Sign in to follow this  
Janiksenkapala

New port Fjords is that, is ruined by

17 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
9,681 battles

One little plane that is like a mosquito in to the ears buzzing, why in earth did you have to model that buzzing there and can you model it fly away from there please?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles

Yeah it's flying all the time around. Unlike on other ports like Taranto or Zipangu they fly for a moment only. 

Players
34 posts
15,198 battles

Janik, i am with ya. The Fjord-Port is a nice Port, well done. But that bloody plane is driving me nuts and forced me switching the Port.

Modder
5,045 posts
22,863 battles
7 hours ago, ___Moose___ said:

Janik, i am with ya. The Fjord-Port is a nice Port, well done. But that bloody plane is driving me nuts and forced me switching the Port.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:27 AM, Janiksenkapala said:

One little plane that is like a mosquito in to the ears buzzing, why in earth did you have to model that buzzing there and can you model it fly away from there please?

Plane sound removed as temporary solution:         <sound> <name>    3D_Plane_Big_Loop    </name> </sound>

Unpack and copy directory /spaces to mod folder: Dock_Fjords - no plane sound.zip

• Cool 1

WG Staff
1,842 posts
877 battles
15 hours ago, ___Moose___ said:

On 3/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, Ronchabale said:

Yes, It is annoying

I will report the feedback internally.

Players
2,382 posts
14,337 battles
19 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Plane sound removed as temporary solution:         <sound> <name>    3D_Plane_Big_Loop    </name> </sound>

Unpack and copy directory /spaces to mod folder: Dock_Fjords - no plane sound.zip

Thanks mate, it was driving me crazy.

[PGT2P]
Players
102 posts
7,466 battles

I like the new Fjord port... but, it wasn't sensible to launch it with the Swedish ships... that ruins it for me - WG should have chosen something relevant. 

We know where the scenery inspiration comes from.  Norway, nowhere else.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
932 posts
12 hours ago, Birkebein said:

I like the new Fjord port... but, it wasn't sensible to launch it with the Swedish ships... that ruins it for me - WG should have chosen something relevant. 

We know where the scenery inspiration comes from.  Norway, nowhere else.

Hopefully they won't remove it, but if they do I suggest renaming it in the relevant patch notes to 'Norwegian Blue', with the accompanying message: "This is an ex-Port"...

• Funny 1

[SOLOS]
Players
14 posts
23,176 battles
On 3/15/2020 at 10:13 AM, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah it's flying all the time around. Unlike on other ports like Taranto or Zipangu they fly for a moment only. 

It is driving me nuts. I switched ports as well.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,796 posts

PTS 0.9.3. round 2:

Volume of the sound of the flying plane in the port of Fjords is reduced.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

It was pretty much the same with the "designer's table".

Everything was looking great, the details were amazing and then you have an utterly annoying phone ringing in the background quite often.

I wonder if the same guys are doing both things (designing the looks and adding the sounds) but if not... please give the designers a raise and fire those sound guys. The player-base will appreciate it.