TheWarJaC

PT 0.9.3 - Ranked Sprint & Matchmaking Improvements

11 comments in this topic

WG Staff
1,832 posts
877 battles

Ranked Sprint

image.png

Update 0.9.3 will host the 11th Season of Ranked Sprints in a 12 versus 12 format, playing Tier IX–X ships in the Arms Race mode.

Matchmaking Improvements

image.png

The changes that have been made to the matchmaker in Update 0.9.3 will provide more possibilities for playing low-tier ships against high-tier ships effectively, and also reduce the number of cases where a player would find themselves with the only Tier VIII ship in a battle composed of Tier X ships, for example.

Apart from that, the number of battles with two aircraft carriers per team will be considerably reduced, while battles with three carriers per team will never occur.

List of changes

• For Tier VII–X battles, we’ve introduced a limit on the minimum number of ships two tiers lower than the battle tier.
  • We’ve introduced a limit on the maximum number of ships whose tier corresponds to the battle tier, with the exception of battles where all ships are of the same tier.
  • We’ve updated the settings that restrict the number of ships of a specific type in a battle.

For each battle tier, several sets of settings will be used that will replace each other, depending on the waiting time in the queue—the longer the battle waiting time, the softer the restrictions. The new settings will allow us to avoid a significant increase in waiting times if there aren’t many people looking to play a battle at that moment, and at the same time, assemble battles with the most efficient team rosters.

Please note: due to the specifics of the Public Test server, the matchmaker might work differently.

• Cool 1

[LUSOS]
Players
346 posts
20,725 battles

12 vs 12 in Ranked?

I got 9 vs 9 in Randoms... Lets see how it goes with the advacing of time...

image.thumb.png.025fef51beb0682e6dd2476352e62fac.png

• Cool 1

[ARGUS]
Players
3,601 posts
8,295 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 6:53 PM, powerverde said:

So, we're getting 5 vs 5 in PTS. that's a totally different story...

... that´s because on the PTS are not many players and the time for the MM is runing, as longer the longest in line waits as less MM-rules the MM has to follow, at the end of the max waiting time it simply matches what it got (on [US] at some low ammount of player ingame times that happens relative often, too).

Therefore most times you cannot see the new Matchmaking Improvements on the [PTS} itself by watching what the MM puts out, but the statistics if it would work later on normal server do run and give the developer feedback.

:Smile_honoring: Blaubeeren

• Cool 1

[FMMI]
Players
1 post
5,842 battles

I did not see issues with match making on the PT.

I guess this is addressing the Matchmaking in the 0.9.2. I have seen a large disparity in classes, especially when I am VIII and I face 8 ships tier X.

So far the PT wasgreat, not bugs but I have seens a mis-translation in italian.

When 2 friendly ships collied, the user is reported to have "destroyed" --> "Distruzione" and not "Damaged" as in english --> "Danno".

Happy to test in italian but I never swapped the language from english to Italian. If there is an option to swap the language let me know.

Keep up the good work.

WG Staff
1,832 posts
877 battles

21 ore fa, checco007 ha scritto:

Happy to test in italian but I never swapped the language from english to Italian. If there is an option to swap the language let me know.

Keep up the good work.

Ciao checco007!

thank you for taking part in our Public Test, the contribution from the players is super important for us.

You can actually swap language from the Client before launching the game, as it happens for the Main Server.

You can check how to do it from this screenshot:

Spoiler

screenshot.png

[-NBS-]
Players
122 posts
21,604 battles

Are you sure for the 12 versus 12 format?

IMHO doesn't look as a good idea, good players will get reported by new ones all day... Our karma will be drop to minus thousands.

Even with standard format you get reported by new and complimented by old players in the same match.

[-NBS-]
Players
122 posts
21,604 battles

In ranked battles you get chat ban even if you try to explain something, by saying ''shima can you please go right side''? Or if you click your RPF on map.

New captains take this as an insult, or chat spam.

[PUNKS]
[PUNKS]
Beta Tester
10 posts
18,305 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 8:43 PM, HelldiverGr said:

In ranked battles you get chat ban even if you try to explain something, by saying ''shima can you please go right side''? Or if you click your RPF on map.

New captains take this as an insult, or chat spam.

100% agreed.
12 vs 12 on sprint ranked is way to much. It will be total chaos. Peeps will play it like randoms.
I reached rank 1 on test server all battles 5 vs 5. it was too little, but i understand it's a test (still had fun playing). But I think, when playing ranked tier IX/X, 7 vs 7 is the max. And 6 vs 6 would be perfect.

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
217 posts
6,555 battles

Sprint Rank
The idea behind the sprint rank was to be some low tier and fast to do it with a bit less stretch to your brain shells cause of the teams
Now you putting even this fun idea to Tier10 and you are letting cv's in (i dont hate them dont shoot) ??
Whats the point ? its a random battle with arms race mix in it. The QQ of the people will be too much cause of some people suicide in the start. It should be a T5-T6.
Instead of testing silly stuff why you dont try a T3-T4 sprint with a max captain points of 10 and let players in it with more than 300 battles. Let us have fun its a sprint  mode not a peak of a competitive mode.

Matchmaking
Hope it will work good on live server cause in the PTS i wasnt able to test it -- as always too few people to bother waiting 10+mins

• Cool 1