Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major1999

I am now again on the point like i was in the past ...

32 comments in this topic

Players
139 posts

I started playing WOWS again few days ago and i am today again pretty much done with it.

You will still be highttired up to 2 tiers (T6 vs T8) since ages (2015) on some days.

CVs are still the most effective way to generate progress because theyre still OP.

Many player are still salty like Zeus.

Maybe something has changed, but for me not much, i think the points i mentioned are still big gamebreaker wich also maybe kick new players from WOWS away.

This is just my opinion, be faire and dont blame me for my own opinion, thx.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
177 posts
5,717 battles
20 minutes ago, Major1999 said:

I've played in much saltier communities than WoWs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,818 posts
15,115 battles
59 minutes ago, Major1999 said:

You will still be highttired up to 2 tiers (T6 vs T8) since ages (2015) on some days.

That is just fact, not opinion. That is how the game works.

1 hour ago, Major1999 said:

CVs are still the most effective way to generate progress because theyre still OP.

Please tell that more CV players. Looks like most of them did not get the memo...

• Funny 3

Players
3,355 posts
20,472 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Please tell that more CV players. Looks like most of them did not get the memo...

Most of them did but suck really really really really really bad :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,671 posts
47 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Most of them did but suck really really really really really bad :Smile_trollface:

More typically the one(s) on your team.

[GW_KR]
Players
296 posts
14,069 battles
13 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Poseidon surely?

I was going to ask that very question!😀

[R3B3L]
Players
1,111 posts
31,510 battles
17 hours ago, Major1999 said:

Maybe something has changed

a few things have. Like the fun and rewarding scenarios: they got removed or broken.

Now the leveling-up for newbies is faster, so they can fail their way up much faster than before and ruin all game-modes, including ranked.

If you realize that you don´t grasp the game at T3 (look at Caledon) you can buy yourself straight into T9 (with max damage 37k).

Spoiler

890709894_proplajerman.thumb.jpg.cd537d483c1c910b989c2fb4fbb9776e.jpg

Also, you can carry the team ten times in row and get no compliment. As soon as the team loses (for what reason ever) you can count on getting reported. A blessing of making the game more achiever-focused.

Who cares about dudes like me which paid 50€ for a historical ship like Warspite. Nono, now you have to pay more to get a fictional ship which is superior to those which existed.

Destroyers got limited in favor of battelshits (because that is how it was irl) so we usually get 5-6 BBs screened by 2 DDs.

There was something with carriers too, but i can´t really remember...

Don´t like the changes?

Well, me neither.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
18,430 battles
Vor 17 Stunden, Major1999 sagte:

I started playing WOWS again few days ago and i am today again pretty much done with it.

Maybe something has changed, but for me not much, i think the points i mentioned are still big gamebreaker wich also maybe kick new players from WOWS away.

This is a discussion forum but I am not quite sure what to discuss here.

[RODS]
Players
1,594 posts
7,703 battles

For me it goes up n down (mostly down)

Reason for me playing this is an old (lifelong )interest in naval warfare (My grandad worked at the Camell Laird shipyard in the Birkenhead docks with ships like Rodney)

I have plenty of money to invest in premium ships (investing in developing the game) and have invested  a lot. (can buy any or every premium in the game on a whim without economical consequense)

I like the historical aspects of the game so I dont much enjoy spam of CV:S in the dreadnought era of ships (how many CV:S were in the battle of Jutland ?)

Dont like ships like Kremlin (russian ships above tier 5) and fiction shiplines (why go for fantasy Russian ships before existing shiplines (italian BB:s ?))

Dont like Russian bias in the game

Dont much like the extreme paper meme ships (Smolensk and crap like it) (although I do have it)

So why should I spend more on this ?

(Have been playing this for a few yaers now but much less lately)

• Cool 3

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Even as a Co-Op player last year with the CV rework I took 6 months off and only really came back for the Xmas boxes. This year I played a bit in Feb for the UK CA's but I've only played 15 games in all of March so far so I think I'll probably just give up for another 6 month or so.

When even Co-Op players are leaving because of WG's business decisions then you know the game is in big trouble.

Players
2,367 posts
14,337 battles
7 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Even as a Co-Op player last year with the CV rework I took 6 months off and only really came back for the Xmas boxes. This year I played a bit in Feb for the UK CA's but I've only played 15 games in all of March so far so I think I'll probably just give up for another 6 month or so.

When even Co-Op players are leaving because of WG's business decisions then you know the game is in big trouble.

What? Why? CVs in coop are totally redundant. Bots are ridiculously incompetent and humans have no time to do anything meaningful in 3-5 minutes games anyway.

Players
95 posts
8,123 battles
4 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Bots are ridiculously incompetent and humans have no time to do anything meaningful in 3-5 minutes games anyway.

Maybe this is why.

Players
2,367 posts
14,337 battles
Just now, A_useless_noob said:

Maybe this is why.

But then just ignore them and play coop as usual, yolo full speed ahead or you'll be late to the party and the others will rip all the bots.

Players
463 posts
7,358 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Like which communities?

Call of Duty, and The Division for starters. Pretty much any FPS game really.

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
6 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

What? Why? CVs in coop are totally redundant. Bots are ridiculously incompetent and humans have no time to do anything meaningful in 3-5 minutes games anyway.

CV's - bad decision by WG, couldn't agree or support it.

Now - Even Co-Op has been having the "fun" removed yet again due to WG's bad decisions with too many people using Co-Op for Directives meaning <4min blow-outs etc then there's the usual WG bull such as changes to IFHE without suitable time to test before the free re-spec ended, Payto Rico etc etc. Again, I don't want to support them.

• Cool 3

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, Major1999 said:

and lock thread pls !

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
177 posts
5,717 battles
6 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Like which communities?

Arma 3 & LoLs to name but 2.

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

Take a deep breath.... now..... exhale.... inhale.... hold it... HOLD IT.... and out..... calm like the ocean... no, sorry... calm like the forest..... birds tweeting... why are they even on twitter?

Anyhow.... I agree with you, BUT... practice makes perfect. Start from t5 and work up, get used to ships, try out tactics, watch videos on how to play....

Then.... if you keep losing... you probably suck and should quit... NO... sorry, that wasn't funny...

Trust me, you will get better. If you keep losing, drop down a tier or 2... take your time... relax.... its only a game...

Then, if you lose 12 in a row, its your keyboard, destroy it an buy another one that works.

Seriously... relax and play... being on edge and playing only causes mistakes. Good luck, and remember, the Force is with you.... always.

• Cool 2

[-LA-]
Players
695 posts
5,280 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, Major1999 said:

hmm .. eh? 

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
11 hours ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Take a deep breath.... now..... exhale.... inhale.... hold it... HOLD IT.... and out..... calm like the ocean... no, sorry... calm like the forest..... birds tweeting... why are they even on twitter?

ETC ETC ETC...

This is what I should have said.... Its been bugging me all night.

How do you convince a person to not give up?

New players might win 25% of their game, average players 50% and experts 75% ... but not many can EVER get over 75% ... there is no such thing as a perfect player.

By that token, expert players still lose! They only get to be experts by playing AND losing. If what they did the last game that got them sunk then the next game, they play it different.

They learn to stay calm under pressure. Back in 2015 when I first started playing, and I don't like admitting this... my first battles were a disaster, first time my ship got hit, I'm went into a  panic, worse, I'd start shooting wildly, if it moved, I'd shoot at it... including allies... as soon as you panic you make mistakes, then, if you worry about the last game, you will put yourself under impossible pressure to do better...

Relax.... play to have fun... its not REALLY life or death, your ship sinks often, you do not, so don't panic, LEARN... don't worry about losing... because...

For every winner.... there is a loser, that is a fact of life AND an important part of this game. Play the best you can and don't let it get to you.

Once you understand that losing is OK... then you are half way there... no one will EVER get a 100% perfect score... NO ONE!!!!!!

So, play to have fun.... what happens ....will happen.... when you play it as the game it is, you will relax and start playing a lot better.

Most modern Generals and Admirals were forged in the furnace of war... they saw their fair share of defeats till their nations needed them to step up, and they did.

One thing they will all tell you.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!! Only quitters quit.... (meaning, quit once, you will always quit...)

Good luck.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
39 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

One thing they will all tell you.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!! Only quitters quit.... (meaning, quit once, you will always quit...)

After playing WoWs for over a year I recently had an enforced layoff for a month because British Telecom couldn't work out which wire went where and I was well and truly offline. The first few days were frustrating, but when I realised this could be a long haul it's amazing how many things you can find to do that are actually more fun than playing WoWs.

Quiting or an enforced absence isn't the end of the world, a but over a year playing WoWs every day inures the person to the everyday niggles in playing WoWs, the mardy players, WG's antics, and so on etc. So if you want to make a comparison with famous Generals and Admirals you should know the good ones picked their own battles, they avoided battles forced on them and battles where they didn't feel they had an advantage. Most quit more often than they said 'Charge!'. So I don't buy this gung-ho 'no quit' attitude, it's just an excuse for having nothing better to do.