You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Something about CC and dev blog changes on reddit given to CCs

212 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,077 battles

This was said to be given to CCs, and ended up on reddit eventually.

anyway read it and interpret by yourself. I just came here to share something, and shall now resume monster hunting.
cqo5ei6DgFl_UZ4BaGn_WjEIhTD08TssVdXIIX7R
edit: enlarged the CC part section:
image.thumb.jpeg.78db326261e5813b884fb776ac1217e6.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
7,483 posts
245 battles

Thats very interesting, they could use this too potentially shoehorn in, mental things and also features that had been discussed by the CC's early enough would of never of made it into the game.

Guess they will have to deal with datamining now.

Did they actually mention what content they want CC's to focus on at all?

Some of them could actually start making some bloody guides, would be a good start (i know ichasegaming seems to be the only one doing this atm).

This could go wrong, and im guessing we might see some ships that you know probs shouldn't be put into the game.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles

i doubt that there are many players who don't understand that these ships are WIP and subject to all sorts of changes or even removed from ever happening.  All th e videos I've seen on Youtube clearly have the WIP or Work in Progress splashed on the top of the screen.

I would like to have thought that one week from release a ship would have been 'fixed' in that nothing would change.   Yes, WG still want the WIG to be put on it.  If WG think that there is a need to tweak a ship in the week prior to release then I don't think it's ready for release as the tweak could have dramatic effect on the performance.  There probably won't be time to test it properly.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

It's pretty reasonable and I have little issues with the changes.

Only thing that is slightly concerning is the habit to introduce apparently bad designs that usually are changed when the community loses all s**t, like the upcoming Russian stealth radars. Otoh, Smolensk still got through in its current version somehow, so... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 20

Players
2,006 posts
19,799 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

i doubt that there are many players who don't understand that these ships are WIP and subject to all sorts of changes or even removed from ever happening.  All th e videos I've seen on Youtube clearly have the WIP or Work in Progress splashed on the top of the screen.

I would like to have thought that one week from release a ship would have been 'fixed' in that nothing would change.   Yes, WG still want the WIG to be put on it.  If WG think that there is a need to tweak a ship in the week prior to release then I don't think it's ready for release as the tweak could have dramatic effect on the performance.  There probably won't be time to test it properly.

You give random people on the internet way too much credit, sadly there are plenty of people who are quite incapable of grasping such a complicated concept as WIP.

• Cool 8

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
Just now, lovelacebeer said:

You give random people on the internet way too much credit, sadly there are plenty of people who are quite incapable of grasping such a complicated concept as WIP.

Yes, quite often I end up on the same team as they do - or just have more of them than the reds.

• Funny 3

Players
7,483 posts
245 battles

So it seems tech tree ships will have info on them 2 weeks maybe 1 week before release but prems only on the day they are released (if read that correctly).

It says the new prem ships FDR, Champagne and also impero will go through this (so...we only see reviews about this on the day they are released?).

Hmm, this will be interesting lol.

Players
10,264 posts
12,019 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

So it seems tech tree ships will have info on them 2 weeks maybe 1 week before release but prems only on the day they are released (if read that correctly).

It says the new prem ships FDR, Champagne and also impero will go through this (so...we only see reviews about this on the day they are released?).

Hmm, this will be interesting lol.

And then you may or may not be able to make estimated guess about datamined stats

[CATS]
Players
28,977 posts
15,146 battles

Reaction 1 is pretty much what I suggested after the RU CA Devblog debacle.

Presenting ships with totally unrealistics stats gives a wrong impression of these ships. When stats are presented, ships should be (nearly) ready.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[ENUF_]
Players
607 posts
22,923 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Presenting ships with totally unrealistics stats gives a wrong impression of these ships. When stats are presented, ships should be (nearly) ready.

They could easily prevent these unrealistic stats if at least one guy from the balancing department would install the game and play a few rounds, but i guess an information embargo is more convenient for them.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
5 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

They could easily prevent these unrealistic stats if at least one guy from the balancing department would install the game and play a few rounds, but i guess an information embargo is more convenient for them.

Yes, the spreadsheet does not lie!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
28 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Ah, yes. Let’s open the door for “yeah, we can’t adjust it anymore now because the deadline is too close”-kind of broken content...

Damn, you figured it out 

• Cool 1

Players
7,483 posts
245 battles
44 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Ah, yes. Let’s open the door for “yeah, we can’t adjust it anymore now because the deadline is too close”-kind of broken content...

Well at least slava can come back home now :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles

How dare you comment on planned ships that have the potential to ruin the balance of the game?

Interesting how the feedback from CCs is basically sidelined and the priority is given to the perception by the community. Shows a lot about how development is planned.

:cap_old:

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,874 posts
21,708 battles

This is nothing but the preparation to go full P2W. CCs preview ships ready for release, no balancing will be done, community has no chance to push WG towards changing the ships.

I'm happy that i stopped paying for this stupidity.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,902 posts
14,340 battles

How can a company be so salty about players calling them out on their soviet bias?

Cuz that's the main reason I can think of: the backlash on the Dev-blog for the RU-cruisers.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[BAD-A]
Players
642 posts
9,305 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Reaction 1 is pretty much what I suggested after the RU CA Devblog debacle.

Which could have been easily resolved by the devs using a modicum of common sense and an understanding of their own game.

As commented by others above, WeeGee look to be about to hit peak stupidity...

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1