You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Addition of CVs to CB next season

146 comments in this topic

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles

From the Dev Blog:

- CVs included in next season CBs

- No commander skill redistribution

I was taught to stay silent unless I have something constructive to add, despite my head being about to explode with :etc_swear:. So I'll try:

Discuss  (Bring out the Pitchforks)

Clan Battles

From April 15 to June 8, the 9th season of Clan Battles will be held. Battles will be played on tier X ships of all classes in a 7 v 7 format.

Due to the addition of aircraft carriers to this season of Clan Battles, we will introduce a new rule to limit the number of ships in battle: clans can go into battle with either 1 aircraft carrier or 1 battleship in the team.

We understand that the appearance of aircraft carriers can greatly affect the gameplay in clan battles. Therefore, we will closely monitor the results of this season and, based on the results, we will decide on further steps in the development of the Clan Battles format.

We would also like to mention that there won't be a discount on commander skills redistribution this season. This measure was required in previous seasons so that players could adjust their commanders' skills for battles where aircraft carriers were not a factor.

• Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 7

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,622 battles

I would like to see the clan that opts for a BB instead of a CV. And oh joy for the clan that brings a CV and eternal despair for the team that doesn't.

• Funny 6

Players
1,121 posts
12,785 battles

Imo its bad to not have the reset. 

CB builds are there for switching between randon and CB gameplay, not between random and no-CV gameplay

• Cool 8

Players
3,588 posts
14,275 battles

So errrrrr. How silly do those clans who refused to learn CV and have little to no players with CV skills look now.

Coz we all knew it was coming.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,257 posts
11,576 battles
8 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

So errrrrr. How silly do those clans who refused to learn CV and have little to no players with CV skills look now.

Coz we all knew it was coming.

One part of my recruitment policy was based on just that! :D

Why do you think I recruited these guys :D

giphy.gif

@Yoshanai

@Sunleader

@Asakka

@asalonen

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
601 posts

The guys who are still claiming CVs are fine can now dogde in CBs, while the rest might get less CVs in random battles during the hours of CBs running...sounds like a win-win situation.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,165 battles
29 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

I would like to see the clan that opts for a BB instead of a CV. And oh joy for the clan that brings a CV and eternal despair for the team that doesn't.

If a clan has no good CV player they can opt for a fast one flank blob push with things like Kremlin/Stalin and i bet it will surprise a lot of teams and crumble... If they can win fast the effect of the CV is negated.

• Cool 1

Players
7,061 posts
11,497 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

One part of my recruitment policy was based on just that! :D

Why do you think I recruited these guys :D

Now you just need to lobby for 6 CVs or else you have a riot at your hand whos gonna play the CV :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[CKBK]
Players
470 posts
25,485 battles

I mean who need DDs anyway LUL

• Cool 4

Players
1,973 posts
19,682 battles

Oh joy can only imagine how un fun such a season of CB will be, so not only are clans that lack good CV players going to struggle but any effort at surprise or tactics is basically out the window.   

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,257 posts
11,576 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Now you just need to lobby for 6 CVs or else you have a riot at your hand whos gonna play the CV :Smile_teethhappy:

we'll have interclan fights for the CV spot..

and have a betting mechanism already working..

wanna participate? :D

Jokes aside,

It has been obvious since the rework that WG wants to include CVs into CBs.

and it is all logical, They were trying to make a class more popular, reduce the skill gap, more balance etc etc..

If somebody is surprised right now with their addition into CB.. I have no words for that..

and I know some clans they don't have even 1 CV average CV player.. I don't know why, some of them hates CV so much, they don't allow CV players into their clans.

Whatever the reason, they will suffer greatly :D

We already started discussions about 6cruiser + CV line up options.

DDs will be useless.. may be daring, or long range torp boats like 20km shima with torp acceleration and / or somers.. or halland..

Players
7,061 posts
11,497 battles
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

We already started discussions about 6cruiser + CV line up options.

Our Discord is in full swing aswell ^^

8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

It has been obvious since the rework that WG wants to include CVs into CBs.

and it is all logical, They were trying to make a class more popular, reduce the skill gap, more balance etc etc..

If somebody is surprised right now with their addition into CB.. I have no words for that..

Indeed. Else WG would admit, that something is wrong with reworked CVs so they have no option at this point.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,257 posts
11,576 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Lol at the probability of rental CV.

OMG!!

It will be hilarious!! :D

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,423 battles

Guess this is the end for clan battles, Commanders in our clan the already stated they were gone the second CV's wad allowed in CB

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,767 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

- No commander skill redistribution

Most stupid idea ever!

They put in CV's, but no respec aloud? What kind of horseshit is that?

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles
6 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

Most stupid idea ever!

They put in CV's, but no respec aloud? What kind of horseshit is that?

There are CVs in random battles too, so it's not like a respec is required anymore.

WGs argument, not mine :Smile_popcorn:

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,090 posts
12,188 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

We understand that the appearance of aircraft carriers can greatly affect the gameplay in clan battles. Therefore, we will closely monitor the results of this season and, based on the results, we will decide on further steps in the development of the Clan Battles format.

This is WG again with their uncaring, nonsensical cut and paste answer fed to us in other threads about cv's. Unbelievable. These people aren't even original anymore, they're so transparent even a blind man can see through them, if you'll pardon the pun.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Players
653 posts
12,738 battles

New CB meta: 1 CV and 6 Stalingrads.

Average battle length: 3 minutes

:cat_cool:

• Funny 2

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles
5 minutes ago, Altsak said:

New CB meta: 1 CV and 6 Stalingrads.

Average battle length: 3 minutes

:cat_cool:

Stalins are vulnerable to AP bombs.

My bet is on 6 Minos with 4 smokes and 2 radars. Maybe Smolensks mixed in too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,769 posts
6,675 battles

This is absolute outright unacceptable. We need a damn revolt is what we need, can we please agree to burn this piece of crap game to the ground again like we did during ntc? Because this is just stupid.

Carriers in clan battles WITH NO CHANGES TO SPOTTING, and at the same time they want to piss us of extra much by not even giving us the respec to actually be able to adapt to cb gameplay? F OFF.

Review-bomb the game on steam, tell everyone you know bad crap about the game, spread it on reddit, spread it on youtube. The only way to stop wargaming from doing this crap is to make it hurt.

I would also recommend spamming them with requests for your personal data, they have to comply by law, and its a very time consuming and expensive process, lets make this crap hurt.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1