You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Now bored of Tier 10

109 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,389 battles

The tier ten meta.

I am so bored of it.

As in: Bored. Not "I can't hack it", "I can't win" nor "nerf T10 cancer ships like Minotrua, Smolensk, Des Moines et al" (Although I think they should). Bored.

I have found that T10 games almost always degenerate into long / medium range sniping / camping matches. Firebug / cheap popgun ships like Smolensk, Des Moines, Minotaur chug around, stop, and then spam HE / AP. DDs dominate with their cheap, long ranged Torpedo spam fans.

Yamato lines up, bow on, camps, and flings AP everywhere.

Conqueror hauls off long range and spams HE. Thunderer does the same with AP.

Kremlin wades in, parks somewhere, and absorbs improbably large volumes of fire before going down.

Cruisers like Venezia, Hindenburg et al swarm about the periphery, lobbing HE/ EDIT: AND SAP

Any ship that dares push is quickly focused and then annihilated. Team play is almost unheard of.

I've been playing a lot of the latest ranked battles. I win some. I lose some. One thing overrides all, though: boredom. Even when I'm on a winning streak, I have to steel myself for another match of the same.

But, that's it, now. Decision made. I am not even going to bother grinding out another T10 ship. I will now only occasionally dip my toe into T10,  solely for reward, or to replenish signals etc.

I MAY get one or two more ships, but I doubt I'll use them much. Yama, possibly Grober, just to get to the top of those trees, if I get the resources.

How some folk can continue to play almost all their matches at this level, I don't know.

This is one of the reasons that I play most matches at T7 or lower. The gameplay is just so much more varied, as are the ships.

I think it's ironic that Wargaming offers so much to T10 players, when it seems to be, by far, the most barren of all tiers. They should definitely focus on lower tiers more, I believe.

But T10? I'm all but done with it. It's not worth the boredom.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Players
3,592 posts
14,275 battles

T10 is the least forgiving tier to mistakes in. I like that. If you haven’t learnt by T10 to not make mistake you rightly get punished.

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles

Hello. 

Thank you for sharing your feelings. 

I hope you could vent them a little with success. 

Maybe you will find T10 more enjoyable in the future again. 

• Funny 1

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts
11,824 battles

if your problems at high tiers are mino and des I have only 1 thing to tell you: git gud bb main

edit:

god i knew it, even before looking at the stats:

edit

you complain about cruisers and high tier,edit 

Name&Shame

• Funny 4
  • Bad 3

[ZEN]
Players
1,309 posts
14,190 battles

I don't like playing T10 games, mainly cause most of the players that solely play tier 10 are the absolute worst players in the game making every match a stomp, just depends whether your on the team with the most idiots or not on whether your on the winning team or not, if you have to carry 11 players compared to the enemies best player only having to carry 8 of their 'team' mates...

Have much more fun in the Mid tiers...

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,671 posts

Reset everything. Enjoy grinding all them tiers up anew.

Don't try to thank me later cause I wanna make myself scarce if you actually do a dumb thing like that. :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
542 posts
3,394 battles

the problem is that T10 camper spamfest ehm "advanced play style" is spilling down in to T9 and even T8 battles :(

Players
445 posts

@Flavio1997 Instead of reaching for the stats button, like a good WG troll accountant, respect the OP's point of view and then come up with a respectful and relevant response.

• Cool 5

[MORIA]
Players
7,787 posts
39,256 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

@Flavio1997 Instead of reaching for the stats button, like a good WG troll accountant, respect the OP's point of view and then come up with a respectful and relevant response.

Well at least we know why he complained in the way he was complaining. Cause he wasn't complaining about camping BBs that aren't willing to shoot things that are spotted or about radars everywhere (now on Smaland) as a DD player. 

My advice - let him go grind other classes on lower tiers. 

• Cool 1

Players
496 posts
10,955 battles

I think the OP has a point about the boredom but the tactics work and that's why they are used. Unfortunately greater minds than mine have tried to come up with a solution to no avail. 

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts
11,824 battles
22 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

relevant response: he doesn't have the knowledge to come up with a real accurate response.He need to play more matches and especially more classes.

And please, complaining about he slinging, when he plays basically only uk bbs and goes seal clubbing....talking about hypocrisy 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Players
226 posts
13,500 battles
2 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Conqueror hauls off long range and spams HE. Thunderer does the same with AP.

You are wrong there sir. UK BBs don't have AP.

In other shooter games there is attacking, defending and moving around.

In WGs game there is bow camping, behind the island camping, smoke camping, kiting away camping or you can watch your BBs run away.

I have not seen attacking players for years. Or sometimes I do when I look back behind me and see my allies move forward but that is after enemy ships have already been destroyed or routed minutes ago.

• Cool 3

[-LD-]
Players
223 posts
9,138 battles

The very last match I played (and got sunk early on trying to defend the weak flank), 9 ships sailed to the corner of the map, behind and island.

I was convinced this will be a steamroll as by the time I got sunk we already had less ships and the enemy team comfortably controlled 3 out of 4 caps.

Then, in the port, I got the message that we won - most probably the enemy team sailed one by one to our blob and got sunk... I have no other explanation.

Often I get the feeling that the worst players gravitate towards T10 as they think they will have an OP ship to compensate for the lack of skill.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,671 posts

IMHO tier X battles suck because we got the strongest, most capable ships in the game stuck on an undersized map with the same dodgy mechanics in place as on lower tiers. The maps and the mechanics may feel balanced on some tier, but it isn't tier X.

• Cool 2

Players
3,355 posts
20,472 battles

Tier 10 has always been a boring fest. Players have 'learned' by then to approach the game like accountants. GG, away with the fun and hello 'tactics'.

• Cool 3

Players
312 posts
21 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

I have not seen attacking players for years. Or sometimes I do when I look back behind me and see my allies move forward but that is after enemy ships have already been destroyed or routed minutes ago.

Well, if you go in hard, force the enemy to angle against you and they eat a load of cits while you're brought down in a load of spam, so your team can win the CP quickly and close out the game in a few minutes flat, you'll have some Asashio captain say you misplayed as he would've single-handidly won the game with his torps if you just conceded the capture, camped back and waited while your shells ricochet all day and night.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,671 posts
27 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Well, if you go in hard, force the enemy to angle against you and they eat a load of cits while you're brought down in a load of spam

This excellent tactic should be given a descriptive name. Incidentally, there is a suitable Japanese word which I could, but won't mention here. :Smile_trollface:

Players
21 posts
5,842 battles

I stopped playing T10 a few months ago. I now only play T5 to T7 and I enjoy playing the game once again. The players are better, the ships are better, just a more enjoyable game.

• Cool 3

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,389 battles
36 minutes ago, lord_hern said:

I stopped playing T10 a few months ago. I now only play T5 to T7 and I enjoy playing the game once again. The players are better, the ships are better, just a more enjoyable game.

Bingo.

Amen to that, brother.

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,389 battles
4 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

T10 is the least forgiving tier to mistakes in. I like that. If you haven’t learnt by T10 to not make mistake you rightly get punished.

I don't do too badly at T10. I just don't enjoy playing it.

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,389 battles
3 hours ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

Thanks, man.

[XTREM]
Players
1,952 posts
14,594 battles
7 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

As in: Bored. Not "I can't hack it", "I can't win" nor "nerf T10 cancer ships like Minotrua, Smolensk, Des Moines et al" (Although I think they should). Bored.

So what do you think should be nerfed to make these ships less ''Cancerous''?

With regards to your summary of tier 10, I disagree with much of your post, but you are at least right in so far as it plays differently compared to, say, most tier 6 games. Yes, it's a different meta. It's worth pointing out however, that the fundamentals remain the same. 

Myself, I prefer tiers 8, 9, and 10 the most, but I like playing all tiers except the very lowest, which I only play very infrequently... usually in Mikasa for the memes. 

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,389 battles
7 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

So what do you think should be nerfed to make these ships less ''Cancerous''?

With regards to your summary of tier 10, I disagree with much of your post, but you are at least right in so far as it plays differently compared to, say, most tier 6 games. Yes, it's a different meta. It's worth pointing out however, that the fundamentals remain the same. 

Myself, I prefer tiers 8,9, and 10 the most, but I like playing all tiers except the very lowest, which I only play very infrequently... usually in Mikasa for the memes. 

I'd nerf them in terms of Rate of fire or Fire chance. This game plays at being historically accurate at times. No way guns are being loaded that fast if we're talking historically. 

Or even raise their detection radius a little. Being spammed with HE or AP by an invisible / smoked up ship is no fun whatsoever. 

Or perhaps removing smoke from Smolensk, if nothing else.

I don't know. I just find T10 games playing out in much the same way. All the time. Each ship has its' niche, and it stays there in almost every battle.

And it annoys me that so many events seem to be confined to the top three tiers.

IMHO, T5-7 are the best.

• Cool 1