You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dongi_2018

Getting premium Moskwa, how far would you go to get it?

67 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
45 posts
6,562 battles

I am interested to get my hands on the Moskwa, just to get the Premium when it changes. Doing so will cost me a good chunk of my FXP ( currently at 700k and progressed just 20 k in my Shchors ) and all of my silver just to buy the Moskwa. Kirov is already in the pocket for the future change though.

i like the sov cl line and would be happy to grind it slow and steady but I will never be on time for the Moskwa switch. And the idea of having to pay 240k ish coal afterwards does not sit well. Although with the current ships still available for coal she would be a very low priority.

i am leveling my silverlines at a steady pace with all lines ( except cv and pan Asia dd which I ignore) at either T6 or T7. So not that interested in T10 yet but I already missed out on Smolensk ( won’t get coal in time  )and don’t want to mis the chance to get Moskwa easy. But 700k FXP is also 70% Alaska...

So I am a bit in doubt, yes I can get the Moskwa with only using free ingame currency but it will set me back on especially FXP that comes slow due to no flags/ mostly free play gaming. Credits will be earned back so that’s not that much of a problem since I would just stop buying regular silver ships for some time when I tier up.

So how far would you go? For the people afloat with FXP, credits and Moskwa already researched its no big deal but I would like to hear your opinion.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,752 posts
9,747 battles

i was like 20k into Chapa, then i decided [edited]it, i dont need any FreeXP ship which they will offer in the near future (even less so if they are overpriced, 2~2,5 times the amount of 1 line freeXPing to TX).

So i freeXPed Donskoi and Moskva right after it. Ofc i had 1,5 million FreeXP, so not that big of a deal actually.

And even more of an issue for me is, that i enjoy other T8-9 ships more than grinding specific ships. Rather enjoy some ships, and freeXP the rest.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,908 posts
15,122 battles
39 minutes ago, Dongi_2018 said:

So how far would you go? For the people afloat with FXP, credits and Moskwa already researched its no big deal but I would like to hear your opinion.

You have still time (7+ weeks).

Load your RU cruisers with XP camos and signals and keep playing.

Even if you do not manage it, you will save loads of FXP by playing until the last day and skipping the rest with FXP before the patch.

• Cool 10

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts

Just keep grinding, you have at least 2 mth till split, you can grind like 3 lines to t10 in that time...

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

With the right camo/signal choice you can grind pretty quickly through the lines.

I recently reset the RU cruiser line and after announcing that the split will come I FXP'd my way to the Kirov (stock). From there on it was: 8 games to the Budyonny, 19 games from the Budyonny (stock) to the Shchors, and a further 21 games from the Shchors to the Chappayev. So in total ... 120 to 140 games and you're at the Moskva?

I'd suggest: Grind  the line as far as you come and then you can decide a few days before the split happens if you want to invest FXP or not.

• Cool 3

[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles

You could probably get her with coal later.

Don't lose your mind for a single ship and play when you really want it, game should not become a chore.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
4 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

I'd suggest: Grind  the line as far as you come and then you can decide a few days before the split happens if you want to invest FXP or not.

I'm doing exactly this (with a bit of side-tracking to get the Ikea permaflages).

We've probably got at least seven weeks still to go: roughly three more left of the current patch, then about four for the one after (Ikea, part 2); I'm assuming that the split will be the patch after that.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, Dongi_2018 said:

I am interested to get my hands on the Moskwa, just to get the Premium when it changes. Doing so will cost me a good chunk of my FXP ( currently at 700k and progressed just 20 k in my Shchors ) and all of my silver just to buy the Moskwa. Kirov is already in the pocket for the future change though.

i like the sov cl line and would be happy to grind it slow and steady but I will never be on time for the Moskwa switch. And the idea of having to pay 240k ish coal afterwards does not sit well. Although with the current ships still available for coal she would be a very low priority.

i am leveling my silverlines at a steady pace with all lines ( except cv and pan Asia dd which I ignore) at either T6 or T7. So not that interested in T10 yet but I already missed out on Smolensk ( won’t get coal in time  )and don’t want to mis the chance to get Moskwa easy. But 700k FXP is also 70% Alaska...

So I am a bit in doubt, yes I can get the Moskwa with only using free ingame currency but it will set me back on especially FXP that comes slow due to no flags/ mostly free play gaming. Credits will be earned back so that’s not that much of a problem since I would just stop buying regular silver ships for some time when I tier up.

I had only a million FXP and i was at Chappa when i started.

I used, economic flags (not special ones) and economic cammos i did 77 battles with Chappa ) i started with a 8 point captain or less), 47 with Donskoy, all equiped with those bonus, I also played other ships because reasons (to do Directives), all were equipped with economic camos. (i dismounted the perma camo on all of them)

So, Budyonny, Nurnberg, Bayern, Shchors, Nicholas, Bismarck, Gneisenau, all contributed for the FXP that was necessary to get Moskva, in the case i would not get Moskva through Donskoy.

In the end it wasn't necessary, i did it via Donskoy and now i have a surplus of FXP above 300 k plus the million i already had.

TLDR :

every ship that you play, put some camo and flag that give you FXP bonus

Moskva cost 265 k + what donskoy will cost + what chappa will cost + the modules of every ship .

If i was in your position i would add the special flags ( dragons and what not) on top of that.

p.s. 7 weeks to the split? I thought it was next thursday (01-04-2020)

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles

It's a free T10 premium so to say. The grind is just as the regular would be. Take your time. Try to get the daily win exp bonus and you will have it in no time. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
9 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

p.s. 7 weeks to the split? I thought it was next thursday (01-04-2020)

Unlikely - WG generally try and give each 'major' event its own time-slot, and the next patch is the second part of the Ikea DDs - full release in the tech tree and - I think - the unique captain.

• Cool 2

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles

I'd say - grind the line and decide once they announce the removal of the Moskva.

Imo ships can be grinded pretty fast in WoWs if you're using a 100% camo and the 50% flag alone. I think i needed ~60 games in my T9 BBs to reach T10 for example. As the new russian CLs aren't even out to test yet, ~2 months sounds like a safe bet.

Players
1,982 posts
8,441 battles

You can get a T10 premium for less than 1000,000 FreeXP. That's a deal compared to Smaland. I bought mine before the patch to have a chance for grinding the legendary module, without resetting anything. I basically freeXP-ed the entire line from Tier3. I expected Smaland to be for 2000,000 XP, even before it was announced, because the public poll was a ploy, IMHO. So I didn't care about freeXP ships (I have the Alaska already).

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,307 posts
11,665 battles

you still have a lot of time to complete that grind.

you don't need to spend any fexp on it.

It would only be a choice of grinding - not grinding.

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
44 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You have still time (7+ weeks).

Load your RU cruisers with XP camos and signals and keep playing.

Even if you do not manage it, you will save loads of FXP by playing until the last day and skipping the rest with FXP before the patch.

AFAIK the split will be with update 9.3

I have heard people suggest that that update will be in 3 weeks rather than 7. How certain is the date of that update? Just wondering... though I expect I should be able to get there in time anyway.

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles

Focus on grinding the RU Cruisers, and one day before the patch hits, spend the rest with Free XP, assumikng you're not done by then.

When i reset the line the last time, it took me roundabout two weeks to get the Moskva back.

Without wasting too many XP camos.

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Unlikely - WG generally try and give each 'major' event its own time-slot, and the next patch is the second part of the Ikea DDs - full release in the tech tree and - I think - the unique captain.

That is what I thought as well - giving us about 7 weeks.

Yet I have come across people suggesting that it will be in 3 weeks, since there wiill be no 'second part' of this patch.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

AFAIK the split will be with update 9.3

Doubt that. 0.9.3 Developer Bulletin just came out and mentioned NOTHING about the RU cruiser split. So ... 0.9.4 is our best bet.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,908 posts
15,122 battles
1 minute ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

That is what I thought as well - giving us about 7 weeks.

Yet I have come across people suggesting that it will be in 3 weeks, since there wiill be no 'second part' of this patch.

And how do we get the remaining EU DD?

They get their own patch.

Feel free to read the 9.3 Dev Blog news of today.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

So they missed/ignored: https://worldofwarships.eu/news/public-test/bulletin-093/ obviously - and the dev-blogs before. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
18 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

Further evidence - if it were needed - that not everyone reads all the news stories that WG put out! (WG, take note!) In a similar vein, I've had several serious requests for smoke when driving my Ikea DDs...!

Have a butchers at this: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-093/

I think the chances of something as major as the cruiser split being in this patch without a single mention in the supporting news story are pretty small; when you recall that said split involves Russian ships (and given how insecure the Russians are about their 'glorious' naval record) that probability drops to vanishingly small...

• Funny 1

Players
1,150 posts
23,858 battles

Moskva is a nice ship and worth getting. That said, try to conserve your free exp and credits. You can skip some ship modules and upgrades on t8 and t9 to save credits.

• Cool 2