Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
citaDELer

a CV snack: juicy swedish DDs :PP

16 comments in this topic

[AGRES]
Players
176 posts
12,558 battles

thats wow.

everybody due missions fight with the new DD line. they are so easy to catch by CV :))

they are like bonus easy training targets for CV captains. thx :))

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
34 minuti fa, citaDELer ha scritto:

everybody due missions fight with the new DD line. they are so easy to catch by CV :))

Potatoes are too stupid to turn off their AA regardless of the DD they are playing and won’t never learn to do so, even after being killed dozen of times by rocket planes.

9 minuti fa, Asakka ha scritto:

AA DDs btw 

The great range of the swedish AA becomes a disadvantage to the special type of players I just described, as they get spotted easier.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
3,093 posts
12,188 battles

The solution is this: When you see cv's in the mm lineup, quit and try again, if they're still there pick another ship with lots of AA. Shouldn't be this way, but WG still refuse to acknowledge the screw up with cv's and dd's. Turning off AA is basically like applying a plaster to a wound that needs suturing, only partially works for a small amount of the time and is certainly not the remedy to the bigger problem which many folks still refuse to see.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
850 posts
8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

The solution is this: When you see cv's in the mm lineup, quit and try again

Wait, you think this works ? You do know that the lineup while waiting for game isnt that accurate, so you can get CV in your game even if you dont see any in queue ?

• Cool 3

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
34 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

The solution is this: When you see cv's in the mm lineup, quit and try again, if they're still there pick another ship with lots of AA. Shouldn't be this way, but WG still refuse to acknowledge the screw up with cv's and dd's. Turning off AA is basically like applying a plaster to a wound that needs suturing, only partially works for a small amount of the time and is certainly not the remedy to the bigger problem which many folks still refuse to see.

That’s not true, they don’t refuse to acknowledge it.

what do you think the AP rocket idea was created for? 

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

The great range of the swedish AA becomes a disadvantage to the special type of players I just described, as they get spotted easier.

Range is the same as RU destroyers equipped with standard issue, bias, russian, mk2, 130mm, twin.

And whole 200m better than majority of destroyers with dual purpose guns.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 minuto fa, Panocek ha scritto:

Range is the same as RU destroyers equipped with standard issue, bias, russian, mk2, 130mm, twin.

And whole 200m better than majority of destroyers with dual purpose guns.

Yep, exactly! :cap_like:

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
54 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Potatoes are too stupid to turn off their AA regardless of the DD they are playing and won’t never learn to do so, even after being killed dozen of times by rocket planes.

I honestly don't understand the whole "AA DD" thing anyway in the current meta. If you're supposed to keep your AA on only when planes are in your air detection radius, having "powerful" :Smile_teethhappy: long range AA is pointless and in fact more troublesome. It's like giving long range to RU BB guns when they have crap accuracy at range... wait, bad example. Well, you get the point.

Maybe a proper "AA DD" would have short range insane AA. Scratch that, I just checked the stats of the high tier ones and most of their DPM is in medium range (<4KM) so at least the design makes some sense. It's a shame though that it's still irrelevant: 300ish DPM is what, 2 plane kills at best during the time the CV flies over you. If you're lucky you might be able to prevent the CV 3rd rocket strike and happily leave the "engagement" with 30% of your HP left. That's good enough to give you a chance to even force the CV to strike you another 2 times. I mean, you kept the CV busy for at least 3min instead of 2. Yeap, I'll keep playing DDs with smoke!

Overall that gimmick arrived a whole year too late. In pre-rework CV that could have made some sense. AA DDs seemed to be worth something.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
15 minuti fa, Belmassa ha scritto:

I honestly don't understand the whole "AA DD" thing

Better consider them torpedo boats with opportunistic guns, just like the IJN main DD line, not AA DDs.

The DefAA is useful only to get a couple of plane kills on 40%wr CV players or to punish planes already engaged on other targets, nothing more; you should rely on classic ways to reduce the CV canc... impact on your game...   

[IDDQD]
Players
680 posts
14,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Belmassa said:

300ish DPM is what, 2 plane kills at best during the time the CV flies over you. If you're lucky you might be able to prevent the CV 3rd rocket strike and happily leave the "engagement" with 30% of your HP left.

statement that every rocket squad 2 drops leave the target DD with 30% HP left left is like saying that every cruiser that gets spotted by Yamato is insta-kill. Possible, but thats more like 1 out of 100 salvos situation

but i guess you are one of the special players that can achieve such results with absolute certainty - OR - you never played rocket planes yourself and all your info is from YT

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
31 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Better consider them torpedo boats with opportunistic guns, just like the IJN main DD line, not AA DDs.

For that, their torp dpm is pretty damn awful and while, yes, their torps are fast, the reaction time isn't as stellar as one would think, given the huge detectability.

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
3 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

The DefAA is useful only to get a couple of plane kills on 40%wr CV players or to punish planes already engaged on other targets, nothing more; you should rely on classic ways to reduce the CV canc... impact on your game...   

Agreed. IIRC WG started their latest video on those DDs with something along the lines of "beware IJN DDs, you've got some competition", like if IJN torpedo boats were still relevant these days. :Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

statement that every rocket squad 2 drops leave the target DD with 30% HP left left is like saying that every cruiser that gets spotted by Yamato is insta-kill. Possible, but thats more like 1 out of 100 salvos situation

but i guess you are one of the special players that can achieve such results with absolute certainty - OR - you never played rocket planes yourself and all your info is from YT

Agreed, it doesn't happen every time especially given all the potato players. I was exaggerating. The same as you with your disingenuous attempt at doing a comparison with an insta-kill by Yamato. Let's be more honest and compare it to a crippling shot by Yamato where a cruiser loses 70% of its HP. All of a sudden the odds of this happening sky rockets (no pun intended) and now they feel closer to what happens when rocket planes encounter DDs.

Anyway, my post, especially the part you focused on, was not meant to be a serious analysis of the situation (you seem to have missed the tongue-in-cheek tone) and I have no intention in diving into a serious debate on the CV vs DD matter. Many discussions have happened on the topic and they always finish the same with people comparing d*cks, biased analysis of conveniently chosen numbers and the discussion eventually leading nowhere.

Alpha Tester
3,093 posts
12,188 battles
3 hours ago, Asakka said:

Wait, you think this works ? You do know that the lineup while waiting for game isnt that accurate, so you can get CV in your game even if you dont see any in queue ?

Sure, but the risk of it happening is less.

Beta Tester
3,297 posts
3,845 battles

Funny thing is, Flamu listed the absence of a Defensive AA consumable on the Småland as her main drawback, or at least as the deciding reason why he didn't list her as a recommended buy at the given price. He seems to be one of a very few players who still believe that it's actually worthwhile speccing into Defensive AA, even if the option is there to begin with....?

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
27 minuti fa, Procrastes ha scritto:

He seems to be one of a very few players who still believe that it's actually worthwhile speccing into Defensive AA, even if the option is there to begin with....?

Nope, he switched to hydro on all cruiser which can have that in the DefAA slot, as he consider DefAA too heavily nerfed.

27 minuti fa, Procrastes ha scritto:

Flamu listed the absence of a Defensive AA consumable on the Småland as her main drawback, or at least as the deciding reason why he didn't list her as a recommended buy at the given price.

Because he hates carriers with extreme passion and he doesn’t like the fact that some DDs can’t escape from strikes.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this