Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw

3 Smolensk's MM

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
22 posts
4,363 battles

W.G...3 times today you want from us to participate in a battle with 3 Smolensk each side...I ll inform you that in the future

i refuse to do that...if so...i ask from my teammates to forgive me (they dont...i understand that) but i press the W button and i offer FREE XP's to any opponent team player needs more.I know that you dont give a crap... if you were you should NEVER bring out shitboats like your Smolenk......at 9.2.0 you stop it but its TOOOOO late...any medium to bad player of your gets one just to take revenge...becouse he cant do any damage with any other decent ship!....

  • Cool 8
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
193 posts
22,147 battles

Only 3 per team? Thats nothing.... Yesterday i had a game with total of 9 Smolensk's, 4 in my team and 5 in the enemy team, thats insne! Luckily for me, somehow i managed to devatstate 2 of them at the begginging of the game with Yamato :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
8,878 battles

Everyone playing Smolensk in Ranked Battle. What MM can do about it. If you are talking about Random battle, well i say get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,744 battles

I understand it can be annoying to face certain ships.

 

But if you AFK or suicide because of that and let down the rest of your team you will be reported harder than it is facing a Wooster in an Asashio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,978 posts
15,146 battles
23 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

W.G...3 times today you want from us to participate in a battle with 3 Smolensk each side...I ll inform you that in the future

i refuse to do that...if so...i ask from my teammates to forgive me (they dont...i understand that) but i press the W button and i offer FREE XP's to any opponent team player needs more.

That will teach them :Smile_teethhappy:   

 :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,495 battles

120 fire ribbon mission have caused this.... it will change when people start getting that mission done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles

Heavy cruiser AP murders her, as does most larger calibre HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,534 posts
9,021 battles

I do not see the problem. Minotaur is much stronger IMO. 

Must say though the REEEEEEEE when you play Smolensk is much better. :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NHSOS]
Players
126 posts
3,411 battles
47 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

W.G...3 times today you want from us to participate in a battle with 3 Smolensk each side...I ll inform you that in the future

i refuse to do that...if so...i ask from my teammates to forgive me (they dont...i understand that) but i press the W button and i offer FREE XP's to any opponent team player needs more.I know that you dont give a crap... if you were you should NEVER bring out shitboats like your Smolenk......at 9.2.0 you stop it but its TOOOOO late...any medium to bad player of your gets one just to take revenge...becouse he cant do any damage with any other decent ship!....

in 9.2 they nerfed em. learn to kill em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,744 battles
1 minute ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

I think you mean buffed

Armour nerf and strenghtening other cruisers armour meaning IFHE is not really that worth it anymore freeing up those points for something else.

 

A tie between a buff or nerf really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
310 posts
20,297 battles
Just now, ollonborre said:

A tie between a buff or nerf really.

Agree, just think the armour "nerf" will make it eat even more overpens (if that was possible). I wouldn't mind so many Smolensks in game if it was easier to punish their misplays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,744 battles
3 minutes ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Agree, just think the armour "nerf" will make it eat even more overpens (if that was possible). I wouldn't mind so many Smolensks in game if it was easier to punish their misplays.

Thing is with 16 mm of armour everywhere every single BB (and some cruisers) will overmatch it from every single angle pretty much. So normal pens are still very likely to happen on a more regular basis. Broadside it might still be annoying to punish however, or cruisers will eat them alive if given a chance.

 

No way to tell for sure without testing which is something they should have done before dumping this live, but oh well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GOUF]
Beta Tester
333 posts
6,991 battles
1 hour ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

W.G...3 times today you want from us to participate in a battle with 3 Smolensk each side...I ll inform you that in the future

i refuse to do that...if so...i ask from my teammates to forgive me (they dont...i understand that) but i press the W button and i offer FREE XP's to any opponent team player needs more.I know that you dont give a crap... if you were you should NEVER bring out shitboats like your Smolenk......at 9.2.0 you stop it but its TOOOOO late...any medium to bad player of your gets one just to take revenge...becouse he cant do any damage with any other decent ship!....

 

In the next 3 days everyone who has  a Smolensk will take her out to check if keep IFHE or not. You may consider taking a break and came back next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles

Took a look today and it seems they hammered the deck and not only the skirts, interesting...

 

Didnt prevent me from farming my fire ribbons in coop though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,837 posts
20,122 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

120 fire ribbon mission have caused this.... it will change when people start getting that mission done

This mission can be done in coop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,495 battles
10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

This mission can be done in coop. 

What I did in Smolensk 21 fires in one of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,495 battles

Unlocked the directive containers and now I will retire back to Aegis for the rest of the week....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles
5 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Unlocked the directive containers and now I will retire back to Aegis for the rest of the week....

I think I will go a similar path already slapped a spare 19pt on duca yesterday... ^^

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,264 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

Thing is with 16 mm of armour everywhere every single BB (and some cruisers) will overmatch it from every single angle pretty much. So normal pens are still very likely to happen on a more regular basis. Broadside it might still be annoying to punish however, or cruisers will eat them alive if given a chance.

 

No way to tell for sure without testing which is something they should have done before dumping this live, but oh well.

Unless I'm missing something, Smolensk sailing angled at 60 degrees ie just enough to use all 4 turrets can ricochet non improved AP shells, while upper hull have 32mm effective thickness. To put into perspective, 305mm AP needs 51mm to arm, 406mm - 68mm, 460mm - 76mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,744 battles
41 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Unless I'm missing something, Smolensk sailing angled at 60 degrees ie just enough to use all 4 turrets can ricochet non improved AP shells, while upper hull have 32mm effective thickness. To put into perspective, 305mm AP needs 51mm to arm, 406mm - 68mm, 460mm - 76mm.

I see. Hopefully it will still be enough "meat" in the ship to atleast warrant some weird normal pens. But you never know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,264 posts
12,019 battles
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

I see. Hopefully it will still be enough "meat" in the ship to atleast warrant some weird normal pens. But you never know for sure.

Well, WG just shaved off meat because players asked for Smolensk nerf:cap_book:

 

Or pray EXTRA hard to RNGesus your overmatching shell somehow clip through deck. Or ask Smolensk to angle harder, preferably almost bow on - 16/cos 75 degrees gives merely 61mm effective, not enough to arm even 380mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
2 hours ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Agree, just think the armour "nerf" will make it eat even more overpens (if that was possible). I wouldn't mind so many Smolensks in game if it was easier to punish their misplays.

HE doesn’t overpen though, and Even I’d you can’t citadel it, they only have like 40hp anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×