Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xBamBamx

IJN Carriers - fantastic

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
295 posts
65 battles

Whats funny are the threads that pop up 10 minutes after release by people complaining about this that and everything.  I understand that Essex players are annoyed as its a big change for them and they ground hard to get that far, just remember that you lose all that work anyway with the wipe and then once more at OBT soft wipe.  The introduction of new lines is great and the more we play the more data WG have in order to address the balance.  No way they can please everyone as many have different expectations.

In my opinion the IJN carriers are amaaazing, ive just had 5 kills in Ryujo and cant wait to get to the tier 8.    It takes a different style of play, one that suits me in that the CV has to be closer to the action in order to take advantage of the fast turnaround.  Who needs fighters!  3 squads of torps and 2 of bombers and use bombers to spot or distract enemy fighters.  I am at the same time playing US CV with pure fighter loadouts, the only gripe I have is the MM putting my US CV against a team with no carriers!  what do I do, spot? yes but that's soooooo boring, i actually pressed alt tab to surf the net while passive spotting here and there, crap, MM needs to address this issue, even if it means waiting longer in the queue.

Some of the comments on the other threads make me laugh - chill out, its only been a few hours!

Edited by _SeamanStaines_

Alpha Tester
1,025 posts

Ryujo is Hell of Fun .. and Hiryu is hell himself!

till now only 3 games done, 127'289 damage average, best Game 151'363 damage done.. 2,33 warships destroyed average...

rly funny cv's and i can't wait for Shokaku :trollface:

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

As I have written Ryujo is the ultimate light carrier. There is nothing this girl lacks and she has more than enough punch to win a permanent port slot. Ryujo is fun. 

Shokaku is another big win for the IJN CV line. 

Why did you even necro this thread though... 

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

I've only got the Hosho myself but I've taken a liking to her already. a  goodsolid speed means she can keep up with the BBs and those secondaries are pretty mean. her AA is a little lack luster so Ive taken to keeping the fighter squadron load-out on board and close to hand unless intercepting enemy TBs

its a risky tactic but Ive taken to keeping her in the main fleet as they advance either in the center to keep the fighters  and TB's closer to hand (if i ever get a good picture ill show) or around 5Km from the  front to provide rapid turn around on the air support.

now if only I can get used to manual Torpedo drops and Ill be a pig in proverbial s**t! im getting there but I still need to get used to judging speed better

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

I guess I had my fun already in the CVs. US is garbage and they make IJN garbage also. Can't wait to hit at best 6 out of 12 torps, because spread is so wide it physically can not hit more. Can't wait for new players get easy hits without any skill because spread is so wide. Can't wait to see high level players doing a slalom between my torps. Also all those times that I hit destroyer with my torps? Will never happen again.  I am indeed so excited for that patch... Can't wait for it. 
https%3A%2F%2Faspera-aod.s3.amazonaws.co

I know I am over reacting, but... What the hell this is...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

it`s fun because carrier gameplay has been completely broken by the 3.1 patch.

You think so? Wait for tomorrow then.

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

is now a bad time to try carriers?

i had a couple matches in Langly before, but i had to sell it because i needed urgent credis.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

If the spread is really like that then they should buff the torpedo damage to the 25k values we saw in PT server.

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,163 battles

If the spread is really like that then they should buff the torpedo damage to the 25k values we saw in PT server.

That still seems like a bad deal all around - takes the skill out of playing carriers completely.

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
193 posts
4,207 battles

just remember that you lose all that work anyway with the wipe and then once more at OBT soft wipe. 

What do you mean by that any way i throught there was only 1 wipe and that would be at the OBT and would be a hard wipe and remove every thing apart form pre order ships/gold.

Alpha Tester
65 posts
4,905 battles

That still seems like a bad deal all around - takes the skill out of playing carriers completely.

Skill? We don't need skill! Don't you remember that CVs are like arty? Just point and click then collect  all angry points!

/End of sarcasm

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

What do you mean no skill, it is HARD to random hit with a shotgun you know.

This is not something that I think I will enjoy much.

Players
184 posts

it`s fun because carrier gameplay has been completely broken by the 3.1 patch.

More so :( Makes me wounder what the people at WG are doing.

Beta Tester
512 posts
671 battles

What's going on with Carriers? The torp spread has been widened so easier to dodge? My Hosho seems to have a pretty narrow torp spread when using manual aiming....

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

What's going on with Carriers? The torp spread has been widened so easier to dodge? My Hosho seems to have a pretty narrow torp spread when using manual aiming....

The patch will come tom...later today :D

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,265 posts
7,850 battles

they smoking rly good stuff in WG. IJN is unplayable u cant take fighters coz u will not make dmg but if u will take setup without and there will be USN CV on the other side u will not make any dmg as well. 

AFK BB have skill to doge torpedos :) even more than 50%

http://speedy.sh/m2cRn/20150529-074241-PJSA015-Taiho-1944-16-OC-bees-to-honey.wowsreplay

btw they forgot to mention that torpedos  from IJN planes got nerf on speed and now they have same speed as USN

Edited by azell

Beta Tester
48 posts
1,841 battles

I found the trick for me was - DON'T PLAY THEM LIKE A USN CV! lol

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,265 posts
7,850 battles

dont play them at all

there is no point of that. So now the DD will be king of the battlefield coz there will be 0 CV in battles

Beta Tester
133 posts
1,279 battles

Well, I guess with that spread, it is also the end of IJN carriers, time to like EVERYONE around here: War of Battleships!!!!

Was not enough to give the BBs the ability to turn like pole dancers? NOOOOOO You guys Wargaming had to nerf the IJN CVs.... Hope your people who worked their [edited]off for the models and dynamics of the CVs are happy that no f++++ one will use them!

Hope it is a beta thing, cause I am considering not following up the game when released with such BS...

• Cool 5

Sailing Hamster
1,545 posts
3,274 battles

Playing vs izumo. 16 torps in water he is not avoiding. Get hit by 9 he crying about op IJN carrier. Before patch he would ate 14-16 and go to garage. QQ still stronk

Sign in to follow this