Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Best find in "Try Your Luck" container?

28 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,365 battles

So, lately, I've been opting for nothing but "try your luck" containers during my daily grinds. I've gotten some fairly nice stuff, when I've turned up a super container: Camos, coal, stacks of cash etc. But nothing I'd call "super"

Question is: Has anyone gotten anything truly "super" from a Try Your Luck container, and, if so, what?

Players
7,074 posts
11,507 battles
1 minute ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Question is: Has anyone gotten anything truly "super" from a Try Your Luck container, and, if so, what?

T-61, 1000 Steel a couple of times, 14 days premium

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,365 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

T-61, 1000 Steel a couple of times, 14 days premium

Cool. Wasn't aware one could get ships from these containers. Is it possible to get rare ships, though?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I just go for the "more resource"-container, since TYL is not worth it (drop-chance on a supercontainer is still very low, and the contents of the super-container are 95% of the time not super at all, often to a degree that a regular container holds better contents). 

Best thing's I've gotten in a "super"-container: some 15k coal ones, one with 2000D, one with 30D of premium (which all went to waste since it got opened on the last day before I went on holidays, and the premium acts direct, so...). And that's it. No ship, no steel,...

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,663 posts
9,721 battles
5 minutes ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Cool. Wasn't aware one could get ships from these containers. Is it possible to get rare ships, though?

I got Enterprise after it already was removed, so it could be possible...

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,782 posts
8 minutes ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

the content of a super container does not depend on the selected choice of container

4 minutes ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Is it possible to get rare ships, though?

yes

from my experience:

in 212 SCs I found as very good stuff

3x ship

23x doubloons (5k max)

5x steel

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
688 posts
4,365 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I got Enterprise after it already was removed, so it could be possible...

Excellent. I'm not grinding resources and have more than 45,000,000 in the bank, so will keep ploughing on. See what turns up.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,461 battles
3 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Yep Got Gremy, Kamikaze, Kii and Perth when it was not available to get for money all dropped by try your luck containers. Don't take that pick after they introduced more resource containers. Still dropping Super containers from time to time

Players
581 posts
3,787 battles
4 hours ago, MrFingers said:

I just go for the "more resource"-container, since TYL is not worth it (drop-chance on a supercontainer is still very low, and the contents of the super-container are 95% of the time not super at all, often to a degree that a regular container holds better contents). 

That's solid advice and the same conclusion and reasoning I eventually came to after a brief unsuccessful run with choosing nothing but TYL containers a while back. 

I took a look at the daily containers info page on the WG site and what they outline is that every type of daily container has a ~1.5% chance of being a SC. When a player rolls the dice by choosing a TYL container, they have twice the chance of getting a SC but in reality twice the zero % chance is not so good right lol?

Ok ok, it's going to be a ~3% chance of being a SC with a TYL effort, but that's still a very low chance and not worth bothering with vs taking your chances with the resource container and at least still getting guaranteed amounts of coal every the time you try. The thing about it is this. Most the time with a TYL container you get some trashy flags, this is the most common contents which TYL containers are programmed to drop the most and that sucks right? However with the resources containers you will always get at least 400 coal and that builds up and up so while there is still  small chance of a SC at least you are slowly working your way towards a free coal purchased ship right? And of course resource containers also have a chance of 400 coal X3 and maybe 500 or X2 500 xp, some flags which are the good type of flags such as +50% xp. The TYL containers can have some really nice stuff too but it's generally just flags, that is what they are programmed % to have the most of so... just not worth it imho.

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
4 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

it's going to be a ~3% chance

It's not, it's 1.5% + 1.5% (independent of eachother), so 2.25%

Players
722 posts
4,682 battles

Atlanta and 1000 dubloons. 2-3x times flags/camos. The interesting thing is that all these rewards were in 'streak' (over 1-2 weeks) and then completely nothing as I remember.

Players
581 posts
3,787 battles
3 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

It's not, it's 1.5% + 1.5% (independent of eachother), so 2.25%

So when WG say "twice as likely" is not twice as likely? WG lied? Either way, it's a bad deal and if it's to your figures, even worse than I thought. 

[SINT]
Players
996 posts
22,138 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

So when WG say "twice as likely" is not twice as likely? WG lied? Either way, it's a bad deal and if it's to your figures, even worse than I thought. 

I thought that there was a bonus increasing the chance after each time you failed to get a SC.

Back to topic: Atlanta and 2 x 1500 steel. The rest all mediocre flags.. But i stopped picking random since the coal option was introduced.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,860 battles

I did select the TYL containers for a while with varied results.

I now just settle for the 'more resources' ones as coal comes in handy.

• Cool 1

Modder
5,029 posts
22,848 battles

From 05.2017 to today I have made screnshots of every SC from daily containers only. About 1/3 of my picks was TYL

Numbers:

about 3-4% was SC (most from TYL) = 63 SC

46% of  them had valuable things:

6,3% - 4 ships: Perth, Gremyashchy, Boise, Z-39

4,7% - doublons: 3x1k

8% - premium time: 4x7 days, 1x14 days

8% - free XP: 5x50k

3% coal: 2x15k

1,5% steel: 1x1.5k

14% special flags: 1x100, 3 x50, 5x25

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
398 posts
5,623 battles

I always picked the the resource option so far, but I got an Arizona, De Grasse and Atlanta.

[JRM]
Players
7,188 posts
20 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

You can get any ship in the game, even the pulled ones

[ONE2]
Players
3,138 posts
23,461 battles

Well, last one I remember was 50 Restless Fire camos and before that I at one time got 50 Red Dragon signals. Fair enough...:cap_like:

Sign in to follow this