Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aetius85

Manual secondaries skill for t6 and below

36 comments in this topic

[BATES]
Players
937 posts
12,233 battles

I love the secondaries build but would like to know your opinion about the manual skill for t6 and below. The bonus is very bad (only 15%) so I think this is a totally useless skill to be used only from t7 and up, what do you think?

[SHAFT]
Players
11,760 posts
9,748 battles

In general yes, on the other hand, i think manual secondaries need a rework in general.

Only one side of the secondaries can fire, which is bad imo. The other side should fire without the bonus. And if i dont select a target, the secondaries should fire automatically without the bonus aswell.

• Cool 24

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,528 battles
12 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

In general yes, on the other hand, i think manual secondaries need a rework in general.

Only one side of the secondaries can fire, which is bad imo. The other side should fire without the bonus. And if i dont select a target, the secondaries should fire automatically without the bonus aswell.

i think it's kind of a balanSing reason? i mean, if u're on a sec build close in, awareness is all. atm non sec ships tell u actively by firing when a ship pops up within their range. on sec builds this auto-warning could go up to quite some range as well. brawling now means situational awareness.

brawling with secs opening up anyways on up to 12.1(repup?) def'o takes out a part of that factor, doesn't it?

on the other hand i gotta agree. always found the design rather poor in that regard. it's one of the few systems they not really did touch once since launch.

16 minutes ago, Aetius85 said:

I love the secondaries build but would like to know your opinion about the manual skill for t6 and below. The bonus is very bad (only 15%) so I think this is a totally useless skill to be used only from t7 and up, what do you think?

not really tried it yet once, but i do run a sec build on a t6 bb with like 7.6km sec range.

question is if u can sport a ship that u can push onto a secrange u do have closer encounters in the referred tier on. so, f.e. in t7 on my berman bb's i only can go up to like 7.8(?!)km max. for fighting t9's: not worth it. on the other hand if u can get a t5 to like 6.x+km it might be worth a try depending on weaponary.

most important though is possible max range imo.

edit:

gotta admit though with recent changes i did built my scharnhorst 4 secs again :cap_haloween:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,760 posts
9,748 battles
12 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

i think it's kind of a balanSing reason? i mean, if u're on a sec build close in, awareness is all. atm non sec ships tell u actively by firing when a ship pops up within their range. on sec builds this auto-warning got quite some range as well. brawling now means situational awareness. 

brawling with secs opening up anyways on up to 12.1(repup?) def'o takes out a part of that factor, doesn't it?

on the other hand i gotta agree. always found the design rather poor in that regard. it's one of the few systems they not really did touch once since launch.

I read that several times, im still not 100% sure what you wanted to say :cap_haloween:

I think you meant, that i should need awareness, in case a ship enters my secondaries so i have to click on it? Well, i would agree, but this skill needs 4 points to work, i dont think it would be bad, if it would work without setting a priority target. I dont play secondary ships that often, so i sometimes forget to select a target too. Can happen when im brawling, and the target dies so i forget to select another.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,528 battles
36 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I read that several times, im still not 100% sure what you wanted to say :cap_haloween:

I think you meant, that i should need awareness, in case a ship enters my secondaries so i have to click on it? Well, i would agree, but this skill needs 4 points to work, i dont think it would be bad, if it would work without setting a priority target. I dont play secondary ships that often, so i sometimes forget to select a target too. Can happen when im brawling, and the target dies so i forget to select another.

well sorry.... (ultimate excuse11!1!!!1!): i'm german :Smile_glasses::Smile_trollface:....

i meant to say that atm one needs own situational awareness in brawling situations close up. excatly to click the target u want to set the secs on :Smile_honoring:. in doubt these situations are that heated and close up, like within 5km, that one really needs to have that personal awareness to realize if another player joins the brawl all of a sudden so to say.

that dd rushing around the island while u're totally focussed on that bb 5km's away would get highlighted by ur secs right away without any need of personal situational awareness. on up to 12.1km's in repups case. that's what i wanted to say.... maaaaybe... better to understand :Smile_hiding:

edit:

then ur personal situational awareness might would need some shape :Smile_trollface::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:... i could live with such a buff. but that it would be. with might the need to readjust and mess up something again *sigh*

dupaedit:

on top nothing would hinder one from taking a far more off target for better dispersion and the closer one unmarked coz dispersion close isnt that important anyway... i'd love it :cap_haloween:

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
1 hour ago, Aetius85 said:

Depends on the bote, my Warspite has full man sec build and it demolishes DD’s, makes cruisers weary and starts fires on other BBs, in a 1 vs 1 it makes all the difference.

Beta Tester
290 posts

Might not be of much use at low tiers, but a secondary Mikasa build is very fun imo. Targets just melt if you get close enough. Take her out for a spin every now and then for fun.

Players
194 posts
10,747 battles

Which ships really can make use of manual secondaries? The only really good ships for that are Bismarck and Tirpitz.

With FdG you get in these high tier matches with 95% of the whiteline campers from the community so that you get far too little use out of it.

With GKUR I only would use it, because of certain new BBs that are adjusted to the stats without double standards in the same tier being a far superior huge BB to slug it out at ranges like 15km +/-3km...

[4_0_4]
Players
7,896 posts
14,340 battles

One side of me wants to see secs become more useful, the other fears the balancing issue revolving around this.

[BATES]
Players
937 posts
12,233 battles
4 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Depends on the bote, my Warspite has full man sec build and it demolishes DD’s, makes cruisers weary and starts fires on other BBs, in a 1 vs 1 it makes all the difference.

so do you see any real improvement with that 15% accuracy bonus?

Beta Tester
1,042 posts
11,630 battles

Not that many of you will have one, but putting a full secondary build captain from the Massachusetts into the Arkansas Beta is fun. Secondary range goes up to 6.8Km

[NECRO]
Players
2,026 posts
Vor 10 Stunden, Otowi sagte:

Might not be of much use at low tiers, but a secondary Mikasa build is very fun imo. Targets just melt if you get close enough. Take her out for a spin every now and then for fun.

Mikasa has more 2ndary DPM (603K) than Tirpitz and comes close to Yamato...

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
10 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

so do you see any real improvement with that 15% accuracy bonus?

YES.

T7, shiny and gne are best, Nagato is also brilliant,   T8 gets better Alsace, the Germans and the one trick pony, unable to brawl; massa, star here, T9 and 10 Germans stand out.

Whether its 15% or 60% it definitely helps, and  it depends on the bote, and costing 4 points could you put it to another skill.

I have it on all my German BBs (Shiny, Tirp and FDG), Warspite and the Alabama, but all Capts are 19 pointers and not everyone will have many 19 pointers.

Beta Tester
1,847 posts
18,502 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, Akula971 sagte:

Not that many of you will have one, but putting a full secondary build captain from the Massachusetts into the Arkansas Beta is fun. Secondary range goes up to 6.8Km

As long as it is for free, sure, why not I guess. Of course your Captain will ask to be transferred back after his ship gets sunk by 3 enemy Hoshos over and over again before he even can have fun with the secondaries. 

Players
933 posts
16 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

For T6 and below there's always the Advanced Firing Training skill, the extra range is always nice.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,861 battles
23 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

YES.

T7, shiny and gne are best, Nagato is also brilliant,   T8 gets better Alsace, the Germans and the one trick pony, unable to brawl; massa, star here, T9 and 10 Germans stand out.

Whether its 15% or 60% it definitely helps, and  it depends on the bote, and costing 4 points could you put it to another skill.

I have it on all my German BBs (Shiny, Tirp and FDG), Warspite and the Alabama, but all Capts are 19 pointers and not everyone will have many 19 pointers.

Do what?

You're running secondary build on the Alabama?? What on earth for? It's base secondary is 5.5km with Artillery 1 module, out to 6.6 with AFT on the captain - you're within 6.6 of something in an Alabama, you're waaay too close. 

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
4 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

you're within 6.6 of something in an Alabama, you're waaay too close. 

Yeah, but not for long 😉.

Given that I meet T10s A LOT more than t6’s sitting at 15km is comfy for any of the T9 and 10 he spammers I encounter, at under 10km not many ships can take Bama’s salvo’s, eg 44k off a Monarch (before the citadel nerf). 

Bama’s my least played BB though. Because it is constantly up against Kremlin’s and Yams and concealment is poor.  (When under 10k that’s not an issue 😉).

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, Aetius85 said:

Extremely personal opinion here: the skill is not only useless at T6 and below but also above. For me having the secondaries shoot in all directions instead of only one is more important than a meagre bonus.

Probably special snowflake opinion... still I don't use that skill on any of my secondary skilled captains

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts
4 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Extremely personal opinion here: the skill is not only useless at T6 and below but also above. For me having the secondaries shoot in all directions instead of only one is more important than a meagre bonus.

Probably special snowflake opinion... still I don't use that skill on any of my secondary skilled captains

In certain situations that is true. Then again, should you place yourself in a BB in a situation where you got enemies on both sides?...:Smile_unsure:

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles
8 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

In certain situations that is true. Then again, should you place yourself in a BB in a situation where you got enemies on both sides?...:Smile_unsure:

I very often do that. Most of all when doing secondary hit missions against bots. But also in random battles if the situation calls for it. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Might be a result of me not playing that much T10 battles... in the lower regions doing stunts like this is easier and leads to success more often...

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 5:21 PM, DFens_666 said:

Or... they should bring the ability to select 2 targets at once, But only fire at one per side (like AA sectors) so if you have one selected at each side, both sides 2ndry guns will fire, if you have 2 selected at one side, only the first will be fired on.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts
13 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Or... they should bring the ability to select 2 targets at once, But only fire at one per side (like AA sectors) so if you have one selected at each side, both sides 2ndry guns will fire, if you have 2 selected at one side, only the first will be fired on.

IMO the ideal solution would be to make the target selection optional. Otherwise the secondaries would fire as they normally do.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this