TheWarJaC

PT 0.9.3 - Changes to the Tech Tree and the Exterior Tab

14 comments in this topic

WG Staff
1,832 posts
877 battles

Changes to the Tech Tree and the Exterior Tab

The restriction on the number of special and economic signals mounted on a ship has been removed, while the limit of eight combat signals on a ship remains active. You'll be able to mount up to 21 signals in total.

Changes to the Exterior tab

• Tooltips for signals, flags, and camouflages have been updated.
  • Mounting, demounting, changing color theme, purchasing, and binding exterior elements to a ship now requires a single left-click on the corresponding element.
  • The ability to mount or remove all economic, special, and recommended (the most effective for this ship) combat signals has been added.

image.png

The Tech Tree now has tooltips describing features of the ship groups in each branch; by clicking them, you’ll open a window with a detailed description.

image.png

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,261 posts
13,989 battles

I like:

- signal mount/demount and recommended signals is nice and fast :Smile_great:

- these descriptions in the techtree, usefull for new players

I don't like:

- none of the new campaign missions can be done in operations :fish_palm: Honestly, please don't give up on operations.

[FILO]
Players
2 posts
7,307 battles

You dont' get the tier VIII heavy british cruiser Albemarle in PT  ?

Beta Tester
10 posts
7,704 battles

I like the changes, a lot easier to manage flags and the descriptions in techtree are easy to understand. No bugs with the system so far.

Players
703 posts

I appreciate the one click for flags and the grouping also (I use a mod for this...)

Nice new Tech Tree, like the info and more info you give to players better is!  Txs!

Players
2 posts
9,333 battles

+1 for these changes also, very good and informative tech tree and the instant mounting/demounting of signals speeds up the process.

[FSO]
Players
3 posts
4,282 battles

SOOO....adding an option to mount / dismount flags by clicking them once is a very good idea. Imho, this  innovation would greatly reduce time which was just wasted on it. What, in my opinion is a risky decision, is an oportunity to mount more than 8 signal flags. I am affraid this will affect ballance and economy of the game, allowing players to  get all economic bonuses, without dismounting any "combat" signals. 

[EUTF]
Players
217 posts
6,555 battles

Exterior Tab
The best thing that happening in game is this, it works super fast and even of the recommend it button flags isnt perfect its a nice start
Changing the color of the camo instantly is also great

If i would be able i would give a chocolate cookies to all the people that involve and made this possible after of years of requests :)

Tech Tree
Info ton the tech tree is nice addition and will help the new players
Next step is introduce some advanced tab in ship parameters so we can see some hidden stats and not run in external sites

• Cool 1

[TAOWS]
Players
16 posts
6,810 battles

The changes to the exterior tab make it much easier to add flags and camouflage  in preparation for battle.

Just noticed a comment above on the number of flags. Is the new number intended for the live server or was that just for test?

Anyway, it was fun and all seemed to work well.

WG Staff
1,832 posts
877 battles
10 ore fa, GideonRules ha scritto:

The changes to the exterior tab make it much easier to add flags and camouflage  in preparation for battle.

Just noticed a comment above on the number of flags. Is the new number intended for the live server or was that just for test?

Anyway, it was fun and all seemed to work well.

Hi GideonRules, 

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

The number of 21 signals mentioned in the article is intended just for the Public Test at the moment, so the number could change once the Update is released on the Main Server.

(By the way, if your nickname refers to Gideon from Scott Pilgrim: best nick ever!)

TheWarJaC

[D-H-S]
Players
10 posts
10,300 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Changes to the Tech Tree and the Exterior Tab

The restriction on the number of special and economic signals mounted on a ship has been removed, while the limit of eight combat signals on a ship remains active. You'll be able to mount up to 21 signals in total.

Changes to the Exterior tab

• Tooltips for signals, flags, and camouflages have been updated.
  • Mounting, demounting, changing color theme, purchasing, and binding exterior elements to a ship now requires a single left-click on the corresponding element.
  • The ability to mount or remove all economic, special, and recommended (the most effective for this ship) combat signals has been added.

image.png

The Tech Tree now has tooltips describing features of the ship groups in each branch; by clicking them, you’ll open a window with a detailed description.

image.png

i like it a lot because if you are in a divison you can faster ready up your ship

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

Finally a step in the right direction as far as UI goes. After so many years.

Next step is to allow you further flexibility like choosing more ships at once and mounting/demounting the same flags or choosing multiple commanders and resetting their skill points (like when WG makes it free, for the Clan Battles) etc.

Another suggestion I've been repeating for a long time was to add the ability to choose a container you want to open. Sometimes you don't want to open the WG container (with a day of premium) but want to save it for another day and you simply cannot do it. You can open the containers only in the order that you got them, no choice there. I don't think it would be that hard to add that option but apparently WG doesn't care much about it.

WG Staff
1,832 posts
877 battles
Alle 5/4/2020 alle 09:40, Palubarac ha scritto:

Finally a step in the right direction as far as UI goes. After so many years.

Next step is to allow you further flexibility like choosing more ships at once and mounting/demounting the same flags or choosing multiple commanders and resetting their skill points (like when WG makes it free, for the Clan Battles) etc.

Another suggestion I've been repeating for a long time was to add the ability to choose a container you want to open. Sometimes you don't want to open the WG container (with a day of premium) but want to save it for another day and you simply cannot do it. You can open the containers only in the order that you got them, no choice there. I don't think it would be that hard to add that option but apparently WG doesn't care much about it.

Hi Palubarac,
Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions: some of them were good.
You can think differently about it, and I am not here to make you change your mind, but I can assure you that we value the players' suggestions; this doesn’t translate in us immediately implement those ideas in-game though. There are many factors that we have to consider first, and we have to be sure the new features will fit well considering the bigger picture: in a way that is beneficial for both the company and the players.

We appreciate the time and the passion you are investing in our game, 
Stay safe captains!

TheWarJaC