You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin: Update 0.9.3

31 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
  • Campaign for a commander: finally. Now the next campaign needs to be for Lütjens. However, the time-limit of 6 months was absolutely not needed or desired. Campaigns were interesting because there was no time-limit to them at all, allowing players to complete them at their very own pace and desire. Please don't change that. 
  • Flag-buttons. Took WG long enough, but it's finally here. Next: some banks of presets we can use to create custom layouts of flags for certain uses and ships so we can deck out our ships quickly.
  • Ranked Sprint at T9/10: no, just no. Sprint was meant as mid-tier content, keep it there
  • Matchmaker changes: eh, looks decent on paper, but we'll see how it turns out IRL.

• Cool 5

Players
1,219 posts
16,992 battles

Great to see the return of campaigns for a special commander and it sounds promising the improvements to the match maker, this certainly appears to be very promising update.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
4 posts
9,008 battles

For a change, an update that doesn't have me up in arms and waving a pitchfork. :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
14,475 battles

List of changes to Match-making

For Tier VII–X battles, we’ve introduced a limit on the minimum number of ships two tiers lower than the battle tier.

What limits?

We’ve introduced a limit on the maximum number of ships whose tier corresponds to the battle tier, with the exception of battles where all ships are of the same tier.

What limits?

We’ve updated the settings that restrict the number of ships of a specific type in a battle.

What restrictions?

This is basically saying.. Hear is the grey cloud, we are going to change a few things but it still looks like a grey cloud.

• Cool 3

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
19 posts

As long we can get a hold on the Stalins and not a few top players who can use thos monsters out, specially in ranked games.

So thnx WG for these unfair way of playing.

Players
144 posts

It's always good to see improvements to matchmaking and  a campaign for the new commander will be a  nice change as well, I don't bother with ranked although I really enjoyed 1 vs 1 and got to rank one with the Prinz Eugen I'd like to see ranked drop down a few tiers sa T7 where there are less Gob Shite Nelson wanna be's :cap_horn:  I think this would  encourage newer players into participating more, but that's just my opinion. Anything New heading for the shop WG???

[STAFU]
Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

>> You'll be able to mount up to 21 signals in total.

So we can expect to come across players who have all 12 combat signals mounted!

I've no problem with how many Economic and Special signals someone has mounted as those just improve their earning for a match, but sticking all the combat signals on a ship can effect the outcome of a match.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
3 minutes ago, Olr_Relic said:

So we can expect to come across players who have all 12 combat signals mounted!

IIRC, the limit of 8 combat signals still exists, but now we can mount 13 economic signals on top of those 8 (8 special ones + 5 regular ones), so we don't have to choose between powergrinding credits/xp/freexp/commander xp and battle-performance. You can't mount 9 combat signals and 12 economic signals.

[VENOM]
Players
102 posts
3,402 battles

I have a question...in this devblog, you said Unique Upgrades would come back into RB in 0.9.2...

So, this is the dev bulletin of 0.9.3 and there's still no info about them as far as I can see.

Should we expect something soon or we still have to wait an additional update cycle (if that's enough)?

• Cool 3

[T-N-T]
Players
3,360 posts
15,027 battles

The Campaign will remain available for 6 months after the release of Update 0.9.3.

Seriously?! :fish_palm:

You just cannot keep a feature that works, can you? When you put early access UK CAs in bundles instead of containers, you removed the finite amount restriction of available bundles. So you took the one positive of those bundles: knowedge that if you grind enough ressources, eventually you must get all the available ships (or any at all).

Now you remove what actually makes campaigns great (minus temporary Christmas campaigns) downgrading them to what amounts to a simple mission chain the like of which you keep flooding the game with.

Shame, WG, shame!

• Cool 5

[T-N-T]
Players
3,360 posts
15,027 battles
52 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

IIRC, the limit of 8 combat signals still exists, but now we can mount 13 economic signals on top of those 8 (8 special ones + 5 regular ones), so we don't have to choose between powergrinding credits/xp/freexp/commander xp and battle-performance. You can't mount 9 combat signals and 12 economic signals.

Correct, such is the description in the article as well:

The restriction on the number of special and economic signals mounted on a ship has been removed, while the limit of eight combat signals on a ship remains active. You'll be able to mount up to 21 signals in total.

- Otherwise, as noted above, the matchmaker changes appear nice, but since nothing concrete has been elaborated, hard to tell really.

- On the other hand, Ranked Sprint moving to the high tiers as well (particularly T10) is plain bulls*it. I want T4, T5, T6 and/or T7 Ranked, Sprints or regular (without CVs, naturally).

• Cool 1

[C4K3]
Players
117 posts
8,329 battles
5 hours ago, MrFingers said:
  • Campaign for a commander: finally. Now the next campaign needs to be for Lütjens. However, the time-limit of 6 months was absolutely not needed or desired. Campaigns were interesting because there was no time-limit to them at all, allowing players to complete them at their very own pace and desire. Please don't change that. 
  • Flag-buttons. Took WG long enough, but it's finally here. Next: some banks of presets we can use to create custom layouts of flags for certain uses and ships so we can deck out our ships quickly.
  • Ranked Sprint at T9/10: no, just no. Sprint was meant as mid-tier content, keep it there
  • Matchmaker changes: eh, looks decent on paper, but we'll see how it turns out IRL.

Why time limit the campaign. we proberbly fix it but how about newcommers

[C4K3]
Players
117 posts
8,329 battles
7 minutes ago, 416taylor said:

Why time limit the campaign. we proberbly fix it but how about newcommers

I would like to see a uniqe commander with special talents in a swedish uniform. there is one polish dd and eight swedish and then there is that ship where the AA-defens is the crew standing on deck shooting with their sidearms

[CZSL]
Players
25 posts
3,434 battles

6 months for a champain look good... suitable for slowly playing captains like me...:cap_cool: but polish captain needs better skils... like russian one :Smile_trollface:

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
210 posts
15,296 battles

"Update 0.9.3 will host the 11th Season of Ranked Sprints in a 12 versus 12 format, playing Tier IX–X ships in the Arms Race mode."
1) What? is this a typo? 12 vs 12?
How on earth can we get to rank 1 in Test Server in 12 vs 12 games????? Even Random battles arent full of players most of the times!!!!
Do the ppl that come up with these settings ever played on PTS?

2) I hope this is just a stupid idea for PTS and nor for Live Server. In 7 vs 7 one can surpass the idiot playing in our team and the smolensk that is only there for the star, but if its 12 vs 12, and looking at how many battles in Random that one side totally overmatches the other, im seing a lot of players ranting and quitting paying WG any money...

New Campaign:
- 6 months time limit? So, are you guys going to [edited]this up by placing stupidly high requirements so that only hardcore captains can end it? Or in such a way that only high tiers can finish it, f.ing all the new and still excited with the game? Or will it be extremely easy so that its not even a challenge?

MM:

- Sounds like good modifications on the way, lets see how it goes in reality.

[C4K3]
Players
117 posts
8,329 battles
7 hours ago, Admirality said:

6 months for a champain look good... suitable for slowly playing captains like me...:cap_cool: but polish captain needs better skils... like russian one :Smile_trollface:

you know, that alians is gone

[R_N_G]
Players
212 posts

Now that we can use all the economic flags at once... how will new directives and missions look like, I wonder? "Get 20k experience in one match X times? Receive 1kk free exp within one week"? Will Pay2Rico directives become the new standard, now that we "just" need to mount all flags in every match to fulfill them?

It might be just another doom prophecy, but 2kk free exp for the Smaland will give WG a good impression of wha players would be willing to pay. Especially now that they made it "easier" to get those numbers - if you have the flags, that is. Thank goodness you can buy them in the premium shop.

• Ranked sprints in high tiers are awful. But I am sure NTC really helps with more people playing lowtier, so who needs them anyway. /s
  • Matchmaker will yet have to be seen ingame to properly evaluate it
  • UI improvements are welcome

Yours sincerely,

Easha

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,845 posts
3,422 battles
20 hours ago, CastorTolagi said:

No words about the Unique Upgrades moving to NTC?!

Hi, 

The unique upgrades will be indeed available in the Research Bureau starting update 9.3. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1