You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WoWs economy - how fast and how much FreeXP can you earn (in view of 2.000.000 FreeXP price for the upcoming Tier X EU DD "Smaland")?

95 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,754 posts
17,270 battles

Hi all,

WoWs economy - how fast and how much FreeXP can you earn (in view of 2.000.000 FreeXP price for the upcoming Tier X EU DD "Smaland")?

With the upcoming Tier X EU DD "Smaland" cost of 2.000.000 FreeXP it is, IMHO, high time to talk about WoWs FreeXP economy...

I just calculated that in past 11 months (ever since I bought "Azuma" - my last FreeXP ship because I skipped the "Friesland" in autumn of 2019 because I don't fancy the torpedoless DD - I have all other FreeXP ships) I earned and currently have a grand total of 2.100.000 FreeXP.

In other words that is about 190.000 FreeXP per month for me on average (but, for example, last month I earned "only" 110.000 FreeXP).

Is that much?

Is that low?

Also, let us NOT forget, the high FreeXP earning Operations "Dynamo" and "Cherry Blossom" are absent from start of 2019. and they no longer provide easy and fast FreeXP earning experience!

The only way to earn FreeXP in large enough quantities are playing and playing with "Special Signal Flags"... and they are not that easy to acquire (nor cheap)...

So... what is the rationale behind the 2.000.000 FreeXP price for Tier X EU DD "Smaland" when, practically, the FreeXP earning has diminished significantly compared to the past years?

How fast are you acquiring FreeXP and how much you have it collected?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

My FreeXP timeline:

• 03.06.2017. = "Missouri" = almost 2 years worth of acquiring the 750.000 FreeXP - it was long long long grind

• 21.10.2017. = "Nelson" = almost 5 months for 350.000 FreeXP

• 18.02.2018. = "Musashi" = less than 4 months for 750.000 FreeXP

• 09.06.2018. = "Kronshtadt" = less than 4 months for 750.000 FreeXP

• 03.03.2019. = "Alaska" = 8 months combined  for 750.000 + 750.000 FreeXP

• 01.04.2019. = "Azuma" = 8 months combined  for 750.000 + 750.000  FreeXP

• 10.03.2020. = 2.100.000 FreeXP (didn't buy the "Friesland" because I don't fancy torpedoless DD nor I fancied the 1M price)

The "Missouri" grind was hard... not many special signal flags at that time...

• Cool 5

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Since none of the FXP-ships appeal to me (either because works of papercraft, or outside my scope of interest in terms of timeframe, or outside of gameplay usage), I don't grind FXP. I don't use flags, I don't use modifiers,... I gather those flags & modifiers though, but they are stored in the inventory, and only see usage when there is a directive I participate in, and it requires to grind out large(r) numbers of XP/FXP/Commander XP. 

Currently sitting at 1.3M FXP. I have no idea on how fast I'm acquiring it, but it's just the 5% of my regular XP gain, so on average somewhere around 200~400 per active day.

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
281 posts
6,940 battles

I don't remember exactly when i bought Alaska for FXP but it was around December i think. I was back above 1m FXP probably end of February. Of course, i took full advantage of the 200% Events at Christmas and Chinese New Year (not entirely sure if that was 200% as well) so the math on that is rather skewed. Also i played quite a lot in the last few months.

edit: just checked, got Alaska on the 7.1.2020

Players
3,144 posts
17,768 battles

Had a lot of time to play the last 3 months, which has just changed.

Total 5 months: ~ from 2 to 4,5 mio FXP. 

Recent: ~400k / month because CBs, Ranked and I burned through a large store of PapaPapa flags and farmed in Narai.

With Narai removed and flags exhausted, I dont see myself making more than 100-200k FXP / month, even if I kept up this high level og activity. Since that is unlikely and flags are much harder to come by....FXP is getting harder and harder to come by too.

In short - no way I get Smaland the next 3 months.

[CATS]
Players
28,805 posts
15,107 battles
12 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

... just calculated that in past 11 months (ever since I bought "Azuma" - my last FreeXP ship because I skipped the "Friesland" in autumn of 2019 because I don't fancy the torpedoless DD - I have all other FreeXP ships) I earned and currently have a grand total of 2.100.000 FreeXP.

Divide by games played.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Only yesterday I've earned over 50 000 free xp. Currently I have around 560 000, so I should have 2 millions before Småland's release.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Between 50k and 150k per month.

Depending on the amount of time I play, the ships I use, and the missions I am trying to complete.

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
9 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Only yesterday I've earned over 50 000 free xp. Currently I have around 560 000, so I should have 2 millions before Småland's release.

Smaland will be released in 0.9.2 so in 2 days. I doubt that you can grind 1.5 mln in that time... Except if your wallet will be involved in the issue. 

[CATS]
Players
28,805 posts
15,107 battles

I average around 750 Free XP per match + Free XP for rewards + Increased Free XP for certain events.

That means I need around 2600 matches for 2M Free XP.

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles

I have 2mln free exp atm. I earn +/- 250k free exp a month, with CB it was over 300k a month. 

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Smaland will be released in 0.9.2 so in 3 days. I doubt that you can grind 1.5 mln in that time... Except if your wallet will be involved in the issue. 

True that. I thought she will be released together with Pan EU line, my bad. Well, given that I'm going for holidays next week and won't be able to play, I think I will have 2 millions before end of March.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I average around 750 Free XP per match + Free XP for rewards + Increased Free XP for certain events.

That means I need around 2600 matches for 2M Free XP.

750 that's with papa papa? 

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
Just now, Greyshark said:

True that. I thought she will be released together with Pan EU line, my bad. Well, given that I'm going for holidays next week and won't be able to play, I think I will have 2 millions before end of March.

No hurry she will be the whole year at the least available. 

[CATS]
Players
28,805 posts
15,107 battles
15 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

750 that's with papa papa? 

With Papa Papa and +200% Base XP Booster. 

I assumed that I use that much on average.

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

With Papa Papa and +200% Base XP Booster. 

I assumed that I use that much on average.

But the +200% bonus is a rare thing. Mostly you have +50%. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
12,250 battles

Damn, looking at your numbers I must be doing something wrong? Im at 600K right now and im playing a few games on a daily/regular basis and then its mostely high tier premiums. How much do you guys play if your at 2-4 M FXP?! And some of you have all other FXP ships as well? MJy best ships are JB and Asashio, I have Missouri but I think its hard to get really great games in her.

Some mentioned the Operations, are those that great at building FXP?

With the amount that you have im guessing WGs price for Småland isnt that outrageous at all?

[CATS]
Players
28,805 posts
15,107 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

But the +200% bonus is a rare thing. Mostly you have +50%. 

Camo and one flag are 150%

3 more flags and I am at 375%...

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Camo and one flag are 150%

3 more flags and I am at 375%...

My bad I forgot about that. Add to this +50% win bonus. 

Players
1,057 posts
15,102 battles

I'm glad that Nelson still exists, to give new players something reasonably achievable. It took me nine months of ordinary play between Jan and Sept 2018 to be able to afford her.

But then I started doing Dynamo and Cherry Blossom, and got Kronshtdat for 750,000 after four months.

Last year, I got Alaska on 19 August 2019. And got back to one million in just under two months, again because of Operations (Narai this time). And another million just before Christmas (same modus). This year I've slowed down a bit, and got 200,000 the last month, again heavily skewed by playing Killer Whale.

For anyone like me, Aegis should be back on rotation on patch day.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,754 posts
17,270 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Damn, looking at your numbers I must be doing something wrong? Im at 600K right now and im playing a few games on a daily/regular basis and then its mostely high tier premiums. How much do you guys play if your at 2-4 M FXP?! And some of you have all other FXP ships as well? MJy best ships are JB and Asashio, I have Missouri but I think its hard to get really great games in her.

With the amount that you have im guessing WGs price for Småland isnt that outrageous at all?

IMHO that is very skewed picture... I guestimate that "Average Joe" has little FreeXP and that he earns little FreeXP per game / per day / per month!

How did I acquire 2.1M FreeXP in past 11 months?

I have literally hundreds and hundreds of "Papa Papa Papa" flags that I use in ever game on every single "Premium" or "Tier X" with permanent cammo ship.

I use other special signal flags when appropriate.

But that's me (and other "Whales" / "Old Hands")... I doubt that "Average Joe" can do that...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

[SINT]
Players
996 posts
22,138 battles

My main FXP income is not that much from playing but from crates and events. The two ( out of 3) crates give on average 1k FXP and I always finish both daily mission that gives 1000 xp, 1000 FXP and 2k captain xp.

Then all the events last month ( we did hardly get time without events did we?) there were always FXP rewards to be found.

The FXP I get by actually playing the game is way less and even that is still augmented by my clan building. So on average 2000 a day with only 2 crates and playing some flagless games.

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

I'm glad that Nelson still exists, to give new players something reasonably achievable. It took me nine months of ordinary play between Jan and Sept 2018 to be able to afford her.

But then I started doing Dynamo and Cherry Blossom, and got Kronshtdat for 750,000 after four months.

Yeah . When Poltava was tested I thought it'll be another T7 free exp. But nah let's grab some money. 

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

I have Colbert, Missouri, Alaska and Nelson, JB as well but I don't remember if she was for coal for free xp. I don't play that much recently, 10 battles a day perhaps, but with good battle, camo and flags this is what I get:

shot-20_03.09_18_45.28-0246.thumb.jpg.eec5182e8f7b0abe3be004cdbde9c82f.jpg

[MORIA]
Players
7,779 posts
39,202 battles
40 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

I have Colbert, Missouri, Alaska and Nelson, JB as well but I don't remember if she was for coal for free xp. I don't play that much recently, 10 battles a day perhaps, but with good battle, camo and flags this is what I get:

shot-20_03.09_18_45.28-0246.thumb.jpg.eec5182e8f7b0abe3be004cdbde9c82f.jpg

JB was for coal only, Musashi was the one for coal + free exp at that time (750k free exp).

• Cool 1