Sign in to follow this  
harrybusa

CV killing lower tier games

12 comments in this topic

[ODYS]
Players
8 posts
3,773 battles

Ever tried T3/4/5 lately , you have very little fun now ,  do WG not want any new players (except cv)? We NEED cv free games now! 8 games so far today and killed by carrier 7 times

• Cool 4

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The sheer reluctance of WG to address the (known) low-tier CV problem suggests they don't even aim at getting new players to play the game, or suggests a knowledge that WG knows that even when addressing the CV-problem, they won't get much new players anyway.

• Cool 3

[T-N-T]
Players
1,228 posts
4,316 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

The sheer reluctance of WG to address the (known) low-tier CV problem suggests they don't even aim at getting new players to play the game, or suggests a knowledge that WG knows that even when addressing the CV-problem, they won't get much new players anyway.

I would object to this. Iirc, you said that only approx 10% of playerbase is older than 11 months. It suggests that WG wants a lot of new players to spent as much as money possible in 11 months and then they just don't care.

Because the games in low tiers are so horrible, you can get high tier vessels quite easily. 

[ODYS]
Players
8 posts
3,773 battles

Do WG listen to players? And why only one cv on t10 and thee oh t6, oh would that piss off the influencers? And make it unfair ? BS thats why.

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
11 hours ago, harrybusa said:

Ever tried T3/4/5 lately , you have very little fun now ,  do WG not want any new players (except cv)? We NEED cv free games now! 8 games so far today and killed by carrier 7 times

dont yolo buddy

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,791 posts
8,990 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

dont yolo buddy

You dont need to Yolo to be Killed by a CV in T4.

Since half of the Ships in these Games have either no AA at all or have such Irrelevant AA that a Squadron can hold a Picnic on their Deck. CVs in Lower Tiers right now are only Fighting the Clock. Not the Players.

Their Enemy is not the Enemy Ships AA. But the Low Speed of their Planes.

• Cool 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,610 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

dont yolo buddy

Doesn't matter. CVs can kill you wherever you are.

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
On 3/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, harrybusa said:

That is near impossible..what are you doing to focus the cv's attention on you every battle ?

[HFHH]
Players
314 posts
17,391 battles

try taking out bogatar or dreadnought you will find your the no  1 target for cv players easy kill no AA better kill rates for them making them look better in the stats than they are

[CROTZ]
Players
4 posts
4,912 battles

Do not usually post but thought I would add my comments.

Only tend to play lower tiers and my favorite ship has been the Bogatyr. An excellent DD destroyer.

Since the introduction of CV's as the Bog does not have any AA it is no longer enjoyable playing this ship when there are 2 - 3 CV's on the enemy side. Just tried again with this ship and destroyed very quickly even though I ensured that I was in close prximnity to 3 BB's one of which was an Orion. I was targeted by the CV's and the BB's left alone. Have tried lots of tactics but to no avail. Just looked at my stats and I have played 1736 games with this ship with a success rate of 58%.

When trying to enter a game I watch what ships are ready to get involved and try nd time it where there are no CV's and play the Bog. This does not always work. I would love the option to play games where there are no CV's!

Unfortunately in some ways I have turned gamekeeper to poacher and not as the old saying goes poacher to gamekeeper as I now play CV most of the time.

I know I could try and play with my other ships and if anyone can recommend a good compromise between the Bog and a ship with decent AA wopuld be glad to hear.

Players
973 posts

I did like to go and play the Old Dreadnought era ships at the lower tiers and I really did want to buy the Dreadnought it's self, it's just impossible to have any fun there now, ships that were  laid down before Bleriot flew the English Channel are trying to survive 1930's era Aircraft Carrier attacks its' just  not viable, Reality has been totally thrown through the window in the higher tiers with navies that were floating junk yards becoming super powers so what's the problem giving a self defence capability to all ships and encourage up coming players to enjoy the game 2 CV's ( I have seen 3 but not in a while ) how is that fun for any one but the Carrier Player?

Sign in to follow this