You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NemesisCRO

Alaska or Georgia

26 comments in this topic

Players
871 posts
5,787 battles

Well, if you want to buy them in the premium shop, I cannot help you. In general though:

Alaska: 1 million Free XP.

Georgia: 228000 coal.

I fail to see the problem, as you normally would be able to get one (Georgia) along the way to getting the other (Alaska).

• Cool 4

[NOIR]
Players
5 posts
2,027 battles

Im going to buy it from the shop as i dont have the time for grind free xp or coal so thats whay im asking

• Funny 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
738 posts
14,863 battles
5 minutes ago, NemesisCRO said:

Im going to buy it from the shop as i dont have the time for grind free xp or coal so thats whay im asking

I just got Georgia, and i have Alaska for a while. I find Alaska a decent cruiser, nothing spectacular. The Georgia however, i find refreshing. Its a small, nimble fast BB with 6 heavy, accurate guns. It has fast heals, speed boost and decent secondaries. I enjoy it a lot, and would be my choice between these 2.

[CAIN]
Players
4,815 posts
20,049 battles

Watch videos and streams about those two. After that, rethink if you really want to spend ~70€ on a boat you could get for free. Both are good ships, but both play differently then their tech tree counter parts. 

Georgia is a very mobile gun platform, sitting bow in will most likely get you killed. 

In the end, choose whatever appeals more to you. 

• Cool 3

Players
1,173 posts
7,237 battles

I only have Georgia, but I had a blast with her.

Very good BB! If you choose Georgia you should not be disappointed.

Alaska apparently is quite good as well but I can't speak about her.

2 strong ships, are you more into cruisers or BBs? 

Players
3,472 posts

Just a slight word of caution, the main turret traverse cant catch you out on the Georgia,not a bad ship but like others it feels a bit like a gimped version of the the tech tree ship, you're missing the extra guns the Iowa has,same with the Thunderer,you are missing the extra guns of the Conqueror,not so sure i like this lessis more direction WG are taking.

But alas that is just my personal opinion,do as others advice, and watch vids on the tube to get yourself  better idea.

Players
7,420 posts
245 battles

Get both, Georgia is an excellent flanker and has decent secondaries with good guns (shell velocity is slow so you will have to lead further than normal and sometimes the shells will give you the finger occasionally).

Alaska is a very good ship for tier 9, i would get both since they require different currencies and you don't need to sacrifce one for the other.

Players
2,446 posts

As a DD main, in a game, I would fear the Alaska over the Georgia..

However, one important question, are you capable of playing either ship? No disrespect intended but I have witnessed some really piss poor premium ship players of late.

You don't have many battles under your belt.

• Cool 5

[SINT]
Players
45 posts
6,501 battles

With just 1200 battles maybe neither.  Play silverlines first before stepping into premium tier 9. Surprised that you already got JB by coal. And one is a cruiser, the other a fast BB. They play quite different so you must have a preference?

You can get both free in the end so if you are really motivated to spend money buy a premium that is not available for FXP/ coal. Next to that if you do want both in the end ( and you don’t want to wait until you accumulate the coal/ FXP) pick the one that is the most difficult for you to get. So if you have more FXP then coal then pick the Georgia for money. You can then get the Alaska for free  FXP after that.  Finally you can look at the other ships free available for either coal or FXP.  Like if you fancy Salem you would like to hold your coal and thus spend money on Georgia.

But then spending real money on free ships....because you don’t have time to grind new ships... I have JB, Nelson, Blys, Aigle, October Revolution all for free just by playing games....

• Cool 4

[KRILL]
Players
150 posts
5,637 battles

I only have the Alaska, she can be a very punishing ship basicly vs. every other class.

But her dispersion is from time to time very bitchy :-)

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

I suggest you to not spend 65€ on a pixel ship until you have played at least other 500-600 battles: experience with the silver ships, learn the game, then you’ll be able to decide which ship is better for your playstyle, maybe you’ll be able to get it for free with coal or freeXP...

• Cool 2

Players
7,420 posts
245 battles

@NemesisCRO Yeah listen to biscuits, Miggy and Dongi. Having more experience under your belt will help with the more unique and also harder playstyles both ships offer (they aren't easy to play or to utilise most of the time).

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,026 battles

Alaska is like an overgrown Baltimore, and can be played similarly...

Georgia is like .... Georgia

Both are great, but at least the Alaska can be played in a similar way to the Tech Tree Ships

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
8 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Just a slight word of caution, the main turret traverse cant catch you out on the Georgia,not a bad ship but like others it feels a bit like a gimped version of the the tech tree ship, you're missing the extra guns the Iowa has,same with the Thunderer,you are missing the extra guns of the Conqueror,not so sure i like this lessis more direction WG are taking.

The accuracy difference between the Thunderer and Conqueror is so large, the only time I'd say the difference starts to matter is at short range, because even at mid range, the Thunderer can get enough done by being able to pen where Conqueror fails, while at long range just landing more shells makes up for having less.

There is a reason why Thunderer averages are on a level with Conqueror averages.

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Migantium_Mashum sagte:

As a DD main, in a game, I would fear the Alaska over the Georgia..

However, one important question, are you capable of playing either ship? No disrespect intended but I have witnessed some really piss poor premium ship players of late.

You don't have many battles under your belt.

@NemesisCRO this is what you should ask yourself. And as many others stated throwing out 70 bucks for either may not give you the experience you'd like to have.

But i guess this is not what you want to hear so hey just get both.

• Funny 1

[-TCP-]
Players
232 posts
6,748 battles

I don't own an Alaska. I do own a Georgia. Therefore this is bias, but.... (and anything before a but should be ignored, they say)

Full sec Georgia (and Massa as it happens) with IHFE is goddamn fun. Get the hull restore and fire out buttons in the right order and its really interesting. I've been playing Massa this evening with my Georgia captain and you'll be surprised what 11.3k range IHFE sec's can do. Fires? Not so much. Punch, oh yeah.

The advantage with Georgia is main batt range and accuracy, speed buff and a very good heal with flag. Its worth considering rudder shift on both Massa and Georgia too.

So yeah, Georgia for me. 

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
738 posts
14,863 battles
12 hours ago, TruePhoenix said:

I don't own an Alaska. I do own a Georgia. Therefore this is bias, but.... (and anything before a but should be ignored, they say)

Full sec Georgia (and Massa as it happens) with IHFE is goddamn fun. Get the hull restore and fire out buttons in the right order and its really interesting. I've been playing Massa this evening with my Georgia captain and you'll be surprised what 11.3k range IHFE sec's can do. Fires? Not so much. Punch, oh yeah.

The advantage with Georgia is main batt range and accuracy, speed buff and a very good heal with flag. Its worth considering rudder shift on both Massa and Georgia too.

So yeah, Georgia for me. 

Georgia does not have the armour to fight at close ranges, and does not need to go close with those accurate hard hitting guns.

Players
7,420 posts
245 battles
5 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Georgia does not have the armour to fight at close ranges, and does not need to go close with those accurate hard hitting guns.

I need too because my aim is utter bollocks lol. Well in terms of lead anyways since i have to remind myself they only have 720m/s at close range probs close to 650m/s around 16km plus.

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles

Listen to the ones that know, do not buy T9 ships unless you got a chance to learn to play at that tier. You won't enjoy your investment, nor will your teammates.

[-TCP-]
Players
232 posts
6,748 battles

Against BB's, yes close range can be problematical. However I don't just shoot at BB's.

Spamming from the J line isn't for me either, especially with that speed boost.

19 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles

Personally if I had to choose between either Georgia or Alaska, I think I would go for the Georgia.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Alaska, but imo the Georgia is simply a better ship.

If I absolutely HAD to pick between JB and Georgia, it would be very close but I would still pick the Georgia because I feel the faster heals makes it edge out on the JB but only slightly. For me, JB and Georgia play very similarly while Alaska really plays like a USN supercruiser while being able to play the role of stand-in brawler, if the need arises later in the match. (Georgia btw fills this spot in well as well)

However, OP already has the JB, so it's gonna be a tough choice. Perhaps go for the Georgia as the coal you will save is arguably more flexible to use compared to the FXP you'd need for the Alaska.

I own all 3 ships btw and I like all 3 as well. There doesn't seem like any of these 3 is a bad pick. I mean, even if Georgia would be my 1st pick over JB (but ever so slightly), JB undeniably has the advantage of being a French ship which includes being able to use JB for missions that require ships played by the French nation navy thingy where Georgia and Alaska are both murican.

Tough choice. Perhaps let it depend on secondary things like the coal vs FXP thingy.

Good luck with whatever it is you will pick! :Smile_honoring:@NemesisCRO

Players
48 posts
5,913 battles
Alle 18/3/2020 alle 01:15, TruePhoenix ha scritto:

So yeah, Georgia for me. 

I agree with you, but Georgia WAS fun... with the new patch her secondaries are nearly useless, with the previous patch the full secondary spec was really fun and useful, I sunk even 4 ships only with secondaries (BBs too) now I can sink only DDs with secondaries and occasionally some CL, I do only 20k-30k sec. damage per match, sometimes seems I do cat scratches to other ships with them... (and I have IFHE...) damn new patch!:Smile_izmena: