Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miro_unconquerable

mODS !

52 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 hours ago, ooOATiOoo said:

traffic lights is a cheat then it gives you info of your enemy, and in there rulse state that its forbidden!

even if tier x players use that mod thay are noob.

If it's cheating, how come it's in the official modpack?

I don't use it personally, but I don't follow your logic either.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[NCDF]
Players
212 posts
6,321 battles

After that logic, someone using a higher resolution screen would also cheat against someone with low resolution screen...

The more pixels you have, the better you can see whether someone reverses or is going slowly forward with minimap, as you just can't see it for ships in open water that are bow in to you by vision.

Also people using divisions with voicecoms are cheating too then because they can tell each other information they get from different angles which you can't get otherwise...

*sarcasm off*

• Cool 10

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles

I guess you got conquered by mods?

edit: I use it, I also use HP bars on the team side details.

but you know, I play on a crappy 15.6” laptop with a 6200u and a 950m, so I need all the help I can get lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[MAS-X]
Players
435 posts
11,147 battles

Mods show you what you could see by yourself...

At least that should be the rule

But indeed, the traffic lights over a ship, tells you if that ship have selected fordward, stop or backward, before the smoke of their pipes changes direction, and from angles were the smoke could hardly be seen.

The team health over your head, tells you how much health have the ships in your team and in the enemy team, without the need to look around and pay attention to all of them....

The torpedo advisor, tells if the cruiser or the bb that's getting close to you, have torps. No need to be an expert who knows every ship. You will never flank a battleship like the geinesau or the tirpiz, and get Surprised by their torps.

Honestly, i did installed them after 3 years of normal play, cause it felt so unfair not having them. I wonder how many times, those lights and the other features, would have made the difference, allowing me to win battles that i lost.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,723 battles
36 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Honestly, i did installed them after 3 years of normal play, cause it felt so unfair not having them. I wonder how many times, those lights and the other features, would have made the difference, allowing me to win battles that i lost.

For me personally? Not that much difference honestly. Last mod I tried was the angling direction  mod I think, and while it was kind of nice I never really felt it made a huge difference. If a ship was angling I could see it and just readjusted my aim, no need for a mod to tell me that.

None of the mods avaliable that are sanctioned does not strike me as hugely advantageous and I don't see any real issues with them. I will happily sail around with my vanilla client that is as uncluttered as possible thank you.

[JRM]
Players
7,239 posts

Well nomogram speeds up aiming but then again it can be a nuisance when shooting behind a mountain so quid pro quo I guess

Players
620 posts
3,599 battles

I like the larger smoke timer from Mod station and I have Wr of my ships displayed in port but that's about it for my DD's to be honest. I also tried the angle mod but found I never looked at it..

Players
871 posts
5,845 battles

Well, I have installed admittedly a number of 'gameplay' mods....

- Health bars.... simply to give me an idea how the teams as a whole are doing. Usually I look at the bars of the enemy ships I face directly.

- Range mods (torpedo and gun range). Some of the notorious ones I know.... still nice to have some idea... BTW, even if enemy ships have torps, still you have to pay attention to dodge them.

- One of the nomograms.... helps somewhat indeed, though still.... 

I the feeling I am using the two bottom ones less and less, at least consiously.

[XTREM]
Players
1,968 posts
14,749 battles

Never used any mods, and I probably never will.

Besides, I hate clutter on my screen.  

• Cool 4

[XTREM]
Players
1,968 posts
14,749 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Dis is gettin out of hand. Wut in the Seven is a 'Traffic Light' mod? :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

Players
3,031 posts
3 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

It should be removed or banned. 

There are other ways to know this, If WG wants it, add it to the main game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I've tried those traffic lights once and found them inaccurate.

Giving me false information was worse than estimating the movement of the ship myself.

So I removed that and never looked back.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,239 posts

Traffic lights are only usefoul for head on target on which you cant see the smoke direction, but also they are not completely infallable as the 1/4-back see-saw can throw them off as well, overall i d say the mini navigator is of limited use if you play a lot for hit n run to maximise the salvos effects, live icons are usefoul esp for DDs as they give you last spoted HP of ships so you kinda know what your conterpart has to work with, nomogram is usefoul if you shoot a lot in the open for faster aiming as shooting over hills tends to trow it off (the nomogram slides by the distance to where the aim recticle is) all other mods (we are talking modstation here) are qol or purrly cosmetic

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,053 posts
12,327 battles

I have some mods installed but I cant really say they give me any great advantages from all the other players in the game. I never used the traffic light one, its ugly as hell and I see no purpose for it. I have the angle mod because im over 45 y.o and have shitty eyesight so I cant tell if a ship is sailing towards me or away from me. But this mod doesnt give me any more advantages then I could have gotten from looking at the minimap, and if I had needed to use the minimap I would need to maximize its size so it covers the screen. 

Someone once told me its a cheat because it tells you which angle you can penn which I question if thats really so, and either way its nothing that you cant tell by experience and looking at the angle on the minimap.

Other then that, the rest are mostly decorative, like the calm water mod that makes the ocean very beautiful.

I think mostly some wants to find other reasons to why they loose most of the matches and encounters. 

• Cool 4

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

-Side panels by BaDoBest

To see the state of the enemy ships on the other side of the map without turning my camera
-Minimap Mod

To see the size of each map square. Helps when playing dds to decide whether i can set up a tight ambush or push closer to enemies

-Chat mod

Because i dont give a [edited]what the players name who talks is, but i do need to know in what ship he is sailing.

-Angle mod

Cause poor eye sight. The only real advantage is that you dont spend 2-3 seconds looking at the minimap trying to figure out if he is turning in or out
-Traffic lights

Because i am too [edited]lazy to double tap M to achieve the same result every time i need to know this information

-Regen assistant

Cause i never bothered to figure out what the max hp i can heal is on each ship

-Time to win counter

To know if i need to push for a win or if i can play it safe and win if nothing changes

None of these mods provide anything more than sparing you 2-3 seconds to achieve the same results.
Also they are never gonna disallow these mods.
Instead they should include them to the game client in case 'tatoes like you start playing a bit better and realize what angling really means

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
Players
73 posts
5,640 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

I think mostly some wants to find other reasons to why they loose most of the matches and encounters. 

Just hit the nail on the head 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,870 posts
21,702 battles
14 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

After that logic, someone using a higher resolution screen would also cheat against someone with low resolution screen...

The more pixels you have, the better you can see whether someone reverses or is going slowly forward with minimap, as you just can't see it for ships in open water that are bow in to you by vision.

Also people using divisions with voicecoms are cheating too then because they can tell each other information they get from different angles which you can't get otherwise...

*sarcasm off*

The I must be a massive cheater with my huge monitor, teamspeak, and competent clan mates. :cap_win:

I can live with that.:cap_tea:

Players
182 posts
24,445 battles

If you want to fight raw...press Cntrl J at the start of battle. Otherwise just download the official MOD pack or play as installed. It's a choice not a cheat.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,835 posts
20,122 battles
11 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Dis is gettin out of hand. Wut in the Seven is a 'Traffic Light' mod? :Smile-angry:

That's the mod (mostly) BB players use.

Sadly, it's broken so they always have a red light, which means they can't move forward to support their team and have to stay back.

Understandable, did you see the prices of the tickets you get if you cross a red light?

• Funny 6

Players
620 posts
3,599 battles

I'm installing this mod tonight for all my DDs. I'll be Super Uni by Monday if what I read about its advantages is true. Can't wait..

Beta Tester
3,499 posts
16,034 battles

These "traffic lights" are just a quality of life improvement, as you do not have to look at the waves to see if a ship is reversing etc.

Sign in to follow this