Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tender_penetration

Should I drag my AA-gunners under the keel..

22 comments in this topic

[DAGON]
Players
8 posts
5,519 battles

..or should I give them less rum and vodka?

tk.png.d2eaf376c771c84343c7557517899cc3.png

How this is even possible? Only planes in the sky was couple of our spotting aircraft and my sailors decided to shoot one of them down. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles

seems to be a new bug.. had that a couple days ago, too..

Can't be your AA guys, though... everybody knows AA in this game is useless... ^^

• Funny 4

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles

Must be Weegee's newest AA carrier nerf. Now both allied and enemy AA fires at aircraft.

• Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts

Look closer, they jumped ship long ago. :Smile_trollface:

Seriously speaking, this is the second thread I've seen about it. Must be some new exciting bug. New content at last!

Players
267 posts
11,407 battles

I've just had this exact same bug in my Moskva!!, replay submitted in a ticket

1326443019_unsportingconduct.thumb.png.865b2322bd53e7dda1f7cf6f5bb1e481.png

Thinking I need to cut down my AA gunner Vodka ration....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles
19 hours ago, arcticstorm123 said:

Thinking I need to cut down my AA gunner Vodka ration....

Quite the opposite... russian AA gunners need at least a bottle Vodka at each attack to aim properly...

Everybody knows that the proper dosage of Vodka doubles the number of attacking planes seen which enhances the chances to hit them... ^^

• Funny 3

Players
4,605 posts
7,604 battles

Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un AA gunner pour encourager les autres.............

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts
6 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un AA gunner pour encourager les autres.............

Huh? :Smile_amazed: Come again, matey.

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

I do remember a VERY old bug about spotter planes actually attacking enemy CV planes like a fighter plane did.
Also in the WG fix log there was something along the lines that they scolded their pilots and they promised never do it again.

• Funny 1

Players
4,605 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Okay, checked it out. Didn't know you south of the border folk were part of the Soviet Union.:Smile_trollface:

Really?  I would suggest that the case suggests the exact opposite.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts
14 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Really?  I would suggest that the case suggests the exact opposite.

Well at least at the time, like first find the suitable guilty party (I mean) suspect, then a suitable crime and you are all set to go, 'justice' a la Soviet Union.

Seriously speaking, a similar practice as in Byng's case was also practiced in Imperial Russia, as in the case of the battle of Tsushima. IIRC the commanding officers were first handed death sentences, later commuted to prison time. Could be wrong about the details but that's how it went roughly.

Players
267 posts
11,407 battles

Ok I have a reply to my ticket:

Hello arcticstorm123,

Thank you for submitting your ticket to the wargaming support.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.

Regarding this issue, our development team is aware of the situation. We are working on a patch to fix it as soon as possible. For now we have no E.T.A. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this makes the situation more clear, Commander.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

Kind regards,

Soooo....bug!

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,401 posts
2,117 battles
17 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

Soooo....bug!

Yes!

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Sehales sagte:

Yes!

@Panocek and me tried our best to replicate this in the training room but nothing we tried worked (and we tried everything)

What is causing friendly AA to shoot down a single plane? And mostly a single plane every time if you are allowed to share .. ?

Players
267 posts
11,407 battles

I think this may be a bug in the end report, I have just watched the replay and there is no notification in chat at any time, also the line up on my side for this game was as follows (not exactly a spotter plane heavy line up):

line_up_bug.png

Players
133 posts
2,912 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

@Panocek and me tried our best to replicate this in the training room but nothing we tried worked (and we tried everything)

What is causing friendly AA to shoot down a single plane? And mostly a single plane every time if you are allowed to share .. ?

I think it is like this - you and an allied ship (which has fighters or spotters in the air), with the ally being somewhere in the long range (aka flak) of your aa. Now we throw in enemy planes. Your aa goes up and flak clouds damage both allied and enemy planes indiscriminately. At least that's my best working theory for that.

Edited by mein_nick_ist_besetzt
make it actually understandable :/

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
34 minutes ago, mein_nick_ist_besetzt said:

I think it is like this - you and an allied ship (which has fighters or spotters in the air), with the ally being somewhere in the long range (aka flak) of your aa. Now we throw in enemy planes. Your aa goes up and flak clouds damage both allied and enemy planes indiscriminately. At least that's my best working theory for that.

Flak doesn't render for friendlies and does no harm, as was tested by overlapping mine and Yoshanai TB squadron and then flying through flak. Fighters don't do damage as well.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,401 posts
2,117 battles
2 hours ago, arcticstorm123 said:

I think this may be a bug in the end report, I have just watched the replay and there is no notification in chat at any time, also the line up on my side for this game was as follows (not exactly a spotter plane heavy line up):

line_up_bug.png

I wasn't able to reproduce it myself, but it seems like that yes.

Either way, developers are already aware of it and will fix it soon™. There is no penalty or drawback from it. It just looks weird.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this