Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WBOWBO

World of Warships - Anti-Cheat Policy warning

7 comments in this topic

[VATR]
Players
2 posts
4,116 battles

Dear all,

I've received a warning mail:

"We’ve discovered that some prohibited software has been used on this account. This software makes changes to the system libraries and intrudes into the system processes of the game, or helps players aim at targets using methods that aren’t allowed in the game.

We recommend that you avoid the use of prohibited software in future.
A further violation will lead to temporal and then to permanent suspension of the account.

To ensure that your game client is clear of such software, we recommend that you reinstall the game and check your computer for any prohibited software."

I haven't installed mods or anything. I dont cheat. I did activate replay, but thats not illegal is it?

Anyway, I made a support call to ask why I was accused. Each time I get the same reaction: to avoid a ban I have to reinstall. This was the latest reaction:

"Greetings WBOWBO,

Thanks for reaching us at Wargaming Player Support!

To make sure you have not have installed any mods (maybe even as a mistake) we suggest doing a clean installation just as a precaution not to get your account suspended in the future because if that happens unfortunately we cannot take any action and remove the ban for any reason.

As the situation has already been explained to you more than once, I'm going to close this ticket.

For any other questions, you know where to find us.
I wish you the best of luck on the battlefield, Commander!

Kind regards,"

[VATR]
Players
2 posts
4,116 battles

Shaders? (I don't even know what those are.) I don't use anything… only the game itself. Thats why I cant understand why I am being accused.

I tried to get an answer but they just keep saying that I need to reinstall to prevent a ban.

But I only installed the game and after that the automatic updates. Nothing else.

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles

Shaders are part of your system.

Check which ones you use. Some of them put you on the naughtly list as they allow to make islands transparent.

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

Lets be straight.... I hate cheats... I especially hates cheats in games with other humans like this... I have no sympathy for them at all.

Having said that,  I do not think WoWs would ban you without being 100% sure you were actually guilty... the message you got asks you to make sure you are not accidentally breaking the rules unknowingly.

If in doubt, ask other players or staff how to ... disinfect.... your game. Good players are worth keeping... remember that.

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
16,104 battles

Sorry for a bit of necro, but I had a similar situation happened to me twice already.

No mods have been installed and I did not tamper with the files apart from doing some basich cache cleaning and finally a clean reinstall.

I am currently banned for 7 days and when I appealed I get a pre-written formulas as a reply and the ban was not lifted.

Either the anti-cheat system is very crude or people operating it may use some training. I am really afraid of losing my account and years I've invested in it.

Does anyone know where I can take my case?

Examples of the replies I got back:

You have reached Wargaming Player Support.

First of all, we are sorry to hear about your account suspension. However, The three-violations rule will be applied against any players who use prohibited software.

First violation: the player will receive a warning.
Second violation: the player will receive a warning and have their account suspended for 7 days.
Third violation: permanent suspension of the player’s account.

Since you broke the rules of the game, you receive a suspension according to our rules. Unfortunately, since not following the rules can’t be excused, we can’t remove your suspension. Please, take into account that we do this in order to maintain a good environment in the game. You can find the rules of the game in this link: Game Rules.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Other helpful information can be checked here ->Player support.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.

I am Pelinsu, and I will do my best to help you.

I am really sorry to have to inform you of the disciplinary action taken against your World of Warships.

A rule violation has been detected in your account as a result of mod use.

I totally understand you. I would like to inform you that, mods used by our players are detected by the system and restrictions are given automatically. We do not recommend you to use any mods or cheats at the game. Since some of the mods may contain additional programs installed in it which may be ended by a restriction for you to reach to your account. In this case system caught you with a mod, you banned from the game forever. What I recommend you is to remove all the additional installations and play the game as pure as it is with a different account.

If you have concerns about something that has been done to your account unfairly, please mention it at the forum, so by this way our game developers will be able to see that and they will try to find any problem which may be existing on the system.

So you received a ban according to the penalty order. Unfortunately, we cannot lift your ban, as failure to comply with the rules cannot be excused. Please note that we do this to provide a good environment in the game.

In order to double check our game rules, please click here.

Should you have further questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Wishing you good luck in your battles and have a wonderful day.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
54 posts
7,645 battles

I got the same warning , I dont use cheats , hell i dont even use modstation or Aslain . 
I dont know what they use to detect such "modifications" but they probably never heard of false positives either.
They gave me the same robotic reply as always , strange thing is they did not asked samples of the modified files they claimed they found in my game files which makes it weird .

They didnt even ask for the computer config to examine what hardware could cause their so called modification , IF it is hardware related.

Sign in to follow this