You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Squarebasher54

This is a real problem

62 comments in this topic

Players
104 posts
13,628 battles

This player was in T10 game in a Georgia, should someone like this be playing at this level, surely they should have had to at least work up to a T9 before being able to get this.2005653905_shot-20_03.15_17_50.20-0149(2).thumb.jpg.586d473aa6acd9bb9763e7261c89773f.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
463 posts
7,358 battles
11 minutes ago, Squarebasher54 said:

This player was in T10 game in a Georgia, should someone like this be playing at this level, surely they should have had to at least work up to a T9 before being able to get this.2005653905_shot-20_03.15_17_50.20-0149(2).thumb.jpg.586d473aa6acd9bb9763e7261c89773f.jpg

Now my own stats aren't great, however I came across a guy last night with a slightly higher win rate but wait for it........ over 37k games played:Smile_amazed:. So it can go either way .

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles

You say like this is happening SOMETIMES - if you pay attention, you see this basicly every game. Could even be several, ive had the pleasure :cap_old:

• Cool 7

Players
104 posts
13,628 battles

Maybe you are right, I have not won one game today, I have played mostly in the edinburgh, and I have not played badly but everygame I think we are doing okay and all of a sudden I take another look at the mini map and half the teams gone, then it's just about trying to get something out of the game, I think WG hate me.

Players
2,447 posts

I had a game today where we had a Thunderer and a Jean Bart who continued to fire HE after HE whilst sailing broadside to 5 enemy ships....

I was not alone in asking them why they were playing like this, they never replied and just continued broadside until they were sunk...

Our attentions then turned to an allied Tirpitz, who knowing an enemy Yugumo was near because I had spotted him, sailed broadside long enough to give the DD an easy kill...

Thankfully my allied Baltimore and I were able to sink the last 4 enemy ships between us for a victory but it should have never been this difficult.

I am seeing many premium ships in the hands of Captains not capable of playing above T4...

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles

There are a lot of players at high tiers that have no idea what to do (or not) many bought their way into high tiers and it is an issue with the balance.

Around Chrismas the amount of Puerto Ricos derping was insane, looking at a their stats many were very new to the game

I guess the thought process is:

"Damn that Mutsu was good he sunk my Kongo so easily"

So he goes to premium shop and buys Mutsu

Next battle:

"Damn that Tirpitz was good"

So he buys the Tirpitz

"Damn that Georgia has some heavy hitting guns and its so fast"

So he gets the Georgia

I recently had a game in the Fuso where I got a kraken, looked up their stats, turned out 4 of them didnt even have 800 games between them the fifth guy had 18.600 games but an appauling winrate of 44%

Wasnt so happy about my kraken anymore..

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Yesterday my team had 2 Jean Bart in a division, both with 300 total battles and abysmal stats: those were 130 nice euros for WG, great success comrade! :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
446 posts
19,514 battles

There is a very wide skill base in this game. Nothing will change.Working as intended.

• Cool 3

Players
2,447 posts
7 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

I recently had a game in the Fuso where I got a kraken, looked up their stats, turned out 4 of them didnt even have 800 games between them the fifth guy had 18.600 games but an appauling winrate of 44%

A Kraken is a Kraken.... takes a lot nowadays to get 5 kills....

• Cool 3

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Ronchabale sagte:

you don't get krakens vs decent players, cause decent players have high survival rate. Last survivors on enemy team are usually their best players, or their worst ones, who stayed out of combat.

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

In the other day I picked up Kuma for old times sake , I love that ship.

The only downside of that ship it's being a low tier one, right in the middle of that huge confusion.

anyway.

there I was in the Solomon islands map near C cap, shooting while concealed, then I saw an allied cruiser throwing itself to the "jaws" of the entire red flank.

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles

We had a Graf Zeppelin tonight in a tier 9 game. 5min into the game he was still sailing around and hadn't launched a single plane.

I quickly checked his stats. Oh my was that juicy.

It was his first game in the GZ. In fact it was his first game in a CV... :cap_like:

What other ships had he played so far you ask? The Lenin, he had 1 game in it. Yeap, that's it! It was his 2nd game overall.... :Smile_amazed:  (I have to admit I only checked random, maybe he had thousands of coop games... yeah likely not)

In this game we didn't have a DD and the enemy team had one (hadn't seen that in a while). Eventually the enemy team derped so much we won easily.

Players doing this have absolutely no understanding of the game, not even of the core concepts like ship tiers. Isn't it in WG's best interest to guide those poor souls so that they have a chance to enjoy the game? As others have mentioned, shouldn't those players be only allowed to play high tier after having grinded their way there? Because I'm pretty sure this player was completely lost and confused and will continue to be until he gets tired of being insulted by everybody (not that I approve of it) and eventually leave. Sure WG will have sold a few ships (and to be fair, that player probably spent more money than me in this game already and probably more than what a newly released AAA game costs) but focusing on player retention should make sense. I guess "should" is the key word in the sentence...

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Players
1,063 posts
54 minutes ago, Belmassa said:

Isn't it in WG's best interest 

Since when did Wargaming do anything that was in their own interest that didn't directly involve those sweet sweet whale dollars? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,211 battles

It's worse when it is someone with 12k games sailing around with those kind of stats, cause it simply means they don't want to learn how to play better and will always be a liability. At least this player is clearly new with only 300 odd games, obviously it is completely stupid to just jump straight into tier 9 without actually grinding your way up there as you will just be a liability and probably not enjoy the experience as you will just be blapped every game or do basically no damage.

Nothing WG can do about this as the Marketing Department makes a lot of cash on players wanting to skip to the big guns despite the sudden experience of High tier game-play probably making them loose enjoyment and eventually stop playing.

WG wallet > Retaining players

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
4 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

It's worse when it is someone with 12k games sailing around with those kind of stats, cause it simply means they don't want to learn how to play better and will always be a liability. At least this player is clearly new with only 300 odd games, obviously it is completely stupid to just jump straight into tier 9 without actually grinding your way up there as you will just be a liability and probably not enjoy the experience as you will just be blapped every game or do basically no damage.

Nothing WG can do about this as the Marketing Department makes a lot of cash on players wanting to skip to the big guns despite the sudden experience of High tier game-play probably making them loose enjoyment and eventually stop playing.

WG wallet > Retaining players

image.png.f658e6f740e41a71f1350335437c14af.png

He died there after two minutes ingame, blaming the team for lack of support. A 12.000 game player. 40someting winrate.

I can explain it a thousand times to these people but they will never understand.

• Cool 3

Players
3,603 posts
14,275 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

image.png.f658e6f740e41a71f1350335437c14af.png

He died there after two minutes ingame, blaming the team for lack of support. A 12.000 game player. 40someting winrate.

I can explain it a thousand times to these people but they will never understand.

You're saying RUSH B isn't a valid tactic??

1628701994_shockedgif.gif.ef8c8405687a57360775f0acbdd5c681.gif

• Funny 4

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,815 posts
9,018 battles
7 hours ago, Squarebasher54 said:

I see no Problem there.

No Offense to you Mate.

But I have seen more than enough People which have Grinded 1 or 2 Tier 10s and dont do any Better than this Guy.

And Fun Fact for you. When I see People Playing so Horrible that I actually bother looking up their Stats. I far more often find Players that have Grinded High Tier Ships by Spending a thousand and more Games. Than I find Players which just Bought some High Tier Premium Ship.

I could give you the Example of a Friend of Mine. Who effectively Says he isnt Interested in Playing the Grind because Games only Start in the Endgame.

He got a Kremlin in less than a Month. Not by Playing Properly. But by effectively just Yoloing into One Battle after the other. Going Forward. Shooting at whatever came in range. And then being Sunk.

By now he got several Premiums on T10 as well. Some even being Coal Ships. And yet. His Winrate is about 7% higher than the Guy you Posted there ;)

So believe me. Forcing People to Grind to a Tier before being Allowed to Buy a Premium Ship of that Tier. Is not going to Help anything on that Front.

• Cool 1

Players
1,912 posts

Its waaay too easy to obtain and keep playing T10 ships. Premium T10 camos and premium T10 ships have totally destroyed the T10 economy. Players like OP posted can fail their way up to T10 and stay there because even when they fail hard they still break even or even make credits. WG should have drastically lowered the credit gain at T10 a long time ago. But instead they pump out premiums, camos and flags like its no tomorrow that make it easy for potatoes to keep on failing at T10. Which have made the highest tier in the game filled with more potatoes than mid tier. But spreadsheets probably says its fine.

Players
2,447 posts
13 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Its waaay too easy to obtain and keep playing T10 ships. Premium T10 camos and premium T10 ships have totally destroyed the T10 economy. Players like OP posted can fail their way up to T10 and stay there because even when they fail hard they still break even or even make credits. WG should have drastically lowered the credit gain at T10 a long time ago. But instead they pump out premiums, camos and flags like its no tomorrow that make it easy for potatoes to keep on failing at T10. Which have made the highest tier in the game filled with more potatoes than mid tier. But spreadsheets probably says its fine.

In my opinion, It's the same all over now. Money in over quality given ( After all 8.0 must have cost WG a fortune).... that's why WG made the game so easy now.

It's why the Ships that need skill to play, like DD's, have been hammered hard. It's why ships like Smolensk were introduced....

You can buy your way to Tier X now even though you are incapable of handling the level.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
446 posts
19,514 battles
24 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Exactly the problem. You can make money at tier 10 by playing abysmally if you have premuim account and camo's etc. I play WOT badly, and for all its faults I do feel that you have to try and play well at tiers 9 and 10, or you will break the bank. It motivates you to improve (if you have that mindset of course).

I learnt warships when only USN and IJN lines existed. I played 200 battles in my tier 6 Cleveland. That is how I learnt to play. When I went to tier 7 and above, I was always conscious of not being the potato on the team. These days there are always 5 potato's on any team, any tier.

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,209 battles

Well sometimes it’s refreshing to have the quality players on the red team.  While dodging a bad but still lethal torp spread I had to show my   Missouri broadside at 6 km to a JB. Normally with or without reload boosters this means eating citadels.. I ate 2 salvo’s of HE before able to retaliate... and sink him..

At least that was compensation for havinga blue team Tirpitz ( you know the one with the extra hp captain perk) that nearly torped me while there were no near enemies within 10 km...

its that I stilll have some Karma points left that are pleading me not to give feedback to these “ valued” players on ones team...

• Funny 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts

Well, when Your game is set up to not having to learn anything, and you can still progress the tiers....well, u end up With alot of bad players.

There is a reason why unicums are 1% of the playerbase.

There is something fundamentally wrong With a game when tier 10 is considered sealclubbing.

Players
1,912 posts
46 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

Exactly the problem. You can make money at tier 10 by playing abysmally if you have premuim account and camo's etc. I play WOT badly, and for all its faults I do feel that you have to try and play well at tiers 9 and 10, or you will break the bank. It motivates you to improve (if you have that mindset of course).

I learnt warships when only USN and IJN lines existed. I played 200 battles in my tier 6 Cleveland. That is how I learnt to play. When I went to tier 7 and above, I was always conscious of not being the potato on the team. These days there are always 5 potato's on any team, any tier.

Exactly. I also played hundreds of battles before progressing past T6. Nowadays you see top tier players with hardly any lowtier games. And ppl wonder why the gameplay is going down the drain. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3