Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silver_Leviathan

New event and yet another disappointment!

30 comments in this topic

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

New event and yet another disappointment!

The WG, not happy with what it has done in the recent past, and after the many good intentions (but false) declared to the four winds.
Here, that with early access to European destroyers try again with the same recipe as "Puerto Rico"!  :Smile_facepalm:

Events where the most important prizes are only a mirror for the larks, and which are actually obtained ONLY for a fee, and which do not reward neither the commitment nor the constancy in the game.

The amount of European tokens you get is limited and absurdly random! And the random has been set up so that it is practically impossible to unlock high-level DDs (and therefore also the relative permanent camouflages).
And to prove that it was all calculated and planned to "pluck the chickens", here comes the package in the premium shop halfway through the event, containing the 1500 European tokens that will be missing by everyone! Is it a coincidence?

The more the WG will have this behavior, the more my desire to leave the game increases. :Smile_sad:
A game that I loved and chose among many others, because it rewarded tactics and strategies, with a pinch of history and realism, and with which with the commitment one could compete also against those who had the stuffed wallet.
But, slowly, the WG has transformed the game, in a stupid Arcade, aim and shoot (full of bugs among other things), without any technical or historical depth and shamelessly "pay for win"!
And the events of "Puerto Rico" and early access to heavy British cruisers and European DDs are the most obvious symbols of the growing greed and hypocrisy in the economies of the game.:cap_money:

Dear WG,
are you still going to continue with these teases for us users? Be clear once and for all!
If in addition to the hundreds of premium ships, you wanted to sell early access for tier8-9 destroyers, you could do it directly but with clarity and honesty, instead of resorting to this ridiculous and offensive trick for your users with a minimum of intelligence !

And please, don't say: we were wrong, we didn't explain it well, blah blah blah; because in the end it is useless to admit your mistakes if then in the following updates you intend to maintain the same behavior or even worse.
OK, I understand very well that you have to earn, but by clenching your fist too much to squeeze your users' money, you risk that they all gush you out of your hands! And if you lose your loyal users in this way, you can later come up with all sorts of events or awards or recruiting campaigns, but you will never get them back!

I hope that my sincere criticism is appreciated and that it leads you to reflect on what and how to improve.
If, however, as usual, the feedbacks do not reach the boss or are completely ignored, it is not my fault.
I gave you my little input to try to save World of Warships and everyone who works around it, now it's up to you.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Do you know that these are silver ships which will be available for free in the next patch, don’t you?

WG is selling the “exclusive” to play the line one month before the official release, if you are really interested in the line you can pay for unlocking the ships, if you don’t, just wait and grind the good old way... 

• Cool 12

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles

there just silver ships its just an early access thing, otherwise you will have to wait a week or so when the branch gets released fully.

atleast its not like mwo where they take 3 months to release the mech and varients.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Here, that with early access to European destroyers try again with the same recipe as "Puerto Rico"!

I think that's a bit strong: the PR thing was an absolute rat-scr*w (technical sales term) due to a) the values on the PTS bearing zero resemblance to what went live and b) whoever did the comms being either insane, or rather too keen on absinthe or similar (see my other - more considered - remarks on the other thread re: CC etc.). That said, if you put the hours in and had a reasonable selection of ships the free T7 premium wasn't that hard to get. Not a glorious success though.

On the other hand, I feel the Ikea early release thing is pretty decent (marred only by the '2 million free xp - how much?!' thing where WG fired 18" naval artillery into their own feet. Again.) - the directives are pretty straightforward to do and, if you do all of them, you get 22 of the relevant containers. Although the contents are random - which is pi$$ poor IMO - if you average 20 tokens a box (so far, I *think* I'm rather higher after completing the first two sets) that's 440 tokens (absolute worst case, 220). Cross-reference that with the rewards (below) and you'll almost certainly get the T5, assuming you don't get any more boxes from elsewhere (like the ones you get for just logging into the game consistently - x3) and don't luck out with token drops.

image.thumb.png.373bd6d04f4eb61a93c8308b8bb40aca.png

I agree the bundle that appeared in the shop is poor (if you want the early access ships, you have to pay over the odds for a bunch of bumf of spurious value), but it didn't require a degree in quantum physics to understand, so unless you have more money than you know what to do it, you don't buy it (I haven't).

The core event - I believe - is fine (do the - easyish - directives and get *at least* a free early access T5, which opens up the free permaflage mission which is also easy as well as avoiding the horror of the T4 CV spam if you do the regular grind after the full release), and the 'we need to buy a moonbase' monitisation is pretty much par for the course, and easily ignored.

WG may well be unable to find their collective bottom with both hands and a map at times, but I don't think this is one of them...

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
2 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Do you know that these are silver ships which will be available for free in the next patch, don’t you?

WG is selling the “exclusive” to play the line one month before the official release, if you are really interested in the line you can pay for unlocking the ships, if you don’t, just wait and grind the good old way... 

But the permanent camos...

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,142 battles
28 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

But the permanent camos...

...are quite a hard grind...

• Cool 2

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,142 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Surely you must mean fun.

Nope, otherwise I'd have stated so :cap_old:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,954 battles

In order to complete the grind (the permanent camo for the T10S) you need to unlock all five silver ships and complete the base XP grind for each.

So, while the grind for the European tokens is easier than the previous event you still only get one per week for these   I'm not sure if you could do all those and then complete the final grind in the time without spending any dubloons.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
17 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

In order to complete the grind (the permanent camo for the T10S) you need to unlock all five silver ships and complete the base XP grind for each.

So, while the grind for the European tokens is easier than the previous event you still only get one per week for these   I'm not sure if you could do all those and then complete the final grind in the time without spending any dubloons.

in the time without spending any dubloons.

You think something's fishy about it like the smell of yesterday's leftover fish and chips? :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 2

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

Ciao Bics93,

I answer to you because I know you a little and I hope you do not be offended, but have you carefully read my post? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Did you not realize that what they previously gave you as a reward to complete the events now practically 4/5, will you have to buy it?
  • In the past, you won early access up to tier 8, completing all the event directives, and without any random intrusion!
  • In the past, they gave you excellent premium ships by completing a particular event. (And not like they did with Puerto Rico that completing the absurdly difficult event did the honor of making you pay for a ship at a discounted price.)
  • In the past, you won special permanent camouflages by winning a second event! (now, to get them you will have to pay)
  • In the past, you won special captains by completing an event or campaign! (in the future, what will they invent to make you pay for it?)
  • Etc. etc.

In practice, the prizes in the past were proportional to your engagement in events, now they have become proportional to the random and in an exaggerated way (random that I remind you is "piloted" by the WG) and therefore most of the prizes of the event are only one stupid mirage!
For the record, the WG with this attitude also risks in many European states, given that this mode (where random is the primary variable for the awarding of prizes) and regulated by special laws on gambling, (and in some cases even prohibited to certain users)

And anyway if you read my post well, (I wrote: "you wanted to sell early access for tier8-9 destroyers, you could do it directly but with clarity and honesty, instead of resorting to this ridiculous and offensive trick for your users with a minimum of intelligence! "), what I criticize, is not that they SELL early access to ships that in a month's time you can search for, (if one wants to waste his money he is free to do so), but I criticize that this sale was deliberately hidden from the event! And if they treat us like idiots, those with a minimum of intelligence could even be offended!

3 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Whether they are silver or gold or paper ships, or even a stuffed animal or even a pat on the shoulder ... what does this have to do with the juice of my topic?
They are rewards, and rewards I am talking about, whatever value they have for each of us.

Also you know, that they will be searchable in the next patch does not mean that they will be given for free, right? :Smile_trollface:
You'll have to spend XP and credits to buy ships and modules! And you'll have to spend doubloons to buy the permanent camouflage instead of receiving it as a reward in missions.
If for you this is not a value, good for you, it means that you are richer than me. :Smile_playing:

And answering everyone else ...

I have indicated this event and the other precedents just to point out, which economic philosophy the WG has adopted in recent times with the various events.
Instead you have fossilized the topic, only and only thinking that the prizes are easy to obtain later.

Does this mean that you are fine with this new way of doing WG?
Are you all happy and happy that the game becomes a stupid "pay for win"?
Is that okay, just because we are in the WG forum and are you "afraid" to express your sincere opinions? (opinions that strangely many users but other places express much, much more easily)
Is that okay, because for example with WoTs or others with other games have they done worse?

If so, then mine is a losing battle, Amen! :cap_old:

• Cool 3

[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Where is the "pay for(?) win" ?

Because previously event like that, were more gatcha.

Some of us where lucky and get all the ship and other have none, now all of us can easly have one ship.

I think it's better deal, even if i am not a big fan to be able to skip some ship like that.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles
3 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

are you "afraid" to express your sincere opinions?

Not in the slightest; I just have to moderate my language sometimes (having got a warning for a 'beer and ladies of negotiable affection won't buy themselves' joke a while back)...!

2 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

Some of us where lucky and get all the ship and other have none, now all of us can easly have one ship.

This. They key problem with earlier events was that plenty of people got nowt; this one, if you do the directives, you are extremely unlikely not to get at least one ship - that seems rather fairer to me too.

I can really do without the RNG elements, but the old methodology included them, only the split between lucky and unlucky was a lot greater than the present mechanic. I think we're stuck with RNG - I think I recall people sharing articles in the past explaining why game designers love random elements; I also recall thinking that this aspect of games is clearly not designed for me, but it is what it is. I don't really like stealth elements in FPS games either, but they still keep turning up - like WOWS, it's my choice whether or not I participate/play the game.

If I were going to suggest a tweak to the current event mechanics, it would be to have all the permaflages available in one long grind that could be done with any/all of the early release ships (with higher tiers requiring incrementally higher xp 'steps', presumably); I feel the current model is perhaps counter-productive, if the aim is to make people play more - I've done the maths and I think the best I can hope for is the T7 permaflage (and maybe the T8, if I get spectacularly lucky); this calculation makes large chunks of the event irrelevant for me, and - crucially - not worth playing more for.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
9 ore fa, Silver_Leviathan ha scritto:

In the past, you won early access up to tier 8, completing all the event directives, and without any random intrusion!

Do we really? If I’m not mistaken Russian BBs were random drops in containers, French DDs were random drops in containers and you could pay directly to unlock Mogador, Italian cruisers were also random drops in containers, UK cruisers were random drops in armory bundles, while now the randomness is associated to the container tokens quantity, so I don’t really see much difference...  

In the past, they gave you excellent premium ships by completing a particular event.

Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Duke of York, Genova. Gorizia and Indianapolis disagree with you, I don’t rate them good ships, while Lazo, Siroco and Aigle were good freebies in my opinion however...

In the past, you won special permanent camouflages by winning a second event! (now, to get them you will have to pay)

If I’m not mistaken, special camos were either tied with the random drops like for the French DD or you had to buy them with tokens like for Russian BBs, while now they are tied to unlocking the ships and grind the mission so I don’t see much difference from the French event style: randomness is still the main factor unfortunately...

In the past, you won special captains by completing an event or campaign! (in the future, what will they invent to make you pay for it?)

Captains have always been very grindy too: I had to play almost every day to get Kurnezov and I had to spend 1250 doubloons to get the missing tokens to unlock the French one, for the Pan EU special captain a new 6 months campaign has been announced, so you’ll have to grind even for this one, nothing will be given to you without effort or money.

In practice, the prizes in the past were proportional to your engagement in events, now they have become proportional to the random and in an exaggerated way (random that I remind you is "piloted" by the WG) and therefore most of the prizes of the event are only one stupid mirage!

In my opinion events has always been like this, I only unlocked a couple of tier 5-6 in early access although I’m a quite constant player, these early release are only a way to milk whales...

I criticize, is not that they SELL early access to ships that in a month's time you can search for, (if one wants to waste his money he is free to do so), but I criticize that this sale was deliberately hidden from the event! And if they treat us like idiots, those with a minimum of intelligence could even be offended

Most of the playerbase of this game struggle to get a 50% win rate, don’t know to not give broadside, can’t complete a Killer Whale PvE because can’t understand simple tasks... They are stupid and WG know this, so they milk them with this kind of events, if you are not that idiot, just wait for the free release and don’t give your money to WG, they don’t deserve them... 

And you'll have to spend doubloons to buy the permanent camouflage instead of receiving it as a reward in missions.

This is only humble opinion: I don’t like perma camos because their bonuses are usually lower compared to consumable special camos, during this early access events I usually spend my temporary tokens in consumable camos, like the Italian or the British one, or the rusty camo of the Benham event, so I don’t ever see the need to spend doubloons on permanent ones.

But this is just a matter of personal taste, so is not an argumentation against your point.

You'll have to spend XP and credits to buy ships and modules! 

Yeah, another personal taste: I usually like to play new lines that interest me from the beginning: started Italian cruisers and Russian BBs from tier 5, for example... 

If for you this is not a value, good for you, it means that you are richer than me.

Yes, my account has something like 2mln free XP,  20k doubloons and 35k steel, but it’s because I’m really stingy :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

@OP Well if you are really interested in the line you shoud consider that you can get 10k gold worth of T10 permacamos (never discounted) and around 5-10k gold (depends if discounted or not) T6-10 permacamo + a T5 permacamo otherwise unawailable by any means...

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
8 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Not in the slightest; I just have to moderate my language sometimes (having got a warning for a 'beer and ladies of negotiable affection won't buy themselves' joke a while back)...!

This. They key problem with earlier events was that plenty of people got nowt; this one, if you do the directives, you are extremely unlikely not to get at least one ship - that seems rather fairer to me too.

I can really do without the RNG elements, but the old methodology included them, only the split between lucky and unlucky was a lot greater than the present mechanic. I think we're stuck with RNG - I think I recall people sharing articles in the past explaining why game designers love random elements; I also recall thinking that this aspect of games is clearly not designed for me, but it is what it is. I don't really like stealth elements in FPS games either, but they still keep turning up - like WOWS, it's my choice whether or not I participate/play the game.

If I were going to suggest a tweak to the current event mechanics, it would be to have all the permaflages available in one long grind that could be done with any/all of the early release ships (with higher tiers requiring incrementally higher xp 'steps', presumably); I feel the current model is perhaps counter-productive, if the aim is to make people play more - I've done the maths and I think the best I can hope for is the T7 permaflage (and maybe the T8, if I get spectacularly lucky); this calculation makes large chunks of the event irrelevant for me, and - crucially - not worth playing more for.

Please do not advertise your local tart shop on the forum. :Smile_trollface:

As for rewards of value tied to randomness, while it seems fair on the surface the effects will multiply over time. Wasn't the Albemarle an early access ship too? If so, in the previous those who got that had a significant advantage in terms of tokens over those that didn't, because for the Heart of Oak you needed one of three ships. Apart from the Albermarle, you could only get the London after finishing directive 4 (very late in the event) or give WG your money to pay for the Cheshire.

WG is acting like the Cheshire cat, grinning all the way to the bank while you watch your money disappear along with him.

Not happy about this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,384 posts
20,508 battles
16 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

WG is acting like the Cheshire cat, grinning all the way to the bank while you watch your money disappear along with him.

Not happy about this.

There is a simple solution for that.

Spoiler

Stop spending money on these plonkers.

• Cool 5

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles
42 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

while it seems fair on the surface

RNG per se isn't fair (I may not have been clear enough, although I did say I can do without it) almost by definition; what I was trying to get across is that the current event is fairer - IMO - than what has gone before.

Previous iterations (like the RN CAs, French DDs and so on) tended to have a range - based on luck - of essentially nothing all the way up to lots, in terms of what you actually got. Meanwhile the current thing, assuming you do the directives, all but guarantees that you'll get at least one free ship, which strikes me as fairer than the previous versions - on balance of probabilities.

Of course, the high end of what you can win is still wildy variable, but that speaks to my not-entirely-complimentary comments about game designers' love of RNG/gambling elements.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

RNG per se isn't fair (I may not have been clear enough, although I did say I can do without it) almost by definition; what I was trying to get across is that the current event is fairer - IMO - than what has gone before.

Previous iterations (like the RN CAs, French DDs and so on) tended to have a range - based on luck - of essentially nothing all the way up to lots, in terms of what you actually got. Meanwhile the current thing, assuming you do the directives, all but guarantees that you'll get at least one free ship, which strikes me as fairer than the previous versions - on balance of probabilities.

Of course, the high end of what you can win is still wildy variable, but that speaks to my not-entirely-complimentary comments about game designers' love of RNG/gambling elements.

Right, I understand that. I also think that in order to be fair, the rewards have to be proportionate to either time/effort and/or money spent towards the event. While it can, in terms of fairness, include varying elements of randomness, IMO that cannot be tied to either time, effort or money, the random element has to work more like a wheel of fortune in that case.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,409 posts
14,934 battles
17 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I also think that in order to be fair, the rewards have to be proportionate to either time/effort and/or money spent towards the event.

100% agree.

For 'true' fairness, WG would have to strip out RNG for the key elements at least and - unfortunately - their enthusiasm seems exactly to be the contrary. So, given their current tendencies, the present thing is fairer compared to what went before.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles

So much wrong here..

I

16 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

15 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Ciao Bics93,

I answer to you because I know you a little and I hope you do not be offended, but have you carefully read my post? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Did you not realize that what they previously gave you as a reward to complete the events now practically 4/5, will you have to buy it?
  • In the past, you won early access up to tier 8, completing all the event directives, and without any random intrusion!
  • In the past, they gave you excellent premium ships by completing a particular event. (And not like they did with Puerto Rico that completing the absurdly difficult event did the honor of making you pay for a ship at a discounted price.)
  • In the past, you won special permanent camouflages by winning a second event! (now, to get them you will have to pay)
  • In the past, you won special captains by completing an event or campaign! (in the future, what will they invent to make you pay for it?)
  • Etc. etc.

! :cap_old:

Before you had a Randome chance of getting the ships by completing the events.  many only getting one or NON of the ships from the random drops. with 10-140 tokens per drop all should get at least the first 2 if they unlock all the crates from the campain if they get the twitch crates as well there is a total of what 31 crates (22 from campain) (3 from daily drops) and (6 from Twitch) to to get the first 3 ship syou need an avarage of 40 a crate.

Before you MAY if YOUR VERY LUCKY get access to the tier VIII and often get non at all..

The Premiam captain comes in part 2 of the campain next patch. same as last time

You get the permenent camo for each ship you unlock like last time. This time and for the first time ever  you get to maybe get a Perma Camo for the tier X tech line DD(but you will need to spend some Dubloons and/or free XP to get a realistic chance) we have never had this before

Last campains we got a PREM ship in phase 2. we do not know what Phase 2 is yet we may get a prem ship. (there is a tier 8 Prem DD in testing.)

For the record, the WG with this attitude also risks in many European states, given that this mode (where random is the primary variable for the awarding of prizes) and regulated by special laws on gambling, (and in some cases even prohibited to certain users)

The crates were but the ship drops in the last few campains were not the ship drop was random. this is much less Random.

I completed every mission in the RN Heavy Cruises and my last but one drop gave me the tier VI thats all i got

Ciao Bics93,

Also you know, that they will be searchable in the next patch does not mean that they will be given for free, right? :Smile_trollface:
You'll have to spend XP and credits to buy ships and modules! And you'll have to spend doubloons to buy the permanent camouflage instead of receiving it as a reward in missions.
If for you this is not a value, good for you, it means that you are richer than me. :Smile_playing:

Normaly Perma camo are locked behind dubloons WG give you a chance to get some for free and you complain :Smile_facepalm:

????? What is your point this is early access to eliviate the deluge of the ships you used to get on release before they started the early access.. back in the day in the week or 2 after the release.. (IE German BB) que up in tier 7 or 8 Ship the BB's would all be Bismarks and Gneisenaus. If we could all get them for free it would brake mechanics of the game.

And answering everyone else ...

I have indicated this event and the other precedents just to point out, which economic philosophy the WG has adopted in recent times with the various events.
Instead you have fossilized the topic, only and only thinking that the prizes are easy to obtain later.

Does this mean that you are fine with this new way of doing WG?
Is that okay, just because we are in the WG forum and are you "afraid" to express your sincere opinions? (opinions that strangely many users but other places express much, much more easily)
Is that okay, because for example with WoTs or others with other games have they done worse?

If so, then mine is a losing battle, Amen! :cap_old:

This is by fare the best early access they have done since the RN BB's then we got flags and the ships for free on release if we had got the flag (and tier VI was the max you could get). (mission we grindy but easy) we got no commander or free prem ship or Perma camoes)

The one thing i dont like about this campain is i think you should have had a choice of what ships to buy.. Not have to buy them in seqientual order..  know you would not get 5 ship missions done to unlock the tier X camoes and you were not buying Smalland. well you could hord the tokens and if you got 1000 get the tier IX ship.  If you have the Smalland andwant the tier X camos buy the tier V-VI and VII for that 1200 tokens your choice. But saying that you could be sure the tier VIII and IX would have been a lot more than 800 and 1000 repectavly if they had given us the choice

I currently have had 1030 tokens with 450 coming from 5 Prem containers (my choice i have a larg amount of Dubloons and nothing to spend it on) and with 4.7mill free XP i got the Smalland as well, so thats 580 from 10 containers. so an avarage of 58 a container

Is there more work to be done yes. comparing this to the paurtoRico mess is just insane

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this