Game server issue - possible disconnects Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
blindhai

So...when do you compliment or report players?

63 comments in this topic

[NUKED]
Players
471 posts
12,795 battles

Hi there,

i was wondering when you use the compliment/reporting system?

I for one compliment a player when he gets at least 2000 base XP, always. I think that you can honor those players. It is not a remarkable result, but good enough to honor his contribution.

I report most of those afk players when they are afk for like 2 minutes or when they just go straight forward and die.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,024 posts
31,034 battles

Let's just say that people who makes a huge difference in a match good or bad might be rewarded accordingly. And no damage is not all that counts.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,387 posts
18,960 battles

Depends, sometimes I see players that really do their best, even in bad ships. Like a DD actively scouting when bottom tier. It's a compliment.

Sometimes there is this guy that carries the game, for whatever reason. That's a compliment too.

A forum regular says "Hi". That's a compliment too.

You're a useless donkey in a top tier ship? Report.

You mouth off in chat? Say something racist or sexist? That's a report.

You play Admiral while being dumb? Report.

Excessive messaging. Not a report, just blacklist.

• Cool 8

[RN-GF]
[RN-GF]
Beta Tester
92 posts
5,979 battles

I compliment anyone who plays unselfishly. Even if they don't get much XP.

• Cool 10

[YEBOI]
Players
284 posts
6,896 battles

I always compliment triple Smolensk div on the enemy team. And most of ranked teammates. I run out of compliments quickly

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[LUZ1]
Players
501 posts
10,865 battles

I compliment players if they play well, eg when they rank top of the team, have multiple kills or I got effective support etc. I conciously check at the end of each game.

I seldom report. If I do it is bots, players that ruin the game by being completely inactive or run to the edge of the field, or players that absolutely actively refuse to contribute to the team. And gross misconduct in chat, usually profanity.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I always compliment (good) teamplay and assistance... That means that I almost never run out of compliments these days. 

I also compliment an enemy that plainly outplayed me and managed to sink me in a rather humiliating way.
Reports: chat-abuse or yolo-rushers and extremely poor play.

• Cool 4

[EUTF]
Players
137 posts
5,583 battles

I always try to give +1 to friendly/enemies that played good and tried to assist you or try to do their best to have a good match
I give -1 to afk people, yoloing dd's that die in 2mins or full hp bb in a corner of the map for 15mins

Fun part is lately that i played coop for quick directives im getting to many -1 reports for no reason ^_^ (im yoloing with a Musashi in the middle :Smile-_tongue:)

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
613 posts
3,709 battles
24 minutes ago, blindhai said:

I for one compliment a player when he gets at least 2000 base XP, always

I'm not that analytical. There are a lot of selfish players out there, who, simply because they score high, doesn't make them a team player.

I tend to compliment good, co-operative play, whether it gets good results or not. It's so rare to see team play, I think it deserves mention and reward.

If I've been sunk, and am sitting on the shoulder of a good player, and see them do something skilful, they get a thumbs up too.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
948 posts
8,035 battles

I report my teammates who play like idiots and compliment enemies who don't play like idiots. Also report all AFKs...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,357 battles
27 minutes ago, blindhai said:

So...when do you compliment

when they deserve it, any contribution may qualify even trying but ultimately failing is potentially commendable.

27 minutes ago, blindhai said:

or report players?

when they deserve it, any and all fucktardery, cowardness, playing for the enemy, afking, botting, opening your áss in chat and sabotage attempts in general will qualify no matter any potential amount of ill-begotten xp.

Worthy adversaries - see first answer.

Fucktards on the enemy team, see second answer.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
25,446 posts
13,869 battles
24 minutes ago, blindhai said:

I for one compliment a player when he gets at least 2000 base XP, always. I think that you can honor those players. It is not a remarkable result, but good enough to honor his contribution.

I do that too + players from the losing team with 1300+ base XP, unless these players do something negative.

I also compliment players who I regard as helpful.

Reports depend on my mood.

I try to reserve reports for players who behave toxic in chat, but often end up reporting players who completly misuse their ship (high Tier ships ending at the bottom of the scoreboard, BB with full health at the back,...)

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,939 posts
8,422 battles

Compliments for supportive play or good solo carrys. Sometimes i compliment people for realising "just staying alive is enough to win". And friendly players i know.

Reports naturally for plain insults and clearly bad play in high tiers (mostly BBs or DDs).

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

I compliment polite people, also players who contribute the most to the teamplay. Which doesn’t necessary means they have the highest score.

I report everyone who is even a bit toxic in the chat. And teamkillers.

Players
392 posts
3,876 battles

I compliment good players, as simple as that, players who carry, play the role of their ship as it supposed to be (uncommon sight these days) and play with the team.

I report people that are the opposite, campers, lemmings, German BB players who camp with their ships trigger me the most, people who suicide for no reason, do not play the role of their ship and generally playing very badly.

I'm surprised that so far nobody posted in this thread that he reports CV's for killing hes DD, i get reported every 3-4 games in a CV when taking a huge chunk or sinking an enemy DD in the first minutes of the match.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,050 posts
8,683 battles

Compliment:

- If doing outstandingly good, which usually means outscoring me or any of my division mates. Just 2 days ago complimented an Albemarle who kinda killed the entire flank on his own.

- If someone does something which i ask him to do: CV helping vs DD or a DD giving me smoke, just as an example.

Reports:

- too much :cap_fainting:

Yolo suiciders, people insulting others, AFK people in either team, actively not playing the game.... probably more

[H_FAN]
Players
2,512 posts
39,669 battles
2 hours ago, blindhai said:

Hi there,

I report most of those afk players when they are afk for like 2 minutes or when they just go straight forward and die.

Players that I have nice conversation with, players that helps and does the best they can, forum members I recognize, players that I think does good, especially if I win agame and there are several more players that I think have contributed a lot even if they do not score so high,.let us say i play  a good game but not stellar but I think the team has played well I may compliment 5-6 players or so depending on score. Outstanding players I often compliment in lost battles to.

Had a game f.e. lost game with several hopeless players where I had arond 1300 XP in Izmail 3 ships sunk and ggood dmg and my Lexington had roughly same score, next player had 700 iin our team, long and hard fight, I was disappointed on some of our players that throwed the game but we 2 held out for long, I complimented him as we did our best and not any steps wrong. But as I play many games especially on weekends my compliments often rans out.

Bots (programmed round the map drivers) I report. AFK generally not as RL commitments sometimes must take notice (random/coop) ranked is another matter. It is just agame and you do not know if it is just bad luck or so. 

Deliberate saboteurs i report generally. Not new players if I know it. Passive BBs  with full  health in endgame that does not commit I may report f.e.  if we are losing and they do nothing to stop it. I report in my own team, very seldom at other teams request if it is not a serious offence, not bad play. If they are teamkillers mostly but not always, if they apologize I accept it generally. I have teamkilled myself a few times.

[LUZ1]
Players
501 posts
10,865 battles
3 hours ago, steveraptor said:

I compliment good players, as simple as that, players who carry, play the role of their ship as it supposed to be (uncommon sight these days) and play with the team.

I report people that are the opposite, campers, lemmings, German BB players who camp with their ships trigger me the most, people who suicide for no reason, do not play the role of their ship and generally playing very badly.

I'm surprised that so far nobody posted in this thread that he reports CV's for killing hes DD, i get reported every 3-4 games in a CV when taking a huge chunk or sinking an enemy DD in the first minutes of the match.

I don't report CVs or any type of ship. I only report obnoxious behaviour. 

[PIKES]
Players
358 posts
5 hours ago, Nauseica said:

I always try to give +1 to friendly/enemies that played good and tried to assist you or try to do their best to have a good match
I give -1 to afk people, yoloing dd's that die in 2mins or full hp bb in a corner of the map for 15mins

Fun part is lately that i played coop for quick directives im getting to many -1 reports for no reason ^_^ (im yoloing with a Musashi in the middle :Smile-_tongue:)

Perhaps those who don't know how the Musashi must be played, specially in  coops, are giving you those -1

Players
1,515 posts
17,913 battles

Compliments I usually give for players who I can see have either done very well i.e. Over 2500 base xp or they clearly have tried to help the team such as smoking up light crusiers and then spotting for them. Also anyone who tries hard to work with me through chat or good teamwork. 

Reports I usually save for people who are rude ( racist language or swearing usually) or being deliberately bad such as taking a top tier BB and going to sulk in the far corner of the map or revealing team positions in open chat. Yolo rushing CVs who don't launch planes but just push forward to die. Also when I play DD and a fell DD player follows me around the map constantly usually firing wildly making sure I can't do anything productive.

Players
1,515 posts
17,913 battles
3 hours ago, steveraptor said:

Hopefully that's an indication that those of us on the forum try not to hate the people who play the class. 

Also I wouldn't worry it works both ways, if I kill a CV when I'm playing DD I take it for granted said CV will report me for my impertinence. 

Players
3,077 posts
On 3/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, blindhai said:

Hi there,

If the red team play well I +1 them, unless some jerk on our teams purposely team damaging our players, I rarely report players 

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
6,875 battles

I report on principle all smolensks in both my team and enemy for misbehavior in chat
Compliment enemy afk ships
Report brainless people who yolo, broadside, are 37km away from the rest
Compliment people who carried the match and cvs that protect their dds in the endgame