You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Detective Kléberot in Action! Murder in the Western Sea

48 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,143 posts
28,476 battles

Not a clever idea to ridicule co op players, you keep shooting at your own feet WG.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[SKRUB]
Beta Tester
13 posts

So yet another example of the zero risk CV surviving to farm all through a battle- what a surprise, while the fighting ships like Montana die.

With the 9.2 effective nerf of the Montana (inability to over match cruisers armour) I guess her the sinking is WG way of showing in this video how useless she is now.

Edited by kneecapper
Added Montana nerf comment
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,063 posts
17,358 battles
46 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Not a clever idea to ridicule co op players, you keep shooting at your own feet WG.

Well, WG doesn't need their money. WG doesn't need anyone's money it seems.

• Cool 1

Players
144 posts

I found it quite amusing to be honest,, and anything that can Brutalise, Maim and generaly :etc_swear: CV's over gets my Blessing :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
18 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Who dared to destroy battleship Montana? Witness Kléberot’s deductive approach in action!

Read it on the portal

Yes, as I keep saying, behind the scenes, the ARROGANCE of these people become evident, the sheer CONTEMPT for the players comes out.....

Every single time WoWs tries to be funny... at the expense of the player base... they lose more support. An apology is called for here... a REAL apology, not some Sub_Octavian type lame excuse either.

Edited by Kiwi1960
typo
  • Cool 5

Players
9 posts
5,059 battles

Hahaha.. So Now the swedish Navy is the bad guys ,, lol .. 

That mowie was one of the better ,,, 

Ohh,, If u see me out there just attack me ,, hahahhaaaaaa.. I crack my self up .. 

See u out there  :)   S294e ,,, 

Sierra Two Nine Four echo.. 

Greatings from Sweden 

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

How could it have been ANY DD? Everyone knows that they don't last long in ANY game....

so, of course.... its a FRAME UP by WoWs staff.... it MUST be... they're the ones telling the "story".... right?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,606 posts
10,080 battles

If only WG had spent a fraction of the PR budget into fixing some of their Operation but I guess the spreadsheet proves that they aren't popular (maybe because so many have been removed - firt for the CV rework and then because of the AI path-finding bug).

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
3 hours ago, iJoby said:

We're not ridiculing them - it's a humorous video taking in-game content as story elements. Yes, our system currently sanctions players with e.g. TK issues, in a way that will restrict them to coop and most random players would see it as punishment. That doesn't mean we're laughing about coop players. It's fun. It's a game. Please don't read things that aren't there into something joyful, lighthearted.

2 hours ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Yes, as I keep saying, behind the scenes, the ARROGANCE of these people become evident, the sheer CONTEMPT for the players comes out.....

Every single time WoWs tries to be funny... and the expense of the player base... they lose more support. An apology is called for here... a REAL apology, not some Sub_Octavian type lame excuse either.

I don't know what video you saw, but this is definitely not true for this video. If you watch a video like this and feel like there is contempt for players in there, please take a moment to step back or take a break. You might not find this video funny, fair enough - not everybody will find the same things funny as others do, but there is no contempt or bad intention behind this.

2 hours ago, kneecapper said:

So yet another example of the zero risk CV surviving to farm all through a battle- what a surprise, while the fighting ships like Montana die.

With the 9.2 effective nerf of the Montana (inability to over match cruisers armour) I guess her the sinking is WG way of showing in this video how useless she is now.

:cap_wander:

2 hours ago, S294e said:

Hahaha.. So Now the swedish Navy is the bad guys ,, lol .. 

That mowie was one of the better ,,, 

Ohh,, If u see me out there just attack me ,, hahahhaaaaaa.. I crack my self up .. 

See u out there  :)   S294e ,,, 

Sierra Two Nine Four echo.. 

Greatings from Sweden 

Happy that you enjoyed it, have fun with the first Swedish ships!

2 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

I found it quite amusing to be honest,, and anything that can Brutalise, Maim and generaly :etc_swear: CV's over gets my Blessing :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

It's different but most people seem to get the humour - our video team wanted to try something different with presenting a new line and what makes it special. But I'm sure evil Midway will find a way to strike back :Smile_hiding:

And in general - guys, come on. Fun video, no evil intentions - please never forget this is a game.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[META]
[META]
Players
124 posts
14,922 battles

Ahh come on you don't have to defend this .. I think its funny and well made :)

Cheers!

PS. I own a coop ally so u just watch out!

:) :)

• Cool 2

[SECSF]
Players
93 posts
6,121 battles

OK moar DDs with powerful concealment and guns - guess my Shimakaze will stay at port.

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

We're not ridiculing them - it's a humorous video taking in-game content as story elements. Yes, our system currently sanctions players with e.g. TK issues, in a way that will restrict them to coop and most random players would see it as punishment. That doesn't mean we're laughing about coop players. It's fun. It's a game. Please don't read things that aren't there into something joyful, lighthearted.

I don't know what video you saw, but this is definitely not true for this video. If you watch a video like this and feel like there is contempt for players in there, please take a moment to step back or take a break. You might not find this video funny, fair enough - not everybody will find the same things funny as others do, but there is no contempt or bad intention behind this.

:cap_wander:

Happy that you enjoyed it, have fun with the first Swedish ships!

It's different but most people seem to get the humour - our video team wanted to try something different with presenting a new line and what makes it special. But I'm sure evil Midway will find a way to strike back :Smile_hiding:

And in general - guys, come on. Fun video, no evil intentions - please never forget this is a game.

Greetings, Crysantos

Fun video???? "Punishment... play CoOp for 12 months"?????? That isn't fun....

Talking warships?????

WoWs has been watching far too much "Thomas the Tank engine"....

The video wasn't fun... it was childish, and in the end, turned out to be a massive advert for ships they were wrongly classing as OP.... it sank a BB.... OMG.... yeah right....

It will be like all the other recent warships... including the Pay-to Rico fiasco... DUDS!

And might I add, that your telling us to laugh only makes matters worse. I didn't find it funny at all, but unless you're saying we cannot have an opinion on what we saw... then ... why should we listen to your opinion that it was funny?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[B_H_D]
[B_H_D]
Players
21 posts
24,965 battles

I have to admit, I found that video quite fun.... except for one detail..... everybody who has ever read a book or seen a movie about Klèberot's cousin Hercule Poirot knows, they are from Belgium and NOT from France !   Hence, cladding Kléberot with a French camouflage could be cosidered a sacrilege by puritans ;-)

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
1 hour ago, Altusambitio said:

I have to admit, I found that video quite fun.... except for one detail..... everybody who has ever read a book or seen a movie about Klèberot's cousin Hercule Poirot knows, they are from Belgium and NOT from France !   Hence, cladding Kléberot with a French camouflage could be cosidered a sacrilege by puritans ;-)

True, good point. Not only sacrilege, but an act of war in some places. :)

Players
23 posts
9,865 battles
6 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

I'll give you and WG a dare - if you'd DARE to accept.

Give us "Random with CVs" and "Random without CVs" button when we choose our matches.

And if you are, as you seem to be, confident in your product - this should result in vast majority of players option for a game with CVs in it.

... only you know very well that you'd get your asses kicked and pretty much nobody (well at least 95%) would choose to have CVs in the game.

Remember, it's a DARE

You DON'T DARE to give us option to choose!

I bet nobody in WG has any spine to be able to accept the challenge, but ofc spreadsheet says that balls are present and accounted for.

Btw cartoon was funny - if you could bring the same amount of creativity to the game itself, it would be great.

(CVs and subs don't count as such)

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PHL]
Beta Tester
226 posts
12,216 battles

Nice video, loved the different accents.

And Commisaire Bourrasque: "I will be promoted to T8". Nice, and well done, WG!

To the irrittaded "hordes" in this thread. OMG, it's just a funny video. 

There a enough important issues to take up the pitchforkes (2 million FXP, for gods sake) ... And Germans should be humorless. :fish_palm::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
1,219 posts
16,992 battles

It's a pity I should have enjoyed this video there were some good jokes in it but I'm just so cynical of WG these days when it comes to CV interaction plus ramming CVs into everything even clan battles all I could focus on was, can I trust WGs claim that these DDs have good AA and can these DDs survive without smoke.

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
1 hour ago, ApocalypseMeeow said:

There a enough important issues to take up the pitchforkes (2 million FXP, for gods sake) ... And Germans should be humorless. :fish_palm::Smile-_tongue:

By the same token, there are a million issues affecting the game and you telling us to laugh as a solution isn't one of them.

Rather than expend energy in this video to make ships talk... seriously... it might have been better to expend that energy explaining the changes to IFHE because a few don't care because they don't get it... (or at least, the new ships WITHOUT the alleged "comedy" in it....)

To the annoyed "hordes" telling us to laugh... OMG, its a childish video... Thomas the tank engine is better... maybe give us something funny to laugh at... maybe, a rerun of Sub_Octavian announcing the fantastic new idea of flying warships to the public where he had no idea how it would all work... THAT was funny, or would have been if we weren't crying. Given ALL that has happened since the rework started, even HE probably thinks it was a big mistake.... well... he said as much and that is why subs were not just thrown into the game till its sorted out totally...

Please.... picking on Germans isn't really fair... they LOVE Monty Python for example, but if they laughed at this .... crap... then they would be called insane.

Just because WoWs made the video doesn't mean it funny... your support of it tells me you support WoWs to the hilt no matter what they do, fair enough... but at least be honest about it AND allow us to have our opinion as well... and next time, less of the "hordes" and "pitchforks" because that was the funniest part of your post, which I suspect was unintentional when you were trying to be serious (but I could be wrong)

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
17 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

BUT it was a funny video (and failed).... or was this the aim... to make people THINK the new ships are OP?

[ANV]
Players
542 posts
8,678 battles
14 hours ago, Crysantos said:

It's different but most people seem to get the humour

Seeing as you like to pick apart players who say things like "Most of the players hate CVs" as being "Unsupported by facts", I'd love to know how you can then claim to know that "Most people seem to get the humour"...?

I found it excruciatingly embarrassing in how utterly bad it was and what a monumental waste of time and money it must have been.

Far be it from me to "arrogantly" claim that my opinion represents most of the community though.  (which is how you describe people who say things on behalf of "Most people"")

Irony much?

• Cool 3

[PHL]
Beta Tester
226 posts
12,216 battles
26 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

[...]

Please.... picking on Germans isn't really fair... they LOVE Monty Python for example, but if they laughed at this .... crap... then they would be called insane.

[...]

Call me insane, I am German... :fish_aqua:

Just let us agree, that we disagree.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,117 posts
13,404 battles
1 hour ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Seeing as you like to pick apart players who say things like "Most of the players hate CVs" as being "Unsupported by facts", I'd love to know how you can then claim to know that "Most people seem to get the humour"...?

I found it excruciatingly embarrassing in how utterly bad it was and what a monumental waste of time and money it must have been.

Far be it from me to "arrogantly" claim that my opinion represents most of the community though.  (which is how you describe people who say things on behalf of "Most people"")

Irony much?

Fair point - let me rephrase that to "most reactions" I saw to the video were positive - on the video itself, the reactions to it and what I saw people commenting on streams where streamers like Flambass showed it. Also please don't forget the context of the posts I quoted, where some players stated we are mocking entire player segments or show contempt. I checked the entire comment section on that video and I couldn't see any comments like besides some references to DD / CV balance - but far from the comments in here, which are also very few in numbers.

Never said everybody likes it or has to like it - humour is subjective and such videos can be super cringy.

15 hours ago, DarkPhariah said:

Ahh come on you don't have to defend this .. I think its funny and well made :)

Cheers!

PS. I own a coop ally so u just watch out!

:) :)

:Smile_trollface:

2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

It's a pity I should have enjoyed this video there were some good jokes in it but I'm just so cynical of WG these days when it comes to CV interaction plus ramming CVs into everything even clan battles all I could focus on was, can I trust WGs claim that these DDs have good AA and can these DDs survive without smoke.

I understand and that's absolutely fine to say that here. It's important for us to know.

9 hours ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

I'll give you and WG a dare - if you'd DARE to accept.

Give us "Random with CVs" and "Random without CVs" button when we choose our matches.

And if you are, as you seem to be, confident in your product - this should result in vast majority of players option for a game with CVs in it.

... only you know very well that you'd get your asses kicked and pretty much nobody (well at least 95%) would choose to have CVs in the game.

Remember, it's a DARE

You DON'T DARE to give us option to choose!

I bet nobody in WG has any spine to be able to accept the challenge, but ofc spreadsheet says that balls are present and accounted for.

Btw cartoon was funny - if you could bring the same amount of creativity to the game itself, it would be great.

(CVs and subs don't count as such)

It's not about spine, it's a simple matter of why would you "allow" a class that might be a counter to yours? Giving the option to exclude other ships, e.g. DDs for BBs, would also be done because it makes your life easier. Give DDs the option to ban radar CAs? Sorry but that's not a challenge, it's a very one-sided way to look at things.

13 hours ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Fun video???? "Punishment... play CoOp for 12 months"?????? That isn't fun....

Talking warships?????

WoWs has been watching far too much "Thomas the Tank engine"....

The video wasn't fun... it was childish, and in the end, turned out to be a massive advert for ships they were wrongly classing as OP.... it sank a BB.... OMG.... yeah right....

It will be like all the other recent warships... including the Pay-to Rico fiasco... DUDS!

And might I add, that your telling us to laugh only makes matters worse. I didn't find it funny at all, but unless you're saying we cannot have an opinion on what we saw... then ... why should we listen to your opinion that it was funny?

Feel free to have your opinion - or did I censor your post? You also don't have to agree that it's fun. But where I draw the line is if you make claims like you did in the posts before - that's the point where I ask you to take a step back, look at the video with a bit of distance and make sure you're not extremely exaggerating.

2 hours ago, ApocalypseMeeow said:

Thanks, will be happy to pass that along to our video team.

Have a nice week!

Crysantos

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
54 minutes ago, ApocalypseMeeow said:

Call me insane, I am German... :fish_aqua:

Just let us agree, that we disagree.

Of course, there are two ways I can answer, but no matter. We disagree. I never said ALL Germans, I try not to generalize.

HOWEVER.... it just dawned on me... those warships in the video were all on the same team...

So.... drive a new warship from Sweden and become a TKer???? Are all Swedes this untrustworthy?

The fact is.... they could have found the guilty party by seeing who had been made pink... none were, so ....