You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

When will Orkan be released in the Premium shop??

83 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles

Most likely next patch, as it is still in testing. 

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,808 posts
16 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Could you shed some light over when Orkan will be released in Premium shop?

it is still in tests so not soon I'd say...

maybe it will be in the second part of the EU arc, like the Ceshire in the second part of the UK CA arc

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,977 battles
2 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

@Crysantos  @MrConway Could you shed some light over when Orkan will be released in Premium shop?

Sorry, can't say yet - it's our usual policy of not disclosing release dates until they're final or hit the shop very soon.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 4

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,476 battles

Its not listed as useable premium in the directives for Pan European missions, so probably not during this "event" if you ask me

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,211 battles
15 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

From the news story for the next patch:

image.thumb.png.ca76e345b2df455faff8d3e82e0b8ea4.png

From what I read, she sounds potentially rather interesting/fun. For a start, I gather we have a new ship for getting CQC awards with...!

It's also quite nice that it will also be in the Armoury as there are no premium ships in there that I want or don't already have so it will give me something to spend the Doubloons I earned over New Year and use the Discount voucher :cap_like:

• Cool 3

[ALONE]
Modder
2,264 posts
13,991 battles
Vor 45 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

From what I read, she sounds potentially rather interesting/fun. For a start, I gather we have a new ship for getting CQC awards with...!

I enjoyed testing her. A Lightning with one torpedolauncher and no smoke sounds terrible - but the radar + fast reloading european-torps launcher makes her an actually funny all-rounder. Kind of like a T8-Smaland. I will buy her too when she becomes available. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,410 posts
14,935 battles
24 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

I will buy her too when she becomes available.

If WG manage not to do anything excessively stupid in the meantime, it'll be an insta-buy for me too...

I'm tentatively thinking of her as a smokeless Haida, with radar instead of hydro (and T8, obviously), combined with Ikea torps/AA - that sounds right up my strasse...

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,954 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

It's also quite nice that it will also be in the Armoury as there are no premium ships in there that I want or don't already have so it will give me something to spend the Doubloons I earned over New Year and use the Discount voucher :cap_like:

Same here.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,410 posts
14,935 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Worse DPM and heal than the Öland for a short Radar?

I suspect optimal choice will depend on what you're playing, and with whom.

Radar is worth a lot if your team-mates shoot at what you light up. If.

She strikes me as fun and interesting, if not necessarily exactly world-conquering OP, and - crucially - she's pretty too!

We'd all be up in arms if she were too fearsome (reeee - P2W and all that); as it is (and without seeing the details) she looks like an entertaining addition that won't break the game. I call that a result.

• Cool 2

[WHO]
Players
32 posts
6,905 battles

Orkan is listed in 2nd set of missions that are up today - so where is it? Can't do mission in a ship that's not there. 

• Cool 2

[-TAP-]
Players
351 posts
8,719 battles
On 4/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Verblonde said:

we have a new ship for getting CQC awards with

Given that the secondary armament has a listed base range of 5km, is this the first ship put there who can get a secondary range to higher than its concealment? Entertaining though it would be, presumably the gun bloom applies to secondaries if so - or do we have a tiny new stealth-firing ship!

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,410 posts
14,935 battles
20 minutes ago, Pandafaust said:

is this the first ship put there who can get a secondary range to higher than its concealment?

Full secondary build DD...? I like the cut of your jib, sir!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,410 posts
14,935 battles
31 minutes ago, FidelisRaven said:

so where is it?

Didn't WG say that it would arrive at the end of April (or 'late' April, rather)?

I'm guessing we'll get it a week tomorrow (assuming the usual 'new stuff on Fridays' sketch)...

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
614 posts
21,086 battles

I agree that Orkan could be pretty interesting. Mabye a little bit gimmicky, but she seems not be too strong or weak which is very nice. Plus, she is both pretty and actually existed and that is a huge bonus to her appeal in my book.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,410 posts
14,935 battles
On 4/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, Verblonde said:

If WG manage not to do anything excessively stupid in the meantime, it'll be an insta-buy for me too...

<with an almighty clanging splat, the Moskva permaflage thing lands>

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 2:54 PM, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

@Crysantos  @MrConway Could you shed some light over when Orkan will be released in Premium shop?

On 3/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, Klopirat said:

it is still in tests so not soon I'd say...

maybe it will be in the second part of the EU arc, like the Ceshire in the second part of the UK CA arc

She is out of testing and patch notes say Late April...    BUUUUUUUUT todays relased Campain mission include her in one of the missions (first stage did not) so maybe VERY VERY soon

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,954 battles
2 hours ago, FidelisRaven said:

Orkan is listed in 2nd set of missions that are up today - so where is it? Can't do mission in a ship that's not there. 

i'd heard that it was going to be released in late April - but with it being used in the 2nd set of missions that it may be released today (it wasn't) or tomorrow (Friday).

But with WG's logic it will, probably, be released on the 1st May 2020.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,954 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

She is out of testing and patch notes say Late April...    BUUUUUUUUT todays relased Campain mission include her in one of the missions (first stage did not) so maybe VERY VERY soon

That would be logical but we're referring to WG.

Spreadsheet show you don't need Orkan for the 2nd set of missions (even though there is a specific task in which it can be used)......  We all know how omnipotent the spreadsheet is.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I’ve only come across one Orkan, about a month ago, while in my infrequently played Cossack, I was surprised I’d been detected  (in a bote with just 5.5km detection), a fast  , frantic knife fight ensued I killed him, and his last salvo killed me.  

A seasoned player vs me a cruiser main rusty on a dd I very rarely play, the Orkan’s been likened to the Lightning, my favourite DD, I beg to differ imho it’s more like Cossack with Radar.

At T8 it’s a great cap contesting gun bote, but when bottom tier the very few torps it has  and the increase in Radar ships will handicap it.    It won’t last long against a Daring, Gearing or Khaba etc.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles

On 4/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Verblonde said:

From the news story for the next patch:

On 4/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, Smeggo said:

I enjoyed testing her. A Lightning with one torpedolauncher and no smoke sounds terrible - but the radar + fast reloading european-torps launcher makes her an actually funny all-rounder. Kind of like a T8-Smaland. I will buy her too when she becomes available. :Smile_great:

I agree with @Smeggo loved her in testing will get here on release...  

But Im @T0byJug I musts have all thems DD's I musts  I musts I musts IIIII MUSTS

Well appart from Asashio uber deep water torps are just wrong on a torpedo boat prime..  knwo a gun boat with Uber deep water Torps maybe

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles

3 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

At T8 it’s a great cap contesting gun bote, but when bottom tier the very few torps it has  and the increase in Radar ships will handicap it.    It won’t last long against a Daring, Gearing or Khaba etc.

Can be said about just about any tier VIII DD

• Cool 1