Sehales

Memory Leak Fix

10 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,404 posts
2,117 battles

Commanders!

With Update 0.9.2 some of you may encounter a memory leak when using the in-game browser (clan base, naval battles, armory, etc...).

We've already prepared a general fix for this issue and will include it in the next version update.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this fix.

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:

1. Close the game.

2. Download the archive Install_patch_fix_for_0.9.2.zip

3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).

4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder.

5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»

6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».

7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please let us know and reach out to Customer Support.

If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[EUTF]
Players
226 posts
6,587 battles

Patch work fine on my side and memory leaks have been fixed

Many thanks :)

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,404 posts
2,117 battles
16 hours ago, Nauseica said:

Patch work fine on my side and memory leaks have been fixed

Many thanks :)

Great to hear!

[D4KFR]
Players
17 posts
11,035 battles

patch seems to be working on my end.

nonetheless i still have issue with fjords port. I understand that there should be a difference in hardware usage between fjords and designers table but taking a look at gpu fan and others : i m wondering if something could not be done to optimize...
(frustration is present because i think Fjords port is amazing and far far better than everything that has been done before)

temp design table.png

temp fjords.png

[MAN]
[MAN]
Players
3 posts

Applied the patch also, after between 30min-1h of playing time the game starts to blackscreen for a very short time ( screen goes black for 0.5 to 1sec) and then the picture comes back and keeps doing it until i restart the game again.

Amd radeon 480 gb with latest drivers in use, haven't had this kind of problem before.

Had memory leak problem and game froze at 14gb of used ram before patch.

• Cool 1

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
513 posts
18,074 battles
On 3/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Sehales said:

Commanders!

With Update 0.9.2 some of you may encounter a memory leak when using the in-game browser (clan base, naval battles, armory, etc...).

We've already prepared a general fix for this issue and will include it in the next version update.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this fix.

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:

1. Close the game.

2. Download the archive Install_patch_fix_for_0.9.2.zip

3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).

4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder.

5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»

6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».

7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please let us know and reach out to Customer Support.

If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

Hi @Sehales

Did that patch after had some problems out in the game after the server breakdown a couple of days ago and i worked fine for 4 games and now i an back to the same problem again, but dont worry @TheWarJaC is on it i hope.

Kind regarts

Cammo1962

• Cool 2

Players
16 posts
9,218 battles

Problem has returned for me, too. 

Looking at Naval Battles screen seems to trigger it/freezes program.

Task Manager says WOWS is using 13 of the 16GB I have.....

• Cool 1

WG Staff
1,871 posts
877 battles
13 ore fa, CruisingForMermaids ha scritto:

Problem has returned for me, too. 

Looking at Naval Battles screen seems to trigger it/freezes program.

Task Manager says WOWS is using 13 of the 16GB I have.....

Hi CruisingFor Mermaids, 

I am sorry that you are encountering the problem again, my suggestion is for you to open a ticket with our Customer Support.

(Also a recent update of the driver of the Nvidia card creates some problems for the game. Nvidia already released a Hotfix that you can find here https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5009)

Stay safe Captains, 

TheWarJac

[BOBS]
[BOBS]
Players
2 posts
836 battles

"Hotfix" has made the memory leak WORSE!

can't play for more than 10 min, game starts freezing/skipping. WoWs using 75% of RAM

WG Staff
1,871 posts
877 battles
8 ore fa, HugoTaHell2 ha scritto:

"Hotfix" has made the memory leak WORSE!

can't play for more than 10 min, game starts freezing/skipping. WoWs using 75% of RAM

Hi HugoTaHell2, 

have you installed the new 0.9.2.1 patch? It contains a fix for the Memory Leak problem.

Otherwise, you can still use this useful guide https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/hot-issues/32460/

(The Hotfix I was referring to in the comment above was regarding an issue with Nvidia cards driver.)

TheWarJaC