense.

The thing is, the bots' aim (especially battleships, naturally) is awful. The bot was probably trying to shoot you the whole time but couldn't land a hit...

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
8 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

The thing is, the bots' aim (especially battleships, naturally) is awful. The bot was probably trying to shoot you the whole time but couldn't land a hit...

tell that to Missou or Izumo bots on Ops, who both aim & land dev strikes from 18 km sometimes, a lot better than most players ! 

Beta Tester
2,811 posts
7,251 battles

The amount of times i had bot's nuke eachother is more than i can count, only thing that gets me pink in coop (many times) is when i have a "friendly" bot torp me, naturally i nuke it..... I know theyr Ai and all but as a whise man once sayd "ima Ai my foot up you'r miscoded a$$" 

:Smile_smile:

Players
931 posts
5 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

tell that to Missou or Izumo bots on Ops, who both aim & land dev strikes from 18 km sometimes, a lot better than most players ! 

Yep, because those are Operations bots; they're on an appreciably higher level of AI skill than the Co-op botatoes. Just watched one AI bot torp another (fortunately they were red team) in the Co-op game I just played...

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
18 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Yep, because those are Operations bots; they're on an appreciably higher level of AI skill than the Co-op botatoes. Just watched one AI bot torp another (fortunately they were red team) in the Co-op game I just played...

So, we agree the WG devs are 2 lazy to copy/paste the Ops bots behavior and put them at work on co-op ....

• Funny 1

Players
2,367 posts
14,337 battles
35 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

So, we agree the WG devs are 2 lazy to copy/paste the Ops bots behavior and put them at work on co-op ....

It's not that easy, when they put smarter bots in coop players from NA server mostly started to cry that bots are too strong and hard to outplay:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

Players
931 posts
36 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Actually...

1 minute ago, DariusJacek said:

It's not that easy, when they put smarter bots in coop players from NA server mostly started to cry that bots are too strong and hard to outplay:Smile_facepalm:

Yep, that fits with the impression that I had, namely (at least, WG feels) that a sizeable part of the Co-op playerbase wouldn't be able to handle the increased challenge.

• Cool 2

Players
931 posts
14 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Looking at so many posts of players asking exactly for that (more competitive bots in co-op, since they get deleted so fast...) ... that's a bit of funny. 

Ain't it? Personally I'd just remove the zero-point mercykill victory rule from co-op, I don't think changing the bot AI would be the most useful solution. Then again, harder AI might persuade WG to up the standard level of rewards for a co-op match, which would be a fine thing...

• Cool 1