You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

European Tokens: tutorial on how to maximise your gain!

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
12,274 battles
9 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You don't play enough to get all the crates? You don't want to watch Twitch/ KotS streams to get hard(er) missions for crates?

But you still want to get as many Pan EU DDs as possible?

Fear naught! Jethro has a nice little tutorial how to maximise your gains and make some shiny loot in the process!

Follow following steps to the letter!

1. Open your gaming client (this one is mui importante!), and weep at the sheer amount of time you might have to spend
  2. open your browser, navigate to the WoWS premium store  OR
  3. open this link: https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/18272/
  4. klick purchase
  5. flash your/ your moms credit card
  6. enter credit card details
  7. klick buy
  8. switch to game client and buy Pan EU DDs with the 1500 Tokens you just bought for 83€
  9. use Dubloons included in that 'booster' bundle to buy even more ingame bundles which contain Tokens
  10. laugh and be happy (ignore the fact that you just blew 83€ on WGs latest money grabbing scheme to buy TECH TREE ships you could get for free in a month)
  11. ignore the fact that WG is laughing - at your expense - even harder right now
  12. enjoy your new DDs and never admit that you bought the booster bundle

Your welcome!

Yeah, about that, saw a crap-ton of Östergötlands in my games yesterday, didnt do so well tho. Also more HMS Smålands then I thought I see. Im guessing many players have so much more FXP then I do.

I also saw Commander Cornflakes sail a HMS Lappland (Tier 10), anyone know what that ship supposed to be? An alternate T10?

• Funny 1

[SINT]
Players
1,002 posts
22,178 battles

How convenient. It even comes with a bonus with the privilege to convert xp to FXP at the rate of 30 for one doubloon... Although that paltry 5k doubloons will only bring 150kfxp, a bit short for the 2m FXP you need.  Might boy some moar doubloons..

WG really treats us well with this amount of love. This is too much winning...

:Smile_facepalm:

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles
4 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Yeah, about that, saw a crap-ton of Östergötlands in my games yesterday, didnt do so well tho. Also more HMS Smålands then I thought I see. Im guessing many players have so much more FXP then I do.

I also saw Commander Cornflakes sail a HMS Lappland (Tier 10), anyone know what that ship supposed to be? An alternate T10?

Lappland is the Tech tree TX DD, just renamed for testing.

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
282 posts
6,940 battles

You know Jethro..every time i see that "Saltfree content"-advertisement and check your post above that advertisement...i'm kinda wondering if you're telling the truth :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
596 posts
6,778 battles

I'm going to play as much as I want and hoard the tokens. Then, the real question: Buy camos or premium time with them? Cause unless I get enough for the tier 7 DD (which is what, 1800 tokens?), it's not worth spending the tokens. I can level the line to tier 6 or 7 easily enough - and maybe learn how to play it.

So, camos or premium days?

[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,244 battles

That's effectively the same price as 25,000 dubloons (25,000 for EUR 82.23), with an extra 5K that you get as part of the bundle.

So that's equivalent to 25 "random" bundles from Armoury at 40 tokens ea. -> 1,000 tokens.  Add in the 5K "extra" to get to 1,200 tokens.

Tier 5 +6 +7 =1,200 tokens.  So according to WG, T5, 6 & 7 silver ships together are worth EUR 82.

You need another 1,800 tokens for the T8 & 9 - you would have 300 tokens left from the 1,500.  Oh look, there's a surprise.  Buy two bundles get all 5 ships!  For the low, low price of EUR 164.  WTAF WG?

It wouldn't have been quite so bad if you could choose which ship to get and didn't have to go through sequentially.

(Anyone care to check my maths & logic please?  Have I interpreted the 1K dub "bundle" correctly?)

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles
1 minute ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

That's effectively the same price as 25,000 dubloons (25,000 for EUR 82.23), with an extra 5K that you get as part of the bundle.

So that's equivalent to 25 "random" bundles from Armoury at 40 tokens ea. -> 1,000 tokens.  Add in the 5K "extra" to get to 1,200 tokens.

Tier 5 +6 +7 =1,200 tokens.  So according to WG, T5, 6 & 7 silver ships together are worth EUR 82.

You need another 1,800 tokens for the T8 & 9 - you would have 300 tokens left from the 1,500.  Oh look, there's a surprise.  Buy two bundles get all 5 ships!  For the low, low price of EUR 164.  WTAF WG?

It wouldn't have been quite so bad if you could choose which ship to get and didn't have to go through sequentially.

(Anyone car to check my maths & logic please?  Have I interpreted the 1K dub "bundle" correctly?)

Do the Dubloon bundles always give 40 tokens? Or are they randomized like the crates?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,866 posts
21,648 battles
10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Do the Dubloon bundles always give 40 tokens? Or are they randomized like the crates?

They randomize between 20 and 250 tokens.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,400 posts
14,928 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Randomised.

I must admit when I saw the bundle initially, I vaguely thought I might be interested in saving myself some grinding time; then I saw the price. That'll be 'no' then...

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester
149 posts

i dont take issue with the contents of the bundle as a whole ( we all know bundles suck eggs ) 

what i take issue with is SELLING the ability to convert XP to FXP using Dubloons at a higher rate in the overpriced Bundle 

* notices wales queuing up *

[ALONE]
Modder
2,261 posts
13,990 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Jethro_Grey sagte:

Lappland is the Tech tree TX DD, just renamed for testing.

Right, Lappland is identical to Halland (we are testing both atm) - but Lappland has a new special-captain on it.

That's the first time we get to test the elite-captains before release.

[NECRO]
Players
1,955 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Smeggo sagte:

Right, Lappland is identical to Halland (we are testing both atm) - but Lappland has a new special-captain on it.

That's the first time we get to test the elite-captains before release.

Lappland elite-captain?

lapp.jpg

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,261 posts
13,990 battles
Vor 31 Minuten, MementoMori_6030 sagte:

Lappland elite-captain?

No, some polish guy. Because reasons. :cap_wander:

Unbenannt.JPG

[_I_]
Players
721 posts
19,450 battles
8 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

1. switch to game client and buy Pan EU DDs with the 1500 Tokens you just bought for 83€

Sorry no can do, need it to buy toilet rolls and such...

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Very good guide. Gonna try it out! +1
EDIT: Instructions unclear. I'm stuck at step 7.

For real though: if you ask WG support to block all future payments on your account, they oblige. 

Quitting the addiction might be hard, but this can help.

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,955 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Blixies sagte:

For real though: if you ask WG support to block all future payments on your account, they oblige. 

Quitting the addiction might be hard, but this can help.

And then you start sending gifts from alt accounts to your main account... :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles
1 hour ago, Nibenay78 said:

Sorry no can do, need it to buy toilet rolls and such...

Next up in the WoWS premium store:

Buy a 8 pack of toilet paper rolls for only 400€ and get a Smolensk, Missouri and Slava for free!

[_I_]
Players
721 posts
19,450 battles
33 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Next up in the WoWS premium store:

Buy a 8 pack of toilet paper rolls for only 400€ and get a Smolensk, Missouri and Slava for free!

Hm... now we're talking! Fun fact: I got an sms from my job about 1 minute before this post that a colleague has tested positive for covid-19, and I'm already feeling ill all day...

So where was that insane PR grind? I probably got a lot of time on my hands for the next two weeks...

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
12,274 battles
17 hours ago, Smeggo said:

No, some polish guy. Because reasons. :cap_wander:

Unbenannt.JPG

Yeah this baffled me a lot as well, the timing. WG releases a new DD line consisting of 80% Swedish and they drop a Polish elite captain? Blyska been in tha game in ages and now they drops him?! I know there will be a Swede as well but just thought it was a bit weird timing.

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
8,873 battles

I personally will wait and see the total income from the boxes. In the end If i need 100 or 200 tokens to get them all, i could buy bundles with dublons. Other ways nah. 

I don't see a proper reason to spent money on tech tree ships. Only for perma camos it might be worth it but like i said i will wait and see.

• Cool 1