Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sintlucifer

Wargaming stop messing with my aiming.

56 comments in this topic

[_SNKN]
Beta Tester
9 posts
2,051 battles

Wargaming for the love of god please stop messing with my aiming. When i select a enemy ship, he is 19km away, i fire just for the fun of it at my max range of 22km. How on earth can my shots fall 3-4km short???

I noticed this only happens when firing at great distance 15km+ and then its happens allot. Is it a bug? because its with the USN battleship VIII North Carolina. 

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Wargaming for the love of god please stop messing with my aiming. When i select a enemy ship, he is 19km away, i fire just for the fun of it at my max range of 22km. How on earth can my shots fall 3-4km short???

I noticed this only happens when firing at great distance 15km+ and then its happens allot. Is it a bug? because its with the USN battleship VIII North Carolina. 

RNG I reckon? Personally I love it, both when I miss and when people miss me. Makes for long games. :-)
  • Cool 1

[_SNKN]
Beta Tester
9 posts
2,051 battles

RNG I reckon? Personally I love it, both when I miss and when people miss me. Makes for long games. :-)

When it happens 1/10 oke. But it happens around 8/10. The last 3 matches

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

you might be aiming a bit wrong at long distance i noticed that too but i also noticed that aim is actually under the rods

[_SNKN]
Beta Tester
9 posts
2,051 battles

you might be aiming a bit wrong at long distance i noticed that too but i also noticed that aim is actually under the rods

Perhaps some shots but not the shots i fire at the max i cant aim any further, my aim is above the enemy ships yet the still fall way to short. 

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

Perhaps some shots but not the shots i fire at the max i cant aim any further, my aim is above the enemy ships yet the still fall way to short. 

your range is in a circle not a square you probably forget about taht "under the rod" thing and dont engage enemies at max range be sure where you are aiming and where the enemy is going will be in your range

Beta Tester
2 posts
4,749 battles

Does the game take into account cold barrels for the first shot which always drops shots low in RL as I recall from my military days?

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

Does the game take into account cold barrels for the first shot which always drops shots low in RL as I recall from my military days?

nope

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

I've also noticed this. Aim:izmena:, shoot :playing:, and the shells fall a few kms short  :amazed::angry:.

But has just happened in very rare occasions.

[_SNKN]
Beta Tester
9 posts
2,051 battles

aim.jpgshot.jpg

I have created to screenshot. 

First screenshot you can see the enemy @ 20.04 km away. I aim at my max distance of around 21.04km. 
Second screenshot you can the enemy @ 18.7km away. and see my shots fall short. 

And right know this is with every single distance shot i make. 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
259 posts
3,348 battles

Same here. Its a strange bug I noticed sometimes when firing at long ranges. All shots fall some kms short.

Its not an RNG issue:

1. they never fall some kms far nor right or left, solely short.

2. When it happens, all shells splash bunched at same spot. A RNG issue should show a more spread pattern

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

The very first battle with this new update. In my Kawachi Battleship, shots kept falling short, way short. Then when I aimed higher/above the enemy ship, they flew too far passed/over the ship as you would expect. So I aimed back to where you normally would and same again, shots fall short.

[ZERG]
Alpha Tester
967 posts
1,978 battles

It's not a bug, it's aim assist. The game is trying to help you out by angling the rounds more towards the target than you intended. 

Of course, this doesn't always help, especially when you're trying to predict where the enemy is going to be and the aim assist is more concerned with where they are now and when you're locked onto someone other than the one you're trying to shoot.

Game would be improved by removing it and giving guns an accuracy buff to compensate.

• Cool 2

[REKT]
Beta Tester
318 posts
4,041 battles

All i can think off is the ranging to bug becourse you aim at the wrong side and it it is trying to (over)compensate for that?

With aiming at the wrong side i mean you should aim below and infront of the ship when it sails towards you at that angle.

I have not had this happen on my ships(yet)

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
173 posts
829 battles

I have yet to experience this, but it seems to happen only with very long range shots. It almost seems like WG have implemented parabolic shell trajectory, and they're faling off faster to create plunging fire, giving AP shells better penetration and HE less area of hit. I'm probably wrong but it might be a reason. 

Aim is something we need to get used to i assume, as I have massive aim issues in the Wyoming too haha.

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

Also noticed it in my Pensacola, shots falling short at long range and such

I'm guessing some UI bug or something

have no idea but It's rather annoying

Players
465 posts
6,282 battles

Yeah I've also had thisa few times in different kind fo ships your aim looks good and shells fall short like they just thought to each other "you know thats a pretty ship lets just fall into the sea and not touch him" . . .

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

Hmm..it seems there is a bug with the crosshairs/aiming system atm? Also happened alot to me in Wyoming. I had to actually aim higher, on the bridge or even the superstructure at medium/high range and on the belt at low range. Suffice to say this makes citadel hits very random and rare...

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
22 posts

Yep been getting this aswell. It's especially noticeable when another target passes between you and your intended target and the aim switches to the closer ship.

Very annoying when the next volley would have knocked out the ship I was originally aiming at.

I too would rather see no aim assist at all but less dispersion between barrels on the same turret.

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,275 battles

This may be related to "tilting" of ships during turn as one side rises more above water and the other "sinks", which may mess up your aiming compared to previous patch where the height above water was fixed.

So I would think it is not a bug or RNG but additional factor to be taken into account while aiming.

• Cool 1

[0RCA]
Alpha Tester
489 posts
2,643 battles

I've only had it a couple of times but only when I've been aiming at the superstructure of the ship. I guess it's because at the exact moment I've fired my recticle on the server has probably been pointing at a small gap in the supestructure so my gunners have actually fired exactly where I told them at the patch of sea way beyond the ship.

I know it's rng but being ex-RN I just put it down to the bloody gunners getting at the paint thinners in the paint store again! :teethhappy:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

Have you considered that the enemy is most likely not sailing parallel to you and by the time your shells will reach he will be either closer or further?

Before you shoot, press and hold alt key and see if his distance is changing, then either shoot lower or higher.

Remember that at higher ranges a slight change in your aim can affect your shell impact zone greatly.

Beta Tester
185 posts
647 battles

@Takeda...

Mate check the pics that Sintlucifer posted. He fired at 21.04 kliks and the shots still droped short below 18.7 kliks, probably 18.3-5 kliks...

Sign in to follow this