Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Steph246

Consumable recognition

5 comments in this topic

[SH33P]
Players
215 posts
14,525 battles

There are ships that can mount different consumables : torp reload, smoke, radar like on the KAGERO, YUGUMO, MINO, YUE YANG and others...

Would it make sense to be able to distinguish which consumable s got a ship just by the look at it ?

So, we maybe could save some time, and spared to be chatbanned in this game for asking it...

Is it hard to implemant a graphic difference for that in the game ?

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
7 hours ago, Steph246 said:

There are ships that can mount different consumables : torp reload, smoke, radar like on the KAGERO, YUGUMO, MINO, YUE YANG and others...

Would it make sense to be able to distinguish which consumable s got a ship just by the look at it ?

So, we maybe could save some time, and spared to be chatbanned in this game for asking it...

Is it hard to implemant a graphic difference for that in the game ?

There are mods that do this i think. 
Generally though, these mods are only able to tell which of the consumables it carries after such consumable has been used at least once. 

It does not make sense to implement a visual distinction, since you could then identify the consumable loadout on enemy ships before they actually use them. 
As for friendly consumables, it shouldnt  matter too much- and you can often deduce it from their playstyle, but i can still see why you'd want to see it in game. 
Dont think i'd say its necessary though, but otherwise put it under the > Gameplay> Suggestions section

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,954 battles

I think it would be easier if the players could allocate a key for the consumable.  I know at the moment we can assign a key for consumable #1 to #5.  But this just means a heal could be #3 on one ship and #4 on another.

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
3 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I think it would be easier if the players could allocate a key for the consumable.  I know at the moment we can assign a key for consumable #1 to #5.  But this just means a heal could be #3 on one ship and #4 on another.

Well technically, if you really put effort into it i think you can work your way around this through preference files. 
But basically i think you should be able to swap the order of consumables freely between keys RTYUI (and myabe O if thats needed, although thats currently AA already). 
But this discussion is always going on and there are some people with messed up ideas for it, such as keybinding every single consumable- which would lead to needed an extra keyboard when you play a ship with torpedo reload booster or crawling smoke. 
But i think what OP means is that it'd be good if i could see what kind of consumable loadout my allies have, such that i know if the Yugumo on my team is using a smoke generator or torpedo reload boosters

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, BrusilovX sagte:

I'd like that implemented too. I want smoke on all of my ships to be on same key, and heal be on another key but same one for every ship... 

Sign in to follow this