Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RamboCras

IFHE & Secondaries

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[VLOOT]
Players
298 posts
20,036 battles

I used IFHE on my Massachusetts, Ohio, Georgia to empower my secondaries more. Is that still useful in the new Meta?

 

 

Also have it on my Smolensk and Belfast... I have no clue if I should keep it. Smolensk is a fire starter, with the new IFHE that chance is cut in half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
48 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

I used IFHE on my Massachusetts, Ohio, Georgia to empower my secondaries more. Is that still useful in the new Meta?

 

 

Also have it on my Smolensk and Belfast... I have no clue if I should keep it. Smolensk is a fire starter, with the new IFHE that chance is cut in half.

Smolensk should lose it

Keep it on belfast if you use captain only for belfast, it needs the pen

Massa secondaries only if you ise it asa dedicated captain, but even then meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,896 posts
14,340 battles
13 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Massa secondaries only if you ise it asa dedicated captain, but even then meh

 

I'd give it a hard pass.

IFHE on US 127mm goes up to 26mm pen, which is not enough with all the new 27mm plating on many cruisers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,150 posts
23,858 battles

I'd skip IFHE on the ships you mentioned, without Belfast which may find it useful.

My advice is to check what threshold you can meet with IFHE - 27mm for cruiser plating, 32mm BB plating in t8+, 38mm some decks/plating. If you pass one of those thresholds and you can spare the captain points, IFHE may be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,778 battles
52 minutes ago, viceadmiral123 said:

I'd skip IFHE on the ships you mentioned, without Belfast which may find it useful.

My advice is to check what threshold you can meet with IFHE - 27mm for cruiser plating

That's why it's still useful on Smolensk. It gives 27mm pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,150 posts
23,858 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 4:00 PM, TheBrut3 said:

That's why it's still useful on Smolensk. It gives 27mm pen.

27mm is a small treshhold, it's up to you if it's worth 4 skill points and half fire chance. I personally retrained Smolensk captain without IFHE. I think aiming for superstructure you will mostly shatter on the 30mm deck rather than get random hits on the 27mm plating. It's rarely useful.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VLOOT]
Players
298 posts
20,036 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 12:53 AM, Zemeritt said:

 

I'd give it a hard pass.

IFHE on US 127mm goes up to 26mm pen, which is not enough with all the new 27mm plating on many cruisers.

Flambass just posted a video that if you are top tier and you have IFHE you will rip through every cruiser and tier 6 BBs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,896 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Flambass just posted a video that if you are top tier and you have IFHE you will rip through every cruiser and tier 6 BBs...

 

So you wanna gamble on being top tier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

You know that if you take IFHE on a battleship you will lose half of your fire chance on your main guns? However secondaries WITHOUT IFHE are quite useless. So, yeah, secondary builds are pretty dead now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×