Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grimmblut

Poll about Ranked Seasons

What's your opinion about Ranked Seasons?  

105 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Do you take part in Ranked Seasons?

• Yes, I do play Ranked Seasons.
    • No, I don't play Ranked Seasons.
  2. 2. Do you like playing Ranked Seasons?

• Yes, I love them.
    • Yes, I like them.
    • Yes, but I have no strong opinion about them.
    • No, but I have no strong opinion about them.
    • No, I don't like them.
    • No, I HATE them.
  3. 3. Please pick the answer that most suits your opinion about Ranked Seasons!

• I play Ranked Seasons just for fun.
    • I play Ranked Seasons because they are fun and give good rewards.
    • I play Ranked Seasons just for the rewards and wouldn't play them if there wouldn't be rewards.
    • I don't play Ranked Seasons.
    • None of the answers above match my opinion adequately.
  4. 4. What do you think about CVs in 7vs7 Ranked Seasons?

• They DO fit into the 7vs7 format of Ranked Seasons.
    • They DO NOT fit into the 7vs7 format of Ranked Seasons.
  5. 5. How many DDs should be present AT MOST in a 7vs7 Ranked Season match?

• 2 (one per side)
    • 4 (two per side)
    • 6 (three per side)
    • 8 (four per side)
  6. 6. Do you think that Ranked Seasons - as they are currently present in the game - encourage players to continue playing WoWs?

• Yes, Ranked Seasons are a good addition to the game, keep more player playing WoWs and encourage new players to join WoWs.
    • No, Ranked Seasons frustrate players more than they are fun and WoWs loses more players because of Ranked Seasons than it gains new or keeps old players.
  7. 7. Do you think the way Ranked Seasons work needs a fundamental change?

• Yes, they need a fundamental change
    • No, they don't need a fundamental change

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2020 at 05:03 AM

22 comments in this topic

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
114 posts
9,328 battles

Please let us know about your opinion about Ranked Seasons. The poll will be open for two weeks.

• Cool 2

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
114 posts
9,328 battles

Hi Yoshanai,

thank you for your feedback. Strangely enough, to me the arms race mod is the only thing that adds some salt and pepper to the 7vs7 format.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,602 posts
13,877 battles
18 minutes ago, Grimmblut said:

Please let us know about your opinion about Ranked Seasons. The poll will be open for two weeks.

A very comprehensive Questionare and i might add the first balanced one i have seen on the matter.

Was a pleasure to provide you with some feedback

• Cool 1

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
114 posts
9,328 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

A very comprehensive Questionare and i might add the first balanced one i have seen on the matter.

Was a pleasure to provide you with some feedback

Thank you, good sir. Although I have an opinion about the whole subject, I was primarily interested in the opinion of the general player base. Maybe to see whether my opinion varies to much from the general opinion, maybe to give the devs some insight. In any case, that's why I tried to be as neutral as possible when I formulated the questions and answers.

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,622 battles

Answered the poll and would like to put some things in aswell:

- Stop with the tier 9-10 spam. We have a beautifully neglected tier mainly tier 6 where arguably the balance is overall the best, with lots of interesting and fun ships. And yet we never see it. 

- Hardcap on all classes to stop it from beeing flooded with just one shiptype. Tier 8 Ranked is a prime example where you could have 6 BB's per side and one terrified cruiser.

- Seperate the brackets more. Currently Rank 5-1 play in their own bracket, and it feels like the rest of the Ranks are in one massive pool. Some more separation would be nice like every 5th Rank or so.

- I don't have much against Arms Race, but I do think it just should be a seperate game mode and keep out of Ranked. If I'm going to slog through the Ranks I would like it to be in an enviroment where I am familiar.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,180 posts

Arms Race WAS a separate mode when it first came to be but seems it just wasnt popular enough so it was pulled, however seems the AR is sponsored by some big boy  at WG central and it gets forced down our throats again and again  and again

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,622 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Arms Race WAS a separate mode when it first came to be but seems it just wasnt popular enough so it was pulled, however seems the AR is sponsored by some big boy  at WG central and it gets forced down our throats again and again  and again

Yeah I know, and as a seperate game mode it was alright. I played it a bit on my own terms and kinda actually enjoyed it.

But slapping it together with another game mode does not work terribly well, especially since I have to force myself to play said game mode.

• Cool 3

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,060 battles

I absolutely hate ranked with all my heart.
More now where it is played in Arms Race mode.

WoWs at its core is a highly tactical and strategical game that is treated as an arcade.
Ranked, same as clan battles, should emphasize on the tactical and strategical theme.
Randoms and Arms Race and Coop should emphasize on the arcade part.

That being said, Arms Race DOES NOT belong in either ranked or CBs.
All the muscle memory and instincts you have build are eliminated by random buffs that further boost overpowered ships, leading to (among other things) everyone playing at range and ignoring the objective.
CVs in a 7v7 format, along with the well known AA problems, lead to making dds almost useless in their presence and create blobs that panic circle at the edges of the map.
Also no more than 2 dds per side should EVER be able to participate in ranked. It is called ranked and not deathmatch-arena or torpedobeats-clusterfak for a reason.
And then we move on to the useless mm. I would pick anytime a rank20 player with 55% wr in his ship of choice than a rank2 player who played 600 matches to get there.
Currently, ranks are not a measure for ability, are a measure for persistence.
So, switch mm, at least for ranked, to take into account ship wr and class wr.

TX is a bad choice for ranked imo.
Powercreep, old ships that are lacking etc.
My preferred tier will always be TVIII for ranked since everything seems more balanced and the differences between old and new ships do not feel like there is a huge gap.

People play ranked for the rewards and only the rewards.
Remove all rewards from middle ranks and give them accumulated only at specific check points like Rank10,5 and 1.
Remove irrevocable ranks. You loose, you pay the price.

Do not allow premiums to enter ranked.

Overall it is a very frustrating experience that gets worse by wgs choices.
I either totally skip it or take it slow up to rank 5-7 where i just give up since i cant stand anymore that stupidity.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,916 battles

I play always couple of battles to get to Rank 11, so to get some steel.

It can be 7 CV per side or whatever and I don't care.

I do not think that they can mess with it so much that getting to Rank 11 will be a grind.

As it was fine to do the missions in it, i played more battles than assumed and gathered more steel.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,767 battles

Just play ranked to grind legendary mods. Rewards I get are a nice bonus.

Players
2,445 posts

What annoys me most is when you nail an adversary (A DD for example) and it flees with barely 2k health it can later come back to attack you with over half its health pool restored.... this only benefits the idiots who have no idea how to play the game... sorry but this Arms Race is a farce. You get blown to 2k health pool you stay at 2k.... That in itself teaches you how to play a particular class.

• Cool 1

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
114 posts
9,328 battles

I once finished a match in my Kremlin with 170k dmg dealt, over 2 million potential damage received and full health. :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,000 posts
17,677 battles

I played ranked to get the LM for Zao.

Rank 10 was my goal that i reached pretty fast.

If i had a higher goal or would take ranked seriously as i did in the years before, i would get crazy after a few battles.

Why does a player with just a few hundred matches, mostly played in coop, have access to ranked with his only T10 ship PayToRico?

55 ranked games played, wr of 40% and avrg damage of 28k.

Why?

• Cool 1

[VH]
[VH]
Players
177 posts
17,679 battles
9 hours ago, Grimmblut said:

Hi Yoshanai,

thank you for your feedback. Strangely enough, to me the arms race mod is the only thing that adds some salt and pepper to the 7vs7 format.

I would agree with this comment

[_DIB_]
Players
169 posts
13,852 battles

Rank is a smaller version of random with better things to get. The reason why I say that, there are to many times one gets on a team where most hang back supporting themselves or plugging gofer holes keeping an island floating. It doesn't matter what mode rank is played in. Also has to do with what day it is and time frame were those window lickers get off the short yellow bus and start playing.

I play to see how far I can get on the rank chain and stop when it gets annoying.

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
770 posts
3,641 battles

Ranked is the only PvP mode I would still play because the ability of my retarded teammates to ruin my fun is not as huge as in standard battles. Regrettably lately ranked seems to focus on tier9 and 10 just like all the rest of this game, whereas I find tiers 5-8 to be fun and tiers 9-10 painful, so no more ranked for me either.

[UA-NF]
Players
472 posts
7,899 battles

I don't understand how the heck can you be frustrated with ranked.... If you are, just don't play. Or just get rewards you can do fast, and quit. I'm grinding montana unique module in ranked, and I'm frustrated with grind a bit.... But ranked is very good way to grind those modules.

Though I'd like more leagues in ranked. 10-6, and 6-1 only two leagues is too little, I'd rather have three or four leagues, so it would be more of skill based MM

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
114 posts
9,328 battles
13 hours ago, Perekotypole said:

I don't understand how the heck can you be frustrated with ranked...

My guess is that people feel like they are missing out on rewards that they can't otherwise get or only with great effort. Steel in example is such a reward. Another issue is that losses in a ranked match negate your wins, unless you manage to reach the top of your team's XP ranking. I'm sure a lot, if not all, players that have played ranked know the feeling to have acomplished nothing, less than nothing actually, after they've played for four or five hours and have dropped in their rating compared to when they started. You usually play ranked matches with a ship that has nothing more to unlock (modules) and a captain that is at his maximum rank. So besides a handful of credits (maybe even not that if you're playing without premium) you literally get nothing if you don't manage to win more often than you lose in ranked matches.

Players
28 posts
9,696 battles

Most ranked matches are so seriously unbalanced that actually playing seems like a pointless exercise. The result feels almost predetermined. 

To me the game is dying. 

Sign in to follow this