You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.9.2 – European Destroyers: Part 1

193 comments in this topic

[MAS-X]
Players
215 posts
6,837 battles
24 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Early Access to European destroyers, changes to Inertia Fuse for HE Shells and hull plating, a new Clan Brawl, and much more!

Read it on the portal

So, finally we will see the effects on the new ifhe mechanics...

Can't say i do agree on most of this choices, but what about the new ships on the armory?

Odin, Siegfried, Agir...

I expected them to be released and waited for them for a long time

• Boring 1

[BOBS3]
Players
867 posts
15,818 battles

A query - why are you increasing the Reload rate on Jutland just at the point where you are nerfing her ability to damage Cruisers and Battleships?

She is a Destroyer that absolutely needs IFHE to be able to damage even Destroyers. Yet their HE doesn't get improved penetration and a reduction in the affects of the IFHE skill.

This just doesn't make sense.

Also these changes to Battleship and Cruiser Armour is going to affect ALL Destroyers in a Negative manner.

As a Cruiser Driver I'm interested, as a DD driver, I am alarmed...

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
513 posts
16,410 battles

I do like the Fjords port, you can put German capital ships in their natural environment albeit above water.     :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

Players
148 posts

Changing the Hull geometry of some British Ships? as they are Royal Navy ships is this a Nerf guys????

• Bad 1

Players
874 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Cambera_1 sagte:

A query - why are you increasing the Reload rate on Jutland just at the point where you are nerfing her ability to damage Cruisers and Battleships?

She is a Destroyer that absolutely needs IFHE to be able to damage even Destroyers. Yet their HE doesn't get improved penetration and a reduction in the affects of the IFHE skill.

Did I miss a hidden "/s" here? :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

Players
175 posts
2 minutes ago, Peffers said:

I do like the Fjords port, you can put German capital ships in their natural environment albeit above water.     :cap_popcorn:

Can't do that yet, there's no Scapa port...:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[C4K3]
Players
117 posts
8,339 battles

was expecting a commander with special tallants. but no. maybe thats just good I guess he would have cost about 350 000 coal. The swedish ships seems very exclusive 2 000 000 fxp. Smolendsk go to gulag. 

Just so you know. that permanent camo has nothing to do with the real camo used on swedish ships and the big ships was always grey. only  MTB and torpedoboats were camoflaged with paint the other used nets.

They just added three more russian testships. well it's smart to play with russian ships because they are always a little better. LOL.

2 000 000 fxp is about 80000 doublons 57000 with 1-35 course. thats more then 200 euro for some pixeles974105133_100px-HMS_Smland_vapen_svg.png.7efb3f0fb9734e8ca14f9cce64bba577.png

• Cool 6

Players
167 posts
13,427 battles

Looking forward to a summary on what the real effects of the IFHE change will be on different specific ship classes.

Some points I see already:

Daring/Jutland: Penetration HE shells increases to 19mm. IFHE would increase it to 23mm. So this is not crossing any meaningful level. 

No more IFHE on Daring/Jutland -> Points go to RPF most likely

Akizuki/Kitakaze/Harugumo: Interesting to see their 100mm guns can now penetrate 30mm of armour (whilst brits 112 can only reach 19mm).

IFHE on them will increase it to 37mm thus you get over that magic 32mm which is bow-stern of many BBs and basically the shell of French BBs. 

This might therefore still be a viable option - but a more tight decission. Its Fires+RPF vs IFHE penetration. Needs to be tested.

German BB secondaries: they reach 32 and 38. I would consider this great and sufficient and rather invest in Fire Prevention instead of IFHE

in a full sec. built. 

<T7 light Cruisers: even with IFHE you do not reach the magic 32mm. But you match 30mm which is the new Cruiser plating. 

IFHE is a question mark for me on those - uptiered it makes sense against cruisers. But else...too much of a trade to give 4 points and fire chance?

>= T8 light Cruisers: You get over the 32mm threshold, but not the 38mm threshold. Worth having IFHE? The longer the reload the more I would vote for IFHE.

Smolensk: Does it get 26mm or 30mm pen? In both cases IFHE gets it over the 32mm. Long range plunging will still shatter on decks.

So - choise is dakka dakka fire or more direct damage....

Any further insights on the larger guns?

Moskva, Henry, Hindenburg?

They are no longer listed...

Share your views....

[BOBS3]
Players
867 posts
15,818 battles
12 minutes ago, FreakinBiber said:

Penetration HE shells increases to 19mm.

Please show me where the RN DDs (or any other DDs) benefit from any Penetration Change.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
874 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, Cambera_1 sagte:

Please show me where the RN DDs (or any other DDs) benefit from any Penetration Change.

Here:

Here.thumb.JPG.fe78de925183a65f797e5b8750762c1f.JPG

Ohhhh and below you have glorious IJN DD Gun Buff

• Cool 3

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
228 posts
14,700 battles

So no bug fix for Cunningham and British T8 CA secondary ranges? Thanks for nothing I guess.

Edit: Nvm Cunningham got fixed.

[BOBS3]
Players
867 posts
15,818 battles
3 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

Here:

Here.thumb.JPG.fe78de925183a65f797e5b8750762c1f.JPG

Ohhhh and below you have glorious IJN DD Gun Buff

Last time I saw this - it applied to Cruisers and BB Secondaries. I have seen nothing that says it applies to DDs.

I will look forward to the update with interest to see what it actually is.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,642 posts
2 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

So no bug fix for Cunningham

you mean

Fixed an issue that caused the consumable-reload timer to freeze once Andrew Cunningham's "Consumables Expert" talent was activated

or is there another bug with him?

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,642 posts
2 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

I have seen nothing that says it applies to DDs.

then why the explicit exclusion of DDs in the two lines above?

edit: sorry, was meant to be added to my previous post

• Cool 1

Players
874 posts
Gerade eben, Cambera_1 sagte:

Last time I saw this - it applied to Cruisers and BB Secondaries. I have seen nothing that says it applies to DDs.

I will look forward to the update with interest to see what it actually is.

PTS says: It applies

RN DDs will be stupid strong with that.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
228 posts
14,700 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you mean

or is there another bug with him?

OK, I didn't see that. Thanks for correcting me.

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
211 posts
15,315 battles

Tyvm for the clan brawls with 4vs4, one of them being cv.

I'll pass though.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

Only 3.5 days to test out commander builds for free after a big gameplay change like the IFHE-rework is, is just too short.

• Cool 17

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
289 posts
12,290 battles

For the love of god WG, why do we have to "opt in" for the free captain respecs and why is the "opt in" only on the website, THIS SHOULD BE IN THE GAME CLIENT!

If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to get players to spend gold/eliteXP to re-train captains, oh wait, I'm not 2yrs old, that's exactly what you are trying to do.

At least [edited] LOL idiot censorship bot , the shortened name of Richard.. D1ck Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

TB.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2

[SWEFH]
Players
2 posts
13,612 battles
16 minutes ago, T3ddyBear said:

For the love of god WG, why do we have to "opt in" for the free captain respecs and why is the "opt in" only on the website, THIS SHOULD BE IN THE GAME CLIENT!

If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to get players to spend gold/eliteXP to re-train captains, oh wait, I'm not 2yrs old, that's exactly what you are trying to do.

At least [edited] LOL idiot censorship bot , the shortened name of Richard.. D1ck Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

TB.

Greed. And how am I to respec when there is no words on Alsace secondary builds. Does the 100mm now become useless? Just as an example.

Players
3 posts
1,324 battles

I wish you brought the national flags back. :( I know the game isn't exactly meant to be immersive, but this fancy blue & yellow flag really manages to ruin part of the fun when playing Błyskawica.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
2 minutes ago, PanzerFairy said:

I wish you brought the national flags back. :( I know the game isn't exactly meant to be immersive, but this fancy blue & yellow flag really manages to ruin part of the fun when playing Błyskawica.

When Blyska is selected in port, go to the "exterior" tab, then "flags", and then scroll all the way down. There should be an option to toggle national flags on (it's set by default on the PE-flag).

• Cool 4