Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

Unbalanced map spawns

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles

Why do I get spawned on one side on map with lets say tier 9 battleship and 1 or 2 cruisers and enemy team on that same side has tier 10 battleship or tier 10 cruisers? Thats straight up advantage for them on that side. And this happens frequently in my games... Last game I played in Izumo I also got another Izumo on my side and some cruisers but enemy got Yamato and bunch of tier 10 cruisers??? Of course they destroyed us (nothing we could do except to try to run away but Izumo is slow), not only they had higher tier ships and more of them but our tier 10 BBs got spawned on the other side of the map... And as I said this happens quite often too.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,937 posts
15,138 battles

Your team has the advantage on the other flank. That is balanced.

And when you play accordingly, it does not matter.

 

When high Tier is too hard for you, maybe stay at mid Tier a bit longer.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,787 posts
9,750 battles
29 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

(nothing we could do except to try to run away but Izumo is slow),

 

Thats a pisspoor excuse for a T9 vs T10 ship.

image.thumb.png.4825261d9402fa571b85eedd4dab6931.png

 

Couple of days ago, our division spawned alone on the C-side on Sea of Fortune. Our entire team lemminged to A cap. And we were faced with the 6 ships above (more or less)

- Black and Fletcher got the C-Cap, ofc nothing our DD could do against that. Luckily, they didnt follow us.

- Chapa/JB followed us into our spawn

- Ashitaka only followed after JB and Chapa were already dead

- Yorck ran away to the map border for some reason, after initially attacking us

 

Neither of us died. Luckily, the enemies didnt play that smart, and our team actually went over to help us at some point. Funnily enough, the Fletcher even managed to kill 2 of those with devstrikes...

 

Was it the best game for us? No, but we did what we could, and even stayed alive against stronger forces.

image.thumb.png.4836dcc3aa4be8b9e8757d2d072bcfa9.png

I even yolo torprushed the Ashitaka in the end.

"Nothing you can do" doesnt exist in this game. And T7 vs T9 is like 10x worse than T9 vs T10 :cap_old:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,123 posts
11,529 battles
32 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Your team has the advantage on the other flank. That is balanced.

And when you play accordingly, it does not matter.

 

There is actually a lot of truth in this. So much, I want to highlight it:

 

In such a case, its your job as a low tier ship to buy time for your team. Hurt the enemy as much as possible and stay alive. If your team plays it better on the other side, its YOUR efford, that was a huge part of the victory.

Many of the gamesm when im top tier, I lose are actually exactly because of that. If I encounter lower tier ships that know how to kite, defend, slow me down, waste my time (or keep my team busy) while my lower tier ships just Yolo - you cant make up for that.

 

Also: as a lower tier ship you get more XP for fighting higher tier ships. So you are compensated.

54 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Last game I played in Izumo I also got another Izumo on my side and some cruisers but enemy got Yamato and bunch of tier 10 cruisers??? Of course they destroyed us (nothing we could do except to try to run away but Izumo is slow)

 

- Yamato is slower then Izumo

- A BB thats long range against another BB hardly takes any damage even if low tiered. And you should have the option to go dark. If not, you need to learn the positions of the map, concealment values, how to move, when to disengage etc.

- If its cruisers following you: Izumo has no problems dealing with T10 cruisers

- A Yamato cant follow you across the map either. If he is pursuing you, that means he will expose full broadside to the center of the map where your team is. And a broadside Yamato is a juicy target.

 

So something in your story doesnt add up. You didnt lose that fight because you were one tier down but because you didnt play it well. You would have lost against a good player in an Izumo there beeing a Yamato yourself, im sure of it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
59 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

So something in your story doesnt add up. You didnt lose that fight because you were one tier down but because you didnt play it well. You would have lost against a good player in an Izumo there beeing a Yamato yourself, im sure of it.

Except that you don't know full story and make bad assumptions. It was enemy Bismarck who kept me spotted whole (bow on) the time for others to shoot me. I also had unfortunate collision bug where my speed wouldn't drop below 4kn despite full reverse and my Alaska (who blocked my path) and I got stuck for a while. I thought I got disconnected but nope it was a bug.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,763 posts
4 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Except that you don't know full story and that it was enemy Bismarck who kept me spotted whole the time for others to shoot me. I also had unfortunate collision bug where my speed wouldn't drop below 4kn despite full reverse and my Alaska (who blocked my path) and I got stuck for a while.

 

They had Bismarck to do their scouting? :Smile_unsure:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

They had Bismarck to do their scouting? :Smile_unsure:

He was brawling in like other ships on their side and he was the closest to me, 13km or so (and my conceal is 13,6 km I think). Well a lot of weird things happened in this game like that collision bug but the point of this post isn't this game in particular but "unbalanced" spawns.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,763 posts
6 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

He was brawling in like other ships on their side and he was the closest to me, 13km or so (and my conceal is 13,6 km I think). Well a lot of weird things happened in this game like that collision bug but the point of this post isn't this game in particular but "unbalanced" spawns.

 

I think your side should have been able to deal with the Bismarck, otherwise you were at a disadvantage because Izumo is not exactly what I would call a tactically flexible ship. I sense the best course of action would have been to reposition your ships closer to mid and ambush the enemy. More easily said than done, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

I think your side should have been able to deal with the Bismarck

No they should have not because they all died except me and Alaska :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,763 posts
Just now, Toni112007 said:

No they should have not because they all died except me and Alaska.

 

I see... yes, that could inconvenience things a bit.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,937 posts
15,138 battles

When your side gets sunk quicker than you can sink a Bismarck rushing you, your side messed up.

The collision is proof of that.

 

Do not move all into one spot. Try to get flanking on the ship rushing you.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,307 posts
11,711 battles
9 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

Of course they destroyed us (nothing we could do except to try to run away but Izumo is slow),

Dear OP,

If you think IZUMO is useless against YAMATO or any other tier 10 ship, especially cruisers.

I'm really sorry to say but you have way bigger problems than the spawn locations in the game.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts

Don't expect favors from the MM and don't stick around to get slaughtered if you believe you are outgunned. Retreat, find cover and be a pain until you die, make your enemy feel miserable and bored to fight you. Expect your team to fail you regularly, do everything yourself, less than 30% play this to win, if you are lucky you have them in yr team but... that's about the % you have to get them. Even if you are not good enough to kill someone if you force him to deal wit you for a long time MAYBE someone on your team will pull through or the enemy will frak it up. That happens too :)

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
23 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Dear OP,

If you think IZUMO is useless against YAMATO or any other tier 10 ship, especially cruisers.

I'm really sorry to say but you have way bigger problems than the spawn locations in the game.

You are funny 😄

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

Don't expect favors from the MM and don't stick around to get slaughtered if you believe you are outgunned. Retreat, find cover and be a pain until you die, make your enemy feel miserable and bored to fight you. Expect your team to fail you regularly, do everything yourself, less than 30% play this to win, if you are lucky you have them in yr team but... that's about the % you have to get them. Even if you are not good enough to kill someone if you force him to deal wit you for a long time MAYBE someone on your team will pull through or the enemy will frak it up. That happens too :)

 

 

So abandoning your own spawn is sometimes good. There is no point dying against overwhelming enemy force.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts
Just now, Toni112007 said:

So abandoning your own spawn is sometimes good. There is no point dying against overwhelming enemy force.

Dying is never good. You lose a ship. Now delaying (IF YOU CAN PULL IT OFF) is useful but... it depends on what yr team is doing. If you don't trust the team and its a loss, get away, be a pain and get something out of it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
7 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Dying is never good. You lose a ship. Now delaying (IF YOU CAN PULL IT OFF) is useful but... it depends on what yr team is doing. If you don't trust the team and its a loss, get away, be a pain and get something out of it.

Kiting away and absorbing damage while your team does the job on the other flank is a good idea but yea this game I had this unfortunate collision bug and lost a lot of time and health, so now when I think about it maybe this post should have been whining about that collision bug which got me stuck and citadeled by enemy BBs xd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts
1 minute ago, Toni112007 said:

Kiting away and absorbing damage while your team does the job on the other flank is a good idea but yea this game I had this unfortunate collision bug and lost a lot of time...

I got stuck for 7 mins once on a rock under fire. It bugged out completely. Sometimes you are unlucky haha :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
4 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I got stuck for 7 mins once on a rock under fire. It bugged out completely. Sometimes you are unlucky haha :)

As I said I had this collision bug where Alaska blocked my path and we got stuck for like 1 minute and couldn't move. I was in a full reverse and speed wouldn't drop below 4knts, so I thought I disconnected but it wasn't the case. And we lost precious time here. I have no doubt I would have managed to get away if this didn't occur but the game would still have been lost because our team on the other side didn't do anything. So it was one of those melting teams games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,763 posts
4 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

As I said I had this collision bug where Alaska blocked my path and we got stuck for like 1 minute and couldn't move. I was in a full reverse and speed wouldn't drop below 4knts, so I thought I disconnected but it wasn't the case. And we lost precious time here. I have no doubt I would have managed to get away if this didn't occur but the game would still have been lost because our team on the other side didn't do anything. So it was one of those melting teams games.

 

Yeah, that happens. You can only reliably do your bit, it sucks when you try to do that and notice your team's stronger flank has utterly and abysmally failed against the weaker enemy team flank....

 

The advice in the posts above is sound, IMO. You do your best, and grab any tea and medals you can. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×