Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Stream Rewards Guide for 0.9.2

29 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
1,375 posts

Update 0.9.2 is positively jam-packed with rewards just waiting for you to grab on stream! European Containers, special King of the Sea Containers, and –of course– some good ol' Twitch Drops.

Read it on the portal

Players
85 posts

As usual, the Twitch missions are crap.

I am starting to wonder why exactly did I even bothered with linking ...

[-GNG-]
Players
93 posts
8,169 battles

Hello, I saw a steam of yours on youtube and in chat I found this code "ASSEMBLYREQUIRED", well it didn't worked.

I entered the code at 21:30 local time in Greece.

For how long is the code (or any code you give on strams live) valid?

[SRW]
Players
2,045 posts
8,075 battles

The code was valid for the duration of the stream.

Once the stream ended, the codes were no longer valid.

The same rule will be applied to the next streams with codes for missions as well.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
944 posts
14,495 battles

I don't have time to sit through three hours of stream to get five seconds worth of information.

[SRW]
Players
2,045 posts
8,075 battles
16 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I don't have time to sit through three hours of stream to get five seconds worth of information.

Me neither. I just pop-in somewhere by the end of the stream and check the chat, see the code and redeem it. After that I close the stream and done.

I have a question though... 

This images shows that there will be 4 videos awarding missions to obtain 10 EU containers...

f08bdcbe-5eca-11ea-8583-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

But there, when you check the schedule of the events, there are only 3 missions awarding 6 EU containers in total...

a039dabc-629f-11ea-8b60-38eaa735f4cc_120

I believe there will be a 4th mission awarding 4 EU containers when completed?

If so, why it hasn't been included in the schedule from above?

Because it will be in April and the schedule is for March only? 

If that's the case I'd unfortunately have to call BS again as I see it as a clear intent to manipulate information once again.

• Boring 2

[RUHR]
Beta Tester
3 posts
4,081 battles

Then why say watch the youtube one as well then as some people have to work late a miss all then streams would have made more sense for a 24hr valid code.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,063 posts
17,358 battles

It is disappointing that the year of the pig flag is unattainable for the overwhelming majority of players.

it's just a decorative flag WG, not a permanent silver booster.

Again, WG has managed to show they are customer unfriendly.

Players
2 posts
5,795 battles

the code wasnt working even during the stream, many people in the chat saying so and i was one of the unlucky ones, but with the normal WG answers of "it should be working" decided not to bother with streams anymore and unsubbed from youtube.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
23 hours ago, WWDragon said:

As usual, the Twitch missions are crap.

I am starting to wonder why exactly did I even bothered with linking ...

What is crap about them? Also it's just additional free content, if it's not worth it for you there's no need to go for it.

20 hours ago, hogger4169 said:

Hello, I saw a steam of yours on youtube and in chat I found this code "ASSEMBLYREQUIRED", well it didn't worked.

The codes are usually valid throughout the stream + a bit extra, but not much longer after the stream is finished.

16 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Me neither. I just pop-in somewhere by the end of the stream and check the chat, see the code and redeem it. After that I close the stream and done.

But there, when you check the schedule of the events, there are only 3 missions awarding 6 EU containers in total...

I believe there will be a 4th mission awarding 4 EU containers when completed?

If so, why it hasn't been included in the schedule from above?

Because it will be in April and the schedule is for March only? 

If that's the case I'd unfortunately have to call BS again as I see it as a clear intent to manipulate information once again.

Could you please stop looking for evil ghosts where there are none? Mission 4 with 4 EU containers as reward will be available in the last week of the Update, which is in April. The next month's streaming plan hasn't been finalized yet and we didn't want to squeeze in even more info into that schedule image.

8 hours ago, Whamsize said:

Then why say watch the youtube one as well then as some people have to work late a miss all then streams would have made more sense for a 24hr valid code.

It's about the streams, not the VODs - but we could delete them afterwards if it leads to too much confusion. There will always be a case where somebody might not be able to be there during an activity, unfortunately. These bonuscodes are directly linked to the streams, this is why we restrict their validity to the stream duration - but maybe you can ask a friend of yours to just send you the bonuscode and you just activate it on the phone in the meantime.

7 hours ago, Aragathor said:

It is disappointing that the year of the pig flag is unattainable for the overwhelming majority of players.

it's just a decorative flag WG, not a permanent silver booster.

Again, WG has managed to show they are customer unfriendly.

Also here, please don't see the devil in everything. MrConway and me saw that there was no other plan for the pig flag yet, so we added it since it fits the timeframe to this set of missions. No evil thought behind it, just wanted to provide guys with an opportunity to get it. I can ask if we can make it available through some other means in the future.

43 minutes ago, Paskal0kki001 said:

the code wasnt working even during the stream, many people in the chat saying so and i was one of the unlucky ones, but with the normal WG answers of "it should be working" decided not to bother with streams anymore and unsubbed from youtube.

Sorry about that - it was my mistake since the stream lasted longer than planned and the bonuscode expired (while I thought it would still be active until a bit after the end of the stream). I added the mission to your account, sorry for the issue.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

What about those containers for the KoTS-tournament? Any information on those?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,063 posts
17,358 battles
29 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Also here, please don't see the devil in everything. MrConway and me saw that there was no other plan for the pig flag yet, so we added it since it fits the timeframe to this set of missions. No evil thought behind it, just wanted to provide guys with an opportunity to get it. I can ask if we can make it available through some other means in the future.

That's not for you to decide. We are talking about a flag that gives nothing but a decoration, but yet is limited to a random only grind that includes getting heroic achievements, something the average player doesn't see every day.

Let me remind you what requirements were given for this year's Lunar New Year flag:

Win a battle playing a Tier V–X ship, and you'll get a commemorative flag honoring the Year of the White Metal Rat, as well as three Wargaming containers. Each of them includes 1 day of Premium Account, 3x Papa Papa signals, and 3x Juliet Charlie signals.

And it was a coop mission too.

How the year of the pig mission is reasonable, is beyond me compared with this.

• Cool 2

Players
85 posts
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

What is crap about them? Also it's just additional free content, if it's not worth it for you there's no need to go for it.

They ALWAYS have to be done in Random.

Its not about being "free content" (that I would not call "win 5 battles in co-op" content or the 5 camo) but they entirely ignore people that for whatever reasons do not play Random. Also the one from the code? Also have to be done on Random because of course it have since its oh so easy for everyone to get what? 1800 base XP?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

That's not for you to decide. We are talking about a flag that gives nothing but a decoration, but yet is limited to a random only grind that includes getting heroic achievements, something the average player doesn't see every day.

Let me remind you what requirements were given for this year's Lunar New Year flag:

And it was a coop mission too.

How the year of the pig mission is reasonable, is beyond me compared with this.

Not for us to decide, what? There was no other plan for this flag and thus we added it as little goodie on top - as we did last month with the Valentine's flag that many players already have and other flags that have been available through other means. This is not supposed to be "the way" to get this flag, it simply fit our current month. No reason for this hostility and if we see that more players would like to get this flag, I'm sure we'll find a way to make it available through an easier way than the Twitch Drops.

2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

What about those containers for the KoTS-tournament? Any information on those?

Two additional containers will be available through Twitch Drops on the finals weekend - one on Saturday, one on Sunday. But more details on that in a dedicated KotS article.

1 hour ago, WWDragon said:

They ALWAYS have to be done in Random.

Its not about being "free content" (that I would not call "win 5 battles in co-op" content or the 5 camo) but they entirely ignore people that for whatever reasons do not play Random. Also the one from the code? Also have to be done on Random because of course it have since its oh so easy for everyone to get what? 1800 base XP?

Yes, we design them this way and you can blame me for this. There are many missions out there to be done in other modes, but for Twitch Drops we want to encourage you to play Randoms and become a better player.  Rewarding good gameplay in most cases. This is our choice and while we add every once in a while an easier mission, we see these as challenges, that are themed them around current modes or other activities that are happening in the game.

Have a nice weekend, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[-GNG-]
Players
93 posts
8,169 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

22 hours ago, hogger4169 said:

The codes are usually valid throughout the stream + a bit extra, but not much longer after the stream is finished.

I tried to enter the code before the stream ends (10 minures approx. before the end). The code didn't worked.

Players
85 posts
41 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

but for Twitch Drops we want to encourage you to play Randoms and become a better player.

And thus I have no incentive to watch WOWS Streams, after all isnt Twitch Drops meant to encourage people to watch streams and thus increase visibility of the game on Twitch? If you carrot is GIT GUD NOOB then its not much a carrot now is it?

So, not bothering with WOWS Streams anymore as I already had to get out of my way to watch then.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
5 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

And thus I have no incentive to watch WOWS Streams, after all isnt Twitch Drops meant to encourage people to watch streams and thus increase visibility of the game on Twitch? If you carrot is GIT GUD NOOB then its not much a carrot now is it?

So, not bothering with WOWS Streams anymore as I already had to get out of my way to watch then.

That's true and there are also regular Twitch Drops containers available, unrelated to what you play in the game. I understand your point of view and I'm sure there will be Coop-missions in future campaigns but overall the design philosophy behind these missions will stay rather focused on randoms. If the streams are not interesting for you in general I get that, no need to go out of your way for that if you don't enjoy the content there.

Have a nice weekend! Crysantos

[SRW]
Players
2,045 posts
8,075 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 6:30 PM, Crysantos said:

Could you please stop looking for evil ghosts where there are none? Mission 4 with 4 EU containers as reward will be available in the last week of the Update, which is in April. The next month's streaming plan hasn't been finalized yet and we didn't want to squeeze in even more info into that schedule image.

I just said that if there is a Mission #4 it should have been in calendar that shows all information about streams. It would be too much information? Really? That's the excuse? So everything else included on that article is fine and necessary but actually mentioning all missions would be too much and over the top?

Yeah, I'm seeing ghosts apparently. :cap_fainting:

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
On 3/13/2020 at 8:25 PM, Crysantos said:

Two additional containers will be available through Twitch Drops on the finals weekend - one on Saturday, one on Sunday. But more details on that in a dedicated KotS article.

I'll wait for the details, but... how are we supposed to complete a collection with just 3 containers (1 from the Daily Login Rewards, 2 from the missions)? Or will items drop from regular daily containers as well, like previous collections did.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
15 hours ago, MrFingers said:

I'll wait for the details, but... how are we supposed to complete a collection with just 3 containers (1 from the Daily Login Rewards, 2 from the missions)? Or will items drop from regular daily containers as well, like previous collections did.

I can already spoiler that, there will be more. In total there will 8 containers available with KotS X - so you won't be able to complete this collection immediately. More collection containers will be available with future iterations of the tournament in similar ways ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

[BAMO]
Players
3 posts
1,260 battles

Well it's kinda shame that codes are valid just for specific region. I didn't have much time on thursday so I tried to watch Russian stream on friday but code was not valid for me... So much for claiming that there is multiple streams during the week so we dont have to worry about not having time on one specific stream. Still I find something strange by obtaining twich drops for watching it but not be able to claim the code.

• Cool 1

[GROM-]
Players
8 posts
16,345 battles

RU is another server and I can understand that such code doesn’t work on EU but yesterday I watched German stream and it didn’t work either (I’m from PL, 10 km from the German border). I entered the code (during stream), got message “thank you for activating the code” and nothing happened in the game client... How come?

[BAMO]
Players
3 posts
1,260 battles
12 minutes ago, Marek_G01 said:

RU is another server and I can understand that such code doesn’t work on EU but yesterday I watched German stream and it didn’t work either (I’m from PL, 10 km from the German border). I entered the code (during stream), got message “thank you for activating the code” and nothing happened in the game client... How come?

Well I can understand it too but, what I can't understand is why they claimed on the english stream that we can watch other streams and activate the code. That was bit missleading... Don't get me wrong, I will gladly watch the other streams that I can understand, especialy because I am dedicated DD player and I want know as much as possible about the European ships before playing them. But it feels kinda bad that I wasn't able to get the code while watching almost the entire stream I can understand but would be able to get the code just by watching chat on the german stream (that I wouldn't understand) for few minutes just to get the code.
Btw did you check out personal missions? 

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,630 posts
38 minutes ago, Marek_G01 said:

How come?

did you use the ASSEMBLYREQUIRED code from last Thursday?

Sign in to follow this