Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tw53

IJN or USS BB

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts

IJN or USS BB , which do I go for.....cant decide which I want more so please help me choose......:(

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

IJN or USS BB , which do I go for.....cant decide which I want more so please help me choose......:(

doesnt matter go for both i would say because after CBT you will start from 0 soooo

Beta Tester
399 posts
4,789 battles

doesnt matter go for both i would say because after CBT you will start from 0 soooo

Yeah but right now I prefer USN BBs as they feel more like proper BBs, IJNs early ones are more BC ish and rely on range (untill tier VIII) eventually both lines turn similiar at VIII but the USN ones are better at long range engagments but worse at short? (Dont know armor profile but thats how they were designed). 

Currently I am on New York and its a blast to play.

Alpha Tester
219 posts

Yeah but right now I prefer USN BBs as they feel more like proper BBs, IJNs early ones are more BC ish and rely on range (untill tier VIII) eventually both lines turn similiar at VIII but the USN ones are better at long range engagments but worse at short? (Dont know armor profile but thats how they were designed). 

Currently I am on New York and its a blast to play.

lol no, ijn are better on longe range..

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

but the USN ones are better at long range engagments but worse at short? 

until tier 8 they have less range than cruisers how are they long range engagement ships?

Beta Tester
160 posts
1,826 battles

USN BBs are a lot more fun to play imo, especially if you enjoy getting into the thick of the action.

Beta Tester
170 posts
3,612 battles

Had a lot of fun with the US bb's, up to the Colorado (tier 7), however the Colorado I can not really find a way to play well, I do not know if it is my playstyle (or lack there off).

Beta Tester
160 posts
1,826 battles

Had a lot of fun with the US bb's, up to the Colorado (tier 7), however the Colorado I can not really find a way to play well, I do not know if it is my playstyle (or lack there off).

I've noticed the same thing, a severe drop in damage output compared to the New York and the New Mexico (both of which are amazing). The good thing with the Colorado is her high alpha strike potential, but she has a slow reload and 8 guns compared to the NY's 10 and the NM's 12, so I'm not surprised she feels like a wee bit of a downgrade. Colorado still has the agility of her predecessors however, so that's good.

Like you said, it's probably also a matter of adjusting to a slightly different playstyle (much like the Nagato in the IJN tree, btw), and I just haven't had enough games with her to pass a fair judgement.

Beta Tester
399 posts
4,789 battles

I've noticed the same thing, a severe drop in damage output compared to the New York and the New Mexico (both of which are amazing). The good thing with the Colorado is her high alpha strike potential, but she has a slow reload and 8 guns compared to the NY's 10 and the NM's 12, so I'm not surprised she feels like a wee bit of a downgrade. Colorado still has the agility of her predecessors however, so that's good.

Like you said, it's probably also a matter of adjusting to a slightly different playstyle (much like the Nagato in the IJN tree, btw), and I just haven't had enough games with her to pass a fair judgement.

Problem is Nagato got range (3km more), ROF (0,2 more), speed (4 knots more) and turret rotation (13 sec les) over Colorado. Id say Colorado needs ROF buff to 2,3 to make it more of a brawler compared to Nagato while Nagi stil dictates the rules of engagment (powerfull tools on big maps).

Beta Tester
142 posts
970 battles

Problem is Nagato got range (3km more), ROF (0,2 more), speed (4 knots more) and turret rotation (13 sec les) over Colorado. Id say Colorado needs ROF buff to 2,3 to make it more of a brawler compared to Nagato while Nagi stil dictates the rules of engagment (powerfull tools on big maps).

And probably a healthy HP boost,,, colorado only has 50,100 HP compared to Nagatos 65,000,

Alpha Tester
70 posts
2,805 battles

yeah new york = blast , the colorado not gotten used to it turns fast but finding the guns bit lacking to, oh well it just gets to show i am leaning alot more to cruisers vs battleships as my goal in the end

Sign in to follow this