Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GrazyC2

Secrets of Izmail

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Don't show broadside, as the Izmail is in fact the only balanced Russian battleship in the game, and thus can be punished somewhat reliably.

• Cool 2

Players
154 posts
1,356 battles

Face little like / or \ forward only use broadside if I'm not spotted and I gut a clear shot, 

And AP or change it with HE ?

Players
7,434 posts
245 battles

Yeah if you can get into a kiting position can be pretty strong, but her highly awkward turret arrangement plus accuracy, plus fat citadel makes her easy to citadel.

Make sure to angle well and turn out broadside after the shells hit. I found the peter tier 5 to be worse than izmail. Gets much better at sniop.

But yeah she’s a good tank and support bb.

Use AP mostly, its rare that you will need to use HE only do so on angle targets even so AP should be fine.

• Cool 2

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
2 hours ago, GrazyC2 said:

Anny pro tips on Izmail people ? 

Play it like Fuso, make sure you are angled from incoming BB shells, and otherwise use your great speed (for the tier) and decent maneuverability to dodge, flank, and dictate the fight. The AP on it is fantastic, it obliterates any BB with big pen hits or and citadels, and deletes cruisers.

Players
3,029 posts
7 hours ago, GrazyC2 said:

I liked the Sinop the best tbh. Fantastic BB.

Vladi seems similar. Get near dont get shot.

Stick your nose between rocks so people see very little of you. Keep shooting at reckless cruisers. 

You will get cita a lot in this line until you figure out how vulnerable the ships are (and how tanky which is weird but it checks out) and it will keep getting worse until it gets better.

not the best of the bunch though imo.

Players
1,148 posts
23,778 battles
On 3/18/2020 at 11:53 PM, GrazyC2 said:

Izmail plays very similarly to Normandie, the tier VI French BB. I am regrinding the French BB line and Normandie was a breeze. Delete cruisers with AP, punish BBs and DDs with HE and have fun.
I've shared some of my games you can skip through to learn something about aiming or positioning perhaps -

https://youtu.be/gnG8ips0kqM

https://youtu.be/E0tHFgMha7c

https://youtu.be/r85Eqk3fW4I

[SINT]
Players
1,002 posts
22,178 battles

Izmail is my pick BB for scenario’s. Kept it after unlocking Sinop for farming the better T6 scenarios. Speed is good, fact that your accuracy is great at short ranges is perfect for scenarios. Only turn your guns in advance since that is a bit a downside.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
On 3/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, MrFingers said:

Don't show broadside, as the Izmail is in fact the only balanced Russian battleship in the game, and thus can be punished somewhat reliably.

OR seems ok too.

Beta Tester
1,827 posts
18,445 battles
Am 18.3.2020 um 22:53, GrazyC2 sagte:

Izmail has 3 of her 4 turrets turn over her stern and her turrets traverse very slowly => kiting away from enemy is a much stronger position than charging towards enemy.

Izmail can somewhat reliably punish cruisers showing broadside. More than any other tier 6 battleship IMHO. Within 10km she is mostly deadly for cruisers which do not angle fully.

Her side is a weakspot so make sure not to expose it to the enemy battleships.

I usually don't play her on the flank so much, I do not think she is explicilty good at that.

In a cruiser heavy battle she is an absolute monster. In a tier 8 battle you have to be cautious as you can be overmatched by 380+mm caliber.

Sign in to follow this