Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eviscerador

Fun and engaging tier III play (thanks to CV)

14 comments in this topic

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
656 posts
6,004 battles

Hello fellow captains!

So I convinced one of my friends to just try the game because why not. So he wanted to level up the american BB line because it has so many famous names and the idea of dreadnoughts and then fast and accurate battleships looked fun for him.

After two hour of playing and once unlocked the South Carolina we started having nonstop games with 2 and 3 CV per game. Imagine my friend in a stock South Carolina being hit by torps, rockets and bombs all the time since he is just a slow floaty pinyata for people with clan tags on their names and Ocean Soul camos on their Hoshos.

I proceeded to tell him what he could do about carriers (pretty much anything) so he said "ok, this doesn't look fun" and I have to agree with him.

He uninstalled afterwards.

Good joob wargaming.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,094 battles

Well, to be honest I sometimes play tier 4 and have to face 2 to 3 cvs in my Clemson which has no aa but still can work out well in the battle.  He needs more experience, low tier cvs don't deal much damage.

• Bad 3

[XFS]
Players
206 posts
17,618 battles

if I take any friends or anyone first time I take them into co-op to try the game to learn the ships and play find there paly style not take them straight to L3 in random after two hours talk about into the deep end no wonder he quit , its not war gaming at fault here its you

• Bad 3

[YEBOI]
Players
296 posts
9,114 battles
9 minutes ago, tsounts said:

low tier cvs don't deal much damage.

Kek

low tier CV players don’t usually deal much damage. The ships are entirely capable of dealing 60k dmg on average and 100-120k on a winning game that isn’t a roflstomp

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Eviscerador sagte:

Looking at some replies here, I bet he is encouraget to come back...

Excuse me but I believe you surely warned your friend about the low tier situation and kind of painted a hellish picture even before all that happend.

You could have prepared him better telling him how to not get singled out in such games and how to react better to CV's. 

Why didn't you take advantage and teach him? 

• Funny 2

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
656 posts
6,004 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Excuse me but I believe you surely warned your friend about the low tier situation and kind of painted a hellish picture even before all that happend.

You could have prepared him better telling him how to not get singled out in such games and how to react better to CV's. 

Why didn't you take advantage and teach him? 

Tell me oh great guru. How can my friend defend against triple CV with a stock tier 3 battleship?

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Gerade eben, Eviscerador sagte:

Tell me oh great guru. How can my friend defend against triple CV with a stock tier 3 battleship?

Let me talk to your friend. I will help him and he will have success. 

• Funny 2

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
656 posts
6,004 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

Let me talk to your friend. I will help him and he will have success. 

I will have to translate since he doesn't speak english. So tell me and I will translate him.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles

I will have to translate since he doesn't speak english. So tell me and I will translate him.

No its not that easy. I would have helped him in voice chat but writing it down is very hard to understand especially for a new player. 

• Boring 2

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
656 posts
6,004 battles
5 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

No its not that easy. I would have helped him in voice chat but writing it down is very hard to understand especially for a new player. 

Oh I see. Your wisdom is so deep you need to talk and you can't write it down. Looks legit man!

Ok I will make it easy for you. Give me a few general tips of how a new player with a stock south carolina can have fun in a game with multiple tier 4 carriers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

I really miss the old Yubari's AA from the RTS era (pre massive nerf). It had a quite respectable aa and I usually avoided that ship when playing with cvs (Zuiho mainly). Nowadays it's pure crap. Otherwise I would take it much more often on those low tier cv battles.
Also, I used to run a full AA Kirov and I had alot of fun with it on the RTS era, after the nerf it was somewhat useful (3 puffs of aa with the upgrade) but after the latests changes it's pure crap again.
Yeah, WG is doing everything possible to remove decent aa from low tiers.

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles

Oh I see. Your wisdom is so deep you need to talk and you can't write it down. Looks legit man!

Ok I will make it easy for you. Give me a few general tips of how a new player with a stock south carolina can have fun in a game with multiple tier 4 carriers.

Not possible. You can misinterpret or twist the scenarios I write down around to your likings and we will be stuck in endless "if this or that however" 

I have alt accounts I played on with solo stats that prove that those DD's are playable with the right approach and BBs are so easy to play even a newbie can understand it with the right explanation. 

If he doesn't understand English (is he German by chance) then I can't help until I have written down a large and covering comprehensive guide which you can then translate for him. 

• Boring 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,300 posts
11,665 battles

Hello,
please use the brand new sticky CV discussion topic for CV related issues and discussions.
this topic will be locked.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 4