You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Last Opportunity to Get Mainz at a Bargain Price!

58 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,063 posts
17,358 battles

This would have been awesome if not for the fact that it is way overpriced.

• Cool 15

[SRW]
Players
2,048 posts
8,079 battles

Bloody expensive for a silver line (that will be available for free next update) of the most crippled class in the game.

Thanks but no thanks.

P.S. I just noticed... for the insane price of over 80 euros you only get 1,500 EU tokens?

So you can buy only the T5, T6 and T7? 

And we all know you can get T5 if you complete directives and T6 as well, if RNG doesn't hate you too much.

So you're basically giving over 80 euros for ONE ship (a standard tech-tree T7), 100 standard expendable camos, 5k doubloons and 20 of each special flags...

Is it worth it? Not at all if you ask me. Not even close to be worth that insane price tag.

• Cool 12

[TBOAT]
Beta Tester
16 posts
5,870 battles

The price of this is absolutely unbelievable! These "great value" bundles keep getting more and more cash grabby.

Why would anyone spend money on Tokens when in a few weeks' time the entire line will be open to play?

• Cool 10

Players
2 posts
2,795 battles

Buy the bundle is equivalent to buying about 30 European containers worth of tokens on average (you get ~1800 token from 30 containers)

• Funny 1

[SRW]
Players
2,048 posts
8,079 battles
1 minute ago, pokehl99 said:

Buy the bundle is equivalent to buying about 30 European containers worth of tokens on average (you get ~1800 token from 30 containers)

And since when the premium bundles were worth the money? LOL

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,633 posts
7 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Not sure when the original price was in force since this bundle has just been added.

if you convert/calculate the price for all items (except the "mission") via credits to doubloons, you will end up with 31.433 doubloons in total. And the price for 31.433 doubloons via "any amount" is 103,40€...

• Funny 2

[SRW]
Players
2,048 posts
8,079 battles
4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

if you convert/calculate the price for all items (except the "mission") via credits to doubloons, you will end up with 31.433 doubloons in total. And the price for 31.433 doubloons via "any amount" is 103,40€...

Just because WG prices something the way they do, doesn't mean it's worth that much. 

There are some things which most players might consider worth (like certain ships) but there are also things most player don't consider worth such as credits for example.

You probably know that you can buy credits via the Premium shop and the price for 62.5mil credits is 82 euros (on discount). Is it worth it? Would you buy it? Would most player buy it? Didn't think so.

I don't want to go too wide on this topic but you see my point (which you don't necessarily have to agree with) - overpriced offers and being "discounted" even though the original price was never in place.

• Cool 6

Players
116 posts

..." BONUS THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONVERT 30 SHIP XP INTO FREE XP FOR 1 DOUBLOON "...

I know its a "bonus" but. Is this the way forward? I mean really? Not even 35? Or those "35" events just ended at all? Just wondering...

I'm sure the bundle will attract some players so they can get all the perma camos in hand and Smaland of course as that must be the only point.

But what about the masses? What about the common sense? WG want to rely a handful of players only? Whose willing to pay hundreds each month? Where's the fun gone?

Just thinking...

• Cool 6

Players
36 posts

I admit I was intrigued by this offer at first; thinking, well bonus conversion is great deal... even if I don't care one iota about any of these new ships. 

Of course language barrier and phrasing of the offer is key to understanding. 

First reaction: wow 30 (total) ship experience for 1 doubloon/ship. Fugde that's something awesome! WG finally delivered! No they didn't.... Lousy scam when you realize the nature of the offer - every 30 xp points on the ship. I won't be surprised if there will be folks who will fall for it on same premise as I assumed. For the price it's horrendous. One of the worst bundles in history of this game.

#Tryharder next time WG, stopped FXP conversions a long, loooong time ago and unless you pull something marvelous don't count on my $ coming your way. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
863 posts
14,109 battles

Well, if im correct, then you need 2 of these bundles to get Ostergotland right from the start. 160 euros for a silver tier 9 ship, talk about power leveling...

• Cool 2

Players
116 posts
7 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Well, if im correct, then you need 2 of these bundles to get Ostergotland right from the start. 160 euros for a silver tier 9 ship, talk about power leveling...

And perma camos for all those ships up to T10. And the "great xp to fxp" discount (:Smile_trollface:) to get Smaland in hand. But 160eur is 160eur. Ppl wil buy this anyway.

[SRW]
Players
2,048 posts
8,079 battles
6 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Yeah, and then some guys will justify that by probably saying some nonsense like those 160 euros to get T9 silver ship is cheaper than buying doubloons for real cash and converting it to freeXP to skip the T5-T8 ships at once. :cap_fainting:

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

5I5mGRJ.jpg

Who comes up with these "offers", seriously?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[GWN]
Players
89 posts
46 minutes ago, VorlonInside said:

I admit I was intrigued by this offer at first; thinking, well bonus conversion is great deal... even if I don't care one iota about any of these new ships. 

Of course language barrier and phrasing of the offer is key to understanding. 

First reaction: wow 30 (total) ship experience for 1 doubloon/ship. Fugde that's something awesome! WG finally delivered! No they didn't.... Lousy scam when you realize the nature of the offer - every 30 xp points on the ship. I won't be surprised if there will be folks who will fall for it on same premise as I assumed. For the price it's horrendous. One of the worst bundles in history of this game.

#Tryharder next time WG, stopped FXP conversions a long, loooong time ago and unless you pull something marvelous don't count on my $ coming your way. :Smile_popcorn:

I too first read that you can covert 30 ships free XP for 1 doubloon each but I already knew that was way too good for to be WG so I read it more carefully and I opened the bundle description and voilá so you buy just 5 extra XP conversion over normal with this "amazing" bundle. Well, at least they did not put Småland for sale, as I did expect.

Players
2 posts
1,770 battles

all of new european ships, all of them trash. If you spot on a bb and shot with all torpedo salvos, you can't blow up. If you spot a dd  and try to shot, you cant hide. Because you have not smoke. Friesland has it. You cant run, you cant hide and you cant shot!!! Why i spend  money on this ships????

if we compare them with japenese destroyers, they have so much good characteristics on paper and i realise in game. Give them some damage (5k-15k) and blow up.

Players
17 posts
2,202 battles

For me is "wanna be the first with european destroyers?,pay 80 bucks!"

Wonder if WG realize than if they made thing cheap,more people will buy,and not this "no one is buying,but when someone do we get good cash..."

• Cool 2

[EUTF]
Players
66 posts
5,051 battles

I really dont care or feel sorry for rich people that spend money for that overpriced bundles or really dont have time and are rich and buy it

But i do have problem that to sell bundles they put RNG mechanics to boxes and overprice them and now they put rng tokens so we cant plan or calculate how many tokens can we get.

In the end our actions decide how companies treat us, if we spend 100euro to boxes they will sell it again and again - if people convert xp to free xp to get smalland they will continue to do it non stop. So play and get what you want but dont complain if the game turns to a circus cause we all participate making it to a circus it didnt became suddenly.

Fun part that we said alot of times .... selling early access = skipping mid tiers and we had WG saying NTC is made to let people play more middle tier and have fun ^_^

• Cool 4

[N0RSE]
Players
155 posts
9,145 battles

@Crysantos Just wondering if Wargaming have cut out the 35:1 special deals you had before and the discount on Doubloons (been ages since that)..?

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
5 minutes ago, Fesvil said:

and the discount on Doubloons (been ages since that)..?

That's been done since we now have coupons in the armoury for premium ships (-25%). Wargaming doesn't want us to enjoy a double discount (buying doubloons discounted, and then using a coupon in the armoury). The only "discount" we're likely to see pop up every once in a blue moon is a "buy X doubloons at full price, get Y doubloons extra", which is also a sort of discount, but not really.

[N0RSE]
Players
155 posts
9,145 battles
19 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

That's been done since we now have coupons in the armoury for premium ships (-25%). Wargaming doesn't want us to enjoy a double discount (buying doubloons discounted, and then using a coupon in the armoury). The only "discount" we're likely to see pop up every once in a blue moon is a "buy X doubloons at full price, get Y doubloons extra", which is also a sort of discount, but not really.

Well thats the one I've been missing.. It's a bonus if you will... And that coupon is worthless for me :-(...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
1 hour ago, Fesvil said:

@Crysantos Just wondering if Wargaming have cut out the 35:1 special deals you had before and the discount on Doubloons (been ages since that)..?

The last 35:1 event was in December with 0.8.11, usually it happens every few months. When it comes to dubloon discounts, not sure when the next one is going to happen and in what form.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts
1,647 battles
5 hours ago, MrFingers said:

5I5mGRJ.jpg

Who comes up with these "offers", seriously?

fairly obvious isn't it, they pick te price they really want,  add between 10-25%  to it and call it a special offer

• Funny 3

Players
23 posts
9,865 battles

I think that the real question on everybody's lips is - what are WG devs on and where can I get some of that stuff myself? Since it seems it takes you into a parallel universe or some sort of La-La Land.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4