You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

Pan Euro DDs - Visby WTH?

148 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

Ok so I open the armory and take a look around, since i needed some elite economic flags of the variety I bought the first 60 token bundle and saw the next one is 250, nice...

So i have a Visby now...

Like WG WTH???

I would like REALLY like to know WHAT in this ships stats is actually good?

What prompted you to recently nerf her?

Because the 65kt torp speed is really not that special now is it?

But 6k damage per fish sure is speshul...

And to boot she has 7.5s reload on 5 very mediocre guns...

Slow clapping

• Cool 13

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, it’s not russian comrade! Did you really expect non-russian ships to be balans? To the gulag! 

Really you don’t see in this game any good ship that isn’t russian?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

I dont think so, I do like 20k per match with Visby, not impressive, if you land more then couple of torps you can count yourself lucky...

Ah well maybe Kami and Gremy just spoiled me 2 much...

She is a nimble little :etc_swear: though I must say

[ALONE]
Modder
2,264 posts
13,991 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Yedwy sagte:

Because the 65kt torp speed is really not that special now is it?

But 6k damage per fish sure is speshul...

The higher tiers have faster torps, but the damage stays minimal.

Expect fun with this line, but don't expect do do meaningful damage :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles
13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I dont think so, I do like 20k per match with Visby, not impressive, if you land more then couple of torps you can count yourself lucky...

She is a nimble little :etc_swear: though I must say

LOL well if you use those to as your benchmark... Im struggling today but loved her in testing

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Please don't measure T5 DD performance against OP prems.

Players
760 posts
10,998 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, it’s not russian comrade! Did you really expect non-russian ships to be balans? To the gulag! 

Russian bias is not a thing, really it is just Western Anti-Russian Forum propaganda.

• Funny 11

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
8 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Please don't measure T5 DD performance against OP prems.

Ehm ok well then how about French?

Jaguar

5x130mm @ 6.6s base

2x3 68kt fish with 14880 dmage & same 8km range?

• Cool 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Ehm ok well then how about French?

Jaguar

5x130mm @ 6.6s base

2x3 68kt fish with 14880 dmage & same 8km range?

How about Mutsuki?

2x1 @ 5.5s 

2x3 63 knot torps with 14.6k damage, 8 km range and a significantly longer reload.

Or Jianwei?

5x1 with 8s reload

2x3 torps you can barely stealth fire and that won't hit DDs.

Acasta?

4x1 with 5s reload

2x4 59 knot torps with 11k damage and no ability to stealth torp unless people are pushing into you. Also an utterly ridiculous 95s reload for T5.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

So i have a Visby now...

Likewise, and the T6 too; I think that'll do me for the moment though.

My instant - based on one quick Coop game each - impression is that they'll be quite fun, having a heal at lower tiers is nice, concealment is average, fast long-range (for the tier) torps are nice but the alpha is painfully anaemic, and the guns are okayish but the turret traverse is a bit low - EM may be called for when you get to 12 points I think.

• Cool 1

[PHL]
Beta Tester
338 posts
18,319 battles

How much time do you have for the missions (for perma camo). Until end of this patch or the next patch, too?

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

Well since they are bonus missions its likely this patch only...

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
1 hour ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

How about Mutsuki?

2x1 @ 5.5s 

2x3 63 knot torps with 14.6k damage, 8 km range and a significantly longer reload.

Or Jianwei?

5x1 with 8s reload

2x3 torps you can barely stealth fire and that won't hit DDs.

Acasta?

4x1 with 5s reload

2x4 59 knot torps with 11k damage and no ability to stealth torp unless people are pushing into you. Also an utterly ridiculous 95s reload for T5.

How about T22?

Taking the powerceept is pointles since I did not say this ship is worst of the pack but she is probably mid or even low part of the table also all the torps you mentioned are like twice as powerfoul if not more, point is you wont hit any more often with these 65kt fish for them to be nerfbatted and the guns are nothing to write home aboit either

Well I guess we wait for the st.spreadsheet

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
3,301 posts
3,849 battles

My guess is that Wargaming have decided to rather release the new destroyers in a somewhat weaker state, than to risk having them turn out too strong and then call down a proper rage-fest when hitting them with the nerfbat. Better to err on the side of caution, in other words?

• Cool 2

Players
1,912 posts
39 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

My guess is that Wargaming have decided to rather release the new destroyers in a somewhat weaker state, than to risk having them turn out too strong and then call down a proper rage-fest when hitting them with the nerfbat. Better to err on the side of caution, in other words?

Not if its Russian or the Thunderer tho. Then the other way around. Except no nerfs. Rather buffs camoflaged as nerfes. 

Beta Tester
3,301 posts
3,849 battles
9 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Not if its Russian or the Thunderer tho. Then the other way around. Except no nerfs. Rather buffs camoflaged as nerfes. 

Well, they did recently publish some projected nerfs of the new Russian cruisers, saying that they are thinking about halving the duration of the stealth radars from 20 to 10 seconds. That is certainly not a buff. On the other hand we shouldn't have any damn stealth radars in the game to begin with, so I'm not gonna throw a party just because they may decide to release something that is slightly less bad for the game than they had originally planned. And as Flamu pointed out in his video the other day, they may be trying to sneak this one in under the fence, thinking that they can just tweak it around later with extended duration later and maybe some extra upgrade possibilities and whatnot.

I sincerely try to avoid tinfoil hat thinking, since it's never constructive in any way. I rather try to maintain at least a cautious optimism. So it is a bit annoying when I find myself unable to dismiss these sorts of theories out of hand. Whether I should be annoyed with Wargaming or with myself, is perhaps an open question...? :Smile_sceptic:

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

The 10s radar wont stick, esp if they dont remove the delay before your team can see the thing you are radaring, CAs can fire one or maybe two salvoes in that time, in the meanwhile Desmo can fire 10 salvoes during her radar...

No way that makes it to live server

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

I played 3 or 4 games with her in randoms (upgraded hull and SE) and I died once I think was top 3 in almost all games...

She has a heal an survivability is decent, I have issues with the damge dealing part of her not her HP

Players
203 posts
4,569 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

I played 3 or 4 games with her in randoms (upgraded hull and SE) and I died once I think was top 3 in almost all games...

She has a heal an survivability is decent, I have issues with the damge dealing part of her not her HP

I also enjoyed playing her. Västerås on the other hand feels like a downgrade for some reason...

[CU]
Players
266 posts
22,314 battles

They really were a bit too strong in test, but havent played the "final" version of Visby et al yet. I assume that they will still be agile and pretty tough, with accurate guns and fast reloading torps. I tended to use the torp acceleration perk as you dont really need the extra range.

Below was a pretty good game from a late version of Visby, but 100k dmg games werent unusual. Will go and have a look at how it performs now.

World_of_warships Screenshot 2020.02.03 - 17.48.59.86.png