Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - changes to test ships

29 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,924 posts
4,150 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our official portal.

European destroyer Orkan, Tier VIII:

• Detectability range by ships increased from 7.0 to 7.5 km. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly.

Soviet cruiser Petropavlovsk, Tier X:

• "Surveillance Radar" consumable action time increased from 10 to 15 s;
  • The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells is reduced from 55 to 50 degrees;
  • Detectability range by ships increased from 14.4 to 14.9 km. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly;
  • Fixed an issue which caused the citadel torpedo bulkhead plating (40 mm) to duplicate.

Soviet cruiser Riga, Tier IX:

• The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells is reduced from 55 to 50 degrees;
  • Detectability range by ships increased from 14.2 to 14.7. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly.

Soviet cruiser Tallin, Tier VIII:

• "Surveillance Radar" consumable action time increased from 10 to 15 s.

German cruiser Ägir, Tier IX:

• Main battery guns firing range reduced from 18.5 to 17.0 km.
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
67 posts
9,849 battles

@Tanatoy 

May i ask why Ägir gets this pretty significant nerf towards even the lowish end of cruiser range at T9?

We all know about the Spreadsheet info but any normal person can't look into that and this time actually there is not even a reasoning given as for why this nerf is done.(if you or someone else can give the reasoning for it.)

i have the utmost respect for WG and for what they are trying to accomplish these days but this is becomming rather a bit silly, and was it not becoming a thing to do small nerf and not big ones?(if i understood that one correctly.)

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,924 posts
4,150 battles

Hi,

As you know as much as me, we are still in the testing phase right now, and so try to find the good balance for the ship. We still have time to balance Ägir and will see how those changes affect her.

In the testing phase, as the ship is not "widespread" on the server, we can still make significant changes, instead of the little ones that we did for exemple during this update 9.2. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PN4VY]
Players
5 posts
5,131 battles

Wow ... a nerf to Ägir? Why? Germany is just not allowed to have good Ships coming out are they? Reduce Odin HP to pitiful levels so you cant survive a brawl, reduce Ägir Range to a level where you get outranged by prettymuch everyone else in terms of Cruisers spamming HE at your fat thick hull (espacially looking at you upcoming Soviets). And you dont even give a reason for it? Whats next? German 380mm BB guns gonna have just little bit more pen than Cruiser 220mm guns or something ... wait ... ah crap!

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
12,609 battles

The changes to soviet heavy cruisers are good but...I personally do not want them to be able to stealth radar, maybe petrovavlosk detection can be raised to a minimum of 12.4km? and Riga and Tallin as well, otherwise tallin can use a 10k perhaps an 11km radar? 

[4_0_4]
Players
7,894 posts
14,340 battles

So the AP now can start to bounce earlier?

The Radar increase makes some sense, considering the 10s looked really short.

Players
194 posts
7,567 battles
1 saat önce, Tanatoy dedi:

This nerf was overnerf now. Its very mediocre at best now.

• Cool 2

[LHZP]
Beta Tester
73 posts
9,915 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

• Detectability range by ships increased from 14.4 to 14.9 km. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly;
  • Fixed an issue which caused the citadel torpedo bulkhead plating (40 mm) to duplicate.

Uhm… the 10s radar was fine for me. I mean Petro is a heavy cruiser so only a spotting radar with a bit time for your team to react seamed fine. Now we are at 15 + Module = 18s and with the increased detectability at 11,7 km (Modul + Captain + Camo) … Don’t know if that’s a nerf or a buff but a detection + 12km wouldn’t be a problem.

I’m fine with the angle changes because the AP on that thing seams pretty good and the pen is way better than most cruisers.

1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

What is the Ägir supposed to be? I mean it can’t brawl because its not that well armoured and it can’t be played on long ranges because it’s a German shotgun.

• Cool 3

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,739 posts
14,300 battles
2 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

So the AP now can start to bounce earlier?

This is a 5° increase to the range at which ricochets are impossible, so a buff to the AP ricochet angles.

Where it was possible for ricochets to start occuring at 50° you must now be angled at 55°.**

Guaranteed ricochets are still 65°.

**The change is a nerf from 55 to 50, I misread.

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
7,894 posts
14,340 battles
34 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

This is a 5° increase to the range at which ricochets are impossible, so a buff to the AP ricochet angles.

Where it was possible for ricochets to start occuring at 50° you must now be angled at 55°.

Guaranteed ricochets are still 65°.

Okay, so these ships have better guns then many BBs?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Edit: I need to check this first

1,739 posts
14,300 battles
9 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Edit: I need to check this first

I have made a mistake with this, it is indeed a nerf.

I thought the change was 50 to 55, but its the other way around.

1,739 posts
14,300 battles
46 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Okay, so these ships have better guns then many BBs?

There are only two BBs in the game with improved ricochet angles, instead they tend to have overmatching that overrules ricochets.

The standard behaviour is that AP ricochet chance begins against armor angled at 45° and the chance increases until it is angled at 60° at which the chance is 100%.

Some cruisers have improvements to this standard behaviour, such as US heavy cruisers where many of their 203mm shells do not even have a chance to ricochet until 60° and are not guaranteed until 67.5° requiring substantially increased angling to prevent penetrations.

Angle you must be to ricochet (Chance to Guarantee)

Standard - 45° to 60°

US CA - 60° to 67.5°

Alaska/PR - 60° to 67.5°

Jutland and Daring - 60° to 67.5°

RN CL tier 6 to 10 - 60° to 75°

Stalingrad - 55° to 65°

And now these new CAs are 50° to 65°

(They were 55° to 65° but this above change was actually a nerf, I just read it incorrectly)

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles

I think they should nerf pen values in first place as those pen values are insane. Nerfing pen angles is good but their guns are still too powerful.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,726 posts
10,675 battles
59 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I think they should nerf pen values in first place as those pen values are insane. Nerfing pen angles is good but their guns are still too powerful.

Agree, I can just repeat my proposal that both Riga and Petro's krupp should drop to 2600, from the current 2800/2950. I don't even see any gameplay reason for those two to have so high penetration values.

• Cool 1

Players
3,146 posts
17,781 battles
5 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Good changes in the right direction, but how about we get completely rid of steath radar?

Stealth radar was too effective for USN CLs, so what exactly have changed?

Mino can do it, but has no armor and giant citadel to compensate. These things have lots of armor.

- Nerf concealment to at best 12,3 - 12,4 km with all modules an skills

or 

- Nerf radar range to 11 km

• Cool 5

[T-N-T]
Players
3,716 posts
17,684 battles

Ok, so nerfs to the new soviet CA AP are welcome. Not quite sure they are enough though, particularly since the radars have gotten buffed quite a lot.

Aegir nerf though, I can't even... You take a bad ship -  supposedly meant for brawling but that is terrible at brawling - and try to pigeonhole it to short ranges to keep failing at doing anything. I mean clearly this is an attempt to stop testers from using the ship the only way it kinda sorta barely worked: long range kiter/support.

• Cool 4

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Toivia said:

Ok, so nerfs to the new soviet CA AP are welcome. Not quite sure they are enough though, particularly since the radars have gotten buffed quite a lot.

Aegir nerf though, I can't even... You take a bad ship -  supposedly meant for brawling but that is terrible at brawling - and try to pigeonhole it to short ranges to keep failing at doing anything. I mean clearly this is an attempt to stop testers from using the ship the only way it kinda sorta barely worked: long range kiter/support.

Probs punishment for having the nerf the new russian cruisers :Smile_trollface:

*sprays water at agir* bad!

• Funny 2

Players
6,601 posts
13,255 battles
13 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

As you know as much as me, we are still in the testing phase right now, and so try to find the good balance for the ship. We still have time to balance Ägir and will see how those changes affect her.

In the testing phase, as the ship is not "widespread" on the server, we can still make significant changes, instead of the little ones that we did for exemple during this update 9.2. 

Your balance for german ships is always a big hammer...

If the ships are ru ships they become handled like an egg....softly and strong enough.

Yes, its in a test time but this nerf wasnt necessary....

I remenber to netherland where i was there for work for 3 weeks....get huge hate to germans....this feels like the same.....

Its a shame what you call "balance"

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,250 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our official portal.

European destroyer Orkan, Tier VIII:

• Detectability range by ships increased from 7.0 to 7.5 km. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly.

Soviet cruiser Riga, Tier IX:

• Detectability range by ships increased from 14.2 to 14.7. Other detectability ranges increased accordingly.

Soviet cruiser Tallin, Tier VIII:

• "Surveillance Radar" consumable action time increased from 10 to 15 s.

hi any slot for supertester?

• Funny 1

[L123]
Players
96 posts
21,220 battles

question:

Is it too difficult to create in Agir an "icebreake" bow of 32 mm to make that shipp at least usefull?

Sign in to follow this