You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seargent_Nigel

Help with specing Smaland

8 comments in this topic

Players
136 posts
14,683 battles

Have Smaland but find it difficult to set fires even with high rate of hits - 46 hits on cruiser - no fire at all - flying India X ray & Victor Lima.

Its the same with most BB's I hit (hit plenty times) - occasional fire on DD's - can I spec or do anything different to get fires?

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Not really. It's mostly RNG. 

I've head games in the Kitakaze where I had only 3 or 4 fires and other games where I had 15 to 20 fires. 

Don't base RNG related entities (like fire) on one game!

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts
34 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Have Smaland but find it difficult to set fires even with high rate of hits - 46 hits on cruiser - no fire at all - flying India X ray & Victor Lima.

Its the same with most BB's I hit (hit plenty times) - occasional fire on DD's - can I spec or do anything different to get fires?

The radar shoud be a hint what this DD is for...

As for fires apart from NOT taking IFHE and taking BFT + DE + MBM3 (max shell output) and the fire flags no, you cant..

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, Seargent_Nigel ha scritto:

Have Smaland but find it difficult to set fires even with high rate of hits

Farming fires on BB shouldn’t be your main role, get a Smolenks instead.

Smaland has radar and heal to contest caps against enemy DDs and heal after the engagement, you should build the ship around getting more consumables and more DPM as possible to enhance this role, torping and getting fires on distracted targets should be considered secondary roles... 

Players
136 posts
14,683 battles

I know I'll have to adapt a different play style to other DD's I have with this ship.

I just thought that a ship that has such a high rate of fire power would have a good advantage of setting fires to get some decent damage as actual hit points are very low with the guns.

Its a great shame that it does not have smoke as it would have made it so much better, as if your spotted  your doomed very quickly ! lol

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
18 minuti fa, Seargent_Nigel ha scritto:

Its a great shame that it does not have smoke as it would have made it so much better, as if your spotted  your doomed very quickly ! lol

It would have been unbalanced...  

[JRM]
Players
7,196 posts
51 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Yeesss a DD with great gun DPM, smoke, radar, heal and 80kt torpedos... What could go wrong there... :Smile_trollface:

Even Black without heal and 80 kt fish can make your life in nearly any other DD utter misery...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PHL]
Beta Tester
338 posts
18,241 battles
4 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Farming fires on BB shouldn’t be your main role, get a Smolenks instead.

Mission for Permacamo...